Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Feb 16, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #1,441 of 4,108
Hi,

I tried to use the Meridian Explorer 2 with N5ii. Mostly to try MQA with Roon. The explorer works with the default Cayin app but then only at a fixed, very loud, volume. It doesn’t work with Tidal or Roon. Anyone has success doing like this? It should work with Android phones so I assumed it should work with the N5ii also.
Sounds like you are using line out instead of phone out.

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,443 of 4,108
I’m using USB out via OTG adapter to the explorer and then headphone out.
If you were using USB Audio output, the volume should be controlled by the Explorer, not N5ii.

N5ii don't support MQA nor it is Roon ready.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #1,444 of 4,108
If you were using USB Audio output, the volume should be controlled by the Explorer, not N5ii.

N5ii don't support MQA nor it is Roon ready.

Yes, I understand it should be controlled by the explorer. However, it has no volume control by its own so it should be via software driver. I’ve read some other people use it with android phones but it may be some misunderstanding.

N5ii actually works very well with Roon even tough it is not Roon ready.

It’s not so important if it cannot work since I bought the explorer to have something small always at the office.

Kudos for replying on first day of new year :)

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #1,446 of 4,108
The album art is embedded so Im not sure about the size.However, if it spikes when loading the album art to ram, then why does it freeze halfway through the song instead of freezing at the beginning?

May I suggest you to turn off the album art feature in the system setup menu for the moment and test if the frequency of bug occurrence will be affected?

And I hope those who shared similar problem can give this a try as well, a larger sample will lead to a more reliable conclusion promptly.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #1,447 of 4,108
May I suggest you to turn off the album art feature in the system setup menu for the moment and test if the frequency of bug occurrence will be affected?

And I hope those who shared similar problem can give this a try as well, a larger sample will lead to a more reliable conclusion promptly.
Dear Andy, I believe I can safely state that everybody on this thread (and not only) loves you to pieces, but because of this please give yourself a break now. Will see you in a week again, happy Year of the Dog!

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #1,448 of 4,108
Dear Andy, I believe I can safely state that everybody on this thread (and not only) loves you to pieces, but because of this please give yourself a break now. Will see you in a week again, happy Year of the Dog!
Yea absolutely agree. Needy audiophiles can wait another week. They can collect data ready for you when you return!

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #1,449 of 4,108

Thanks for the concern, this is not just a user community, this is a family. :beerchug:

I arrive at CanJam hotel at 1am, couldn't sleep because Hong Kong is exactly 12hours different so my biology clock is board day light right now, I am actually on bed already, just couldn't get pass the jet lag immediately.

Last edited:

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #1,450 of 4,108
Thanks for the concern, this is not just a user community, this is a family. :beerchug:
As you surely know, music brings us together in a way that other consumer categories do not. Bye bye now, over and out. :wave:

Feb 16, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #1,451 of 4,108
As for online sellers with good after sales service, does amazon ship to your country?

Yes, Amazon ships to my country, but no european department sells the N5ii but Amazon.co.uk, but the seller is AMP3. It does not make much sense to buy from Amazon US because of shipping costs and possible taxes.
I'm in bargaining with XChesser Audio: there seems a possibility that they ships to my country at a very good price... Is this retailer reliable? Has anyone bought from them in the past?

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #1,453 of 4,108
Geez guys, if you’re going to complain about comparing to a more expensive device, at least get the price right. R6 is only available through Indiegogo and the aluminum chassis price was $479. A $130 difference, but hardly double. Just saying when we wander into the area of objective fact it’s nice to get it right

I took the data from their KS page, not from IndieGoGo, and I went with what they called the recommended price outside of KS / IndieGoGo since I had no idea if that was still running :)

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #1,455 of 4,108
Maybe that is the first song on your next folder, you can disable the play through folder option if you want to loop back to the first song of the folder (album).

I am on my Super Shuttle at LGA airport right now four more guests to go before the Shuttle leave airport.

There were five more tracks left in the folder I was playing. I went back and played the track a second time and it played the next one correctly. I have also noticed that letters with an accent or a tilde (ñ) do not display correctly. You see a Chinese character instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back