Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #436 of 4,108
Well bad bews, my 2.5mm port is totally died. It just happened after i unlugged an plugged in my A18. Dont know why.

20171220_201249.jpg

20171220_201335.jpg

Well my first M3S got problem, now N5ii. Grrr

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #439 of 4,108
Well bad bews, my 2.5mm port is totally died. It just happened after i unlugged an plugged in my A18. Dont know why.

Wow, that's a surprised to me as well. :astonished:

l'll PM you to collect the product detail such as serial number so that I can conduct a trace. Will also inform MusicTeck to make sure the problem will be taken care of.

Sorry for the inconvenient caused.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #440 of 4,108
As most of the audio companies selling android DAPs customize Android in order to get a audio-first priority operating system. Therefore, I thought that using different applications downloaded from PlayStore like Tidal, Spotify, other than its native player, is also bit-perfect. But I understand that I was wrong when I first see the Hiby R6 which claims to be the first bit-perfect Android DAP.
I read that the other audio applications are up/down-sampled by Android except the native player of the DAP as it is on different android phones unless you use UAPP. Some companies integrate Tidal and other streaming services within its own application which also provides bit-perfect streaming(Astell Kern etc.) like UAPP in standard android phones.

Does N5ii enable other 3rd party applications run in bit-perfect mode? Can we play native Tidal app downloaded from PlayStore in bit-perfect mode on N5ii?

N5ii does not have the Direct Transport Audio (DTA) architecture of HiBy R6, that requires a more advanced/modern MCU so it is out of reach to N5ii.

The SRC of N5ii is fixed at 44.1kHz, As Tidal adopted 44.1kHz as their standard HiFi Track quality, therefore most, if not all, HiFi tracks of Tidal will bypass SRC because of that.

Last edited:

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #443 of 4,108
no I don't leave it on. that's why im wondering what's sucking on the battery

Also, just in case if you installed any 3rd party apps, make sure nothing is running in the background. It's an Android DAP after all :wink:

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #445 of 4,108
Terrible shame about the damaged port. Sorry to hear that. You've had bad luck with DAPs lately.

If DHL is to be trusted, I'll have the final production unit N5II Friday. I'm excited to put it through its paces! :D

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #447 of 4,108
to n5ii owners, how's your battery life? mine is consuming around 1% per hour on standby, around 10% on standby overnight. Is this normal? @Andykong ?

Well, in my experience, leaving an Android mobile phone standby overnight and losing 1% per hour is quite normal, that's why we have added the "Idle Shutdown" feature in the pull down menu. Go to System menu, turn on the Idle Shutdown option and then set the desired shutdown time (my personal preference is 20 minutes). It might takes about a minute to turn on the N5ii, but once you get use to it and get the sequence right, you don't really need to wait that long. I have make it a habit to turn on the DAP before I reach out for my IEMs. By the time I untangle my IEM and put them on my ears "correctly", the N5ii will be ready and waiting for me to plug in my IEM.

N5ii System Menu Idle Shutdown.jpg

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #448 of 4,108

Had the same problem this past weekend, after I returned mine to Musicteck, they sent me a new one in a day. Great service!

Since i’m Not the only one, I’m afraid that the 2.5mm port is not very robust.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #449 of 4,108
Had the same problem this past weekend, after I returned mine to Musicteck, they sent me a new one in a day. Great service!

Since i’m Not the only one, I’m afraid that the 2.5mm port is not very robust.
I am hoping it would a particular batch with this issue.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #450 of 4,108
Terrible shame about the damaged port. Sorry to hear that. You've had bad luck with DAPs lately.

If DHL is to be trusted, I'll have the final production unit N5II Friday. I'm excited to put it through its paces! :D

We send the package on 14th, and I receive the tracking number on 15th, but the package sit in the DHL warehouse until yesterday. That's a nightmare to our logistic, a lot of dealers has missed the last minute Christmas sales because of that. :angry:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back