Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Mar 16, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #1,801 of 4,108
Anyone tried running a 3 meter (10 ft) USB cable out of the N5ii and into an external DAC?
Does it work with such length?
(My Sony WM1Z doesn't and I need it in the car)
Cayin makes a great USB-c to coax cable, but it's only 1mt long. Don't know if they can make it longer for you, but you can ask and you might get lucky, these are really nice guys.
http://en.cayin.cn/products_info?itemid=101

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #1,802 of 4,108
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #1,803 of 4,108
I finally had the inverted color glitch, I think I liked the incorrect color scheme better, other than the album art weirdness :) Maybe a new skin in a future firmware version?

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,804 of 4,108
I finally had the inverted color glitch, I think I liked the incorrect color scheme better, other than the album art weirdness :) Maybe a new skin in a future firmware version?
Did your unit lag before the colour inversion? Any possible trigger?

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #1,807 of 4,108
Did your unit lag before the colour inversion? Any possible trigger?

No noticeable trigger, just turned it on and the oranges were blue, turned the screen off and back on and it was normal. Mine has very slight lag on the physical buttons

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #1,808 of 4,108
Mine went back to advanced MP3 players on 27 feb. alll due to screen glitch down the bottom. I’m still waiting for a replacement which I’m already fed up with. Over two weeks now.
Don't think your replacement will be much longer advanced mp3 players emailed me yesterday to say back in stock.
I'm still on the fence at the moment until some of the issues seem more resolved.

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #1,809 of 4,108
No noticeable trigger, just turned it on and the oranges were blue, turned the screen off and back on and it was normal. Mine has very slight lag on the physical buttons
Mine had button lag once. Pausing had a one second delay. A clear cache later and its gone.

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #1,810 of 4,108
Mine had button lag once. Pausing had a one second delay. A clear cache later and its gone.
Look like the N5ii needs to get used to its owner, rather than the other way around lol

Mar 18, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #1,811 of 4,108
Look like the N5ii needs to get used to its owner, rather than the other way around lol
I'm not sure. The stability somehow varies between one clear cache and another. Sometimes it freezes more, sometimes it freezes less.

For example one could freeze moderately and not have the colour inversion bug. However in the instance where I had no freezes at all, the colour inversion bug hit after 1 and a half weeks of use.

Sometimes random bugs like the laggy pause button bug pop up.

So far the most common cause I clear cache is to get rid of the blurry album art bug.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #1,812 of 4,108
This gives me an idea. What if I clear cache then let it build up its cache overnight?

I'll try it out and see if it works tonight :)

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #1,813 of 4,108
Don't think your replacement will be much longer advanced mp3 players emailed me yesterday to say back in stock.
I'm still on the fence at the moment until some of the issues seem more resolved.

I liked mine one the car through coax out and headphones as well. Screen bug made me to send it back worring it may lead to something else in the future.

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #1,814 of 4,108
Random question: When browsing in the artist tab, when I select an artist and it shows their albums including album artwork, it looks like there should be an artist image next to the artist name. Is it possible to put an artist image in the artist folder and have it displayed there? If so, how does that work?

Hi, one artist may have varies ablums and ablum arts like below, so we don't have such a plan currently.
IMG_8021.JPG

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 19, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #1,815 of 4,108
@CayinSupport , @Andykong did you see the light at the end of the tunnel for the usb-out issue? :)
When should we expect to see the next release? (At the beginning/end of April??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back