Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Dec 30, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #646 of 4,108
I have a preproduction and a production unit and both have perfect hardware, and certainly no battery issues.

And as far as sound and build, I like the N5II significantly more than the X5iii. But I haven't heard the Onkyo.

Yep, the same here, no issues with production N5ii. Loving the latest fw update!

Dec 30, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #647 of 4,108
After the v2.1en update, N5ii really has improved a lot. The UI respone is much faster now and using third party apps also improve no crash so far. But I still cann't get the LAN function working, everytime I choose the function a message pops up stating "Unfortunate Cayin Audio has stopped.", can someone help me step by step how to set up? maybe I need to fix someting on the PC side?:relaxed:

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #648 of 4,108
I had to send back my Polaris to Campfire audio. The right monitor’s dynamic driver died. Although I liked the overall sound, the recessed mids were a troubling aspect (think of Leonard Cohen singing through the telephone line) so now I’m thinking about replacing them with Lyra ii and ask Campfire to bundle a balanced cable to use with the N5ii. Would this be a good pairing? Any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #649 of 4,108
I had to send back my Polaris to Campfire audio. The right monitor’s dynamic driver died. Although I liked the overall sound, the recessed mids were a troubling aspect (think of Leonard Cohen singing through the telephone line) so now I’m thinking about replacing them with Lyra ii and ask Campfire to bundle a balanced cable to use with the N5ii. Would this be a good pairing? Any advice will be appreciated.

Should be really excellent. I foresee no issues with synergy. I have Jupiter and Dorado, both work beautifully with the N5II.

Dec 31, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #654 of 4,108
I have a preproduction and a production unit and both have perfect hardware, and certainly no battery issues.

And as far as sound and build, I like the N5II significantly more than the X5iii. But I haven't heard the Onkyo.

I've had the fiio x5-III twice now and returned it both times as I just couldn't get on with it. The second time I got it virtually brand new for £214 so basically half price in the uk and still returned it!

So regards to battery life are people getting over 9 or so hours out of wired use then, particularly after the new firmware update? How is the battery life for wireless/bluetooth?

For those in the uk interested, amp3 have 15 percent off atm even though it is still on back order. Code expires 5th of January.

Thanks

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #655 of 4,108
Late to the party, as usual; but in talking to @PinkyPowers yesterday at our “mini-meet,” he suggested I stay up on this little critter.

I did thoroughly enjoy the i5, when I had it on tour, and in reading Pinky’s thoughts/comments I am enthralled! Plus, @Andykong is a definite benefit to this site and Cayin...top class professional who loves his job (and a hard one, it is!).

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #656 of 4,108
anyone tried paring noble savanna or noble sage with n5ii? :) thinking of getting new iems to pair with the n5ii

Sage is a joy with N5II.

Dec 31, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #658 of 4,108
No. I have my Ares II cable attached, and that is a 3.5mm.

Dec 31, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #660 of 4,108
Ok, burn-in has really improved the sound of this little wonder. I’m really digging this sound and I love the form factor a lot. I wish etymotic had the balanced cables they promised a year ago but the sound out of the 3.5 port is very good. Mezzes sound fantastic as well.

IMG_4344.jpg
IMG_4339.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back