Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Mar 10, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #1,771 of 4,108
Hopefully the sound delay has been completely resolved :)

That is a different issue. N5ii, and most Audiophile USB DAC, are operated in Asynchronize mode, that means we created a data buffer deliberately to UN-synchronize the DAC from the source, so the audio signal bounds to have delay. The only way to synchronise the audio and visual in Asynchronize mode is to delay the video signal manually, most smart TV or monitor has provide this type of delay (or labelled as lip-sync) features already.

So a new N5ii firmware will NOT be able to resolve the sound delay.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 10, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #1,772 of 4,108
Playback interruptions continue frequently, despite all my efforts to find out why,
Typically as I'm listening and go browsing albums at the same time, also after restart, it's clear this is an issue with accessing sd card which slows down and stops playback.
If i swap the 2 sd cards it isn't happy either, after a restart one of the 2 wouldn't load.

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #1,773 of 4,108
I just said it in the message you quoted, we are working on the "USB Audio" solution, that's what you are referring to as "using N5ii as an external DAC connected via USB" :beerchug:

:) I wasn’t sure if that was what you meant, or if you meant audio output FROM the N5ii to another device. Appreciate the response, and keep up the good work!

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #1,774 of 4,108
Hi, I have an issue:
- When I'm in the child folder, I press the back button, it's not go back to parent folder instead it go straight to home screen, it happens the same with the Home button.
Please, how can I fix that ? Thanks in advance :)
Sorry for my bad English.

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #1,775 of 4,108
Hi, I have an issue:
- When I'm in the child folder, I press the back button, it's not go back to parent folder instead it go straight to home screen, it happens the same with the Home button.
Did you tap or hold the button?

Holding the button causes it to go all the way back to home.

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #1,777 of 4,108
Hi, have you switched on breakpoint resume under music settings? I switched on it and tried just now, founding everything was OK on my side.

Hello. I had the option activated, but I have an update for this. I switched the cards between the slots, and now the resume function works well for both. Don't know why that was happening, but so far so good.

The 100% volume problem has not been reproduced with the stock player, that seems, with V3.1EN, to be very robust in that sense. So, the issue looks as being related to something happening in the interaction with Android players.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #1,778 of 4,108
Andy:
Will the new firmware resolve the pausing/skipping issue? This afternoon, in the space of a half-hour, the player paused three times. Playing FLAC file, using the audiophile mode (or whatever you call it). Display was off. Playing from a SD card.
Otherwise, I'm loving this player, esp. with Ety XR5.
Thanks.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #1,779 of 4,108
Andy, a few thoughts on the next firmware update.

First, I would suggest that much of the effort be focused on existing bugs rather than add any new features.

For example, basis system reliability such as unanticipated pausing in music playback.
The USB input / output system is certainly somewhat problematic. I can not reliably transfer files from one memory card to another within the same unit. And eventually output to external DAC units needs to work smoothly.

The current firmware is materially better than what came before but we still need some improvement in key areas.

By the way I do question the choice of song numbering conventions. Track 1 really does come before track 10.

Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #1,780 of 4,108
Hi, I have an issue:

Hi, did you continue pressing the back button? Truth be told, I just tried on my unit with 3.1EN, it worked perfectly. I would like to know if other users have the same problem?

Mar 12, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #1,782 of 4,108
Playback interruptions continue frequently, despite all my efforts to find out why,
Typically as I'm listening and go browsing albums at the same time, also after restart, it's clear this is an issue with accessing sd card which slows down and stops playback.
If i swap the 2 sd cards it isn't happy either, after a restart one of the 2 wouldn't load.

Andy:
Will the new firmware resolve the pausing/skipping issue? This afternoon, in the space of a half-hour, the player paused three times. Playing FLAC file, using the audiophile mode (or whatever you call it). Display was off. Playing from a SD card.
Otherwise, I'm loving this player, esp. with Ety XR5.
Thanks.

Hi,thanks for the feedback! For the freezing problem, I have already give the feedback to our senior engineer before. We are not going to slow down our optimization process and try our best to solve it. Sorry for the trouble caused currently and please wait patiently.
@soundblast75 When you swap the 2 SD card, you can try to be slow. You can insert the second card after N5ii recognize the first SD card. Give it some time to response.

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #1,783 of 4,108
Andy, a few thoughts on the next firmware update.

First, I would suggest that much of the effort be focused on existing bugs rather than add any new features.

For example, basis system reliability such as unanticipated pausing in music playback.
The USB input / output system is certainly somewhat problematic. I can not reliably transfer files from one memory card to another within the same unit. And eventually output to external DAC units needs to work smoothly.

The current firmware is materially better than what came before but we still need some improvement in key areas.

By the way I do question the choice of song numbering conventions. Track 1 really does come before track 10.

Thank you

Hi, of course, bug optimization is prior to other other new features and personal preferences . For the USB-OUT ,we have already got it and tried our best to solve it now. The two cards problem happened before, you can check 66-68 pages starting from post 978 to do the troubleshootings. Besides, N5ii adopts "ASCII order" and we don't have a plan to do any change the order currently. Thanks for your kind advice!

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #1,784 of 4,108
I read a review where it stated that the unbalanced output appears to be fuller body, but the balanced output has a blacker background, wider soundstage, better dynamics & extension and tighter bass. Could explain why you felt it was lacking. I doubt it's the cable.

Thank you for the answer.
Not so much time to make test on my new DAP....

The only test I made with balanced output immediately gave me the impression of very low volume: setting the gain to high and increasing the volume did not solve the problem...

I must to do much more test...

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #1,785 of 4,108
Hi,thanks for the feedback! For the freezing problem, I have already give the feedback to our senior engineer before. We are not going to slow down our optimization process and try our best to solve it. Sorry for the trouble caused currently and please wait patiently.
@soundblast75 When you swap the 2 SD card, you can try to be slow. You can insert the second card after N5ii recognize the first SD card. Give it some time to response.

I have, but it only works till i restart when the card is not shown again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back