Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 22, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #3,497 of 4,108
@CayinSupport - another problem I seem to be having is that the Scheduled Power Off resets every time it turns off and on again. Seems like to should be something that can be permanently turned on!
It is normal.
On the early firmware of our N6, we set the Scheduled Power Off to not reset. Then a large number of users suggested that we modify this setting, we adopted the user's suggestion, and have been using the same setting in all of our DAPs.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 23, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #3,498 of 4,108
@CayinSupport - another problem I seem to be having is that the Scheduled Power Off resets every time it turns off and on again. Seems like to should be something that can be permanently turned on!
Scheduled Power Off is like a sleep timer you use it as you need it e.g. using the DAP at night and you planned to left it as you sleep. If you want a more permanent solution, Idle Shutdown is what you asked for. Yet the DAP wont turn off automatically while still playing.

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #3,499 of 4,108
Scheduled Power Off is like a sleep timer you use it as you need it e.g. using the DAP at night and you planned to left it as you sleep. If you want a more permanent solution, Idle Shutdown is what you asked for. Yet the DAP wont turn off automatically while still playing.

Yup, figured I was using it wrong. The wording kind of threw me, so thanks for the explanation.

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #3,500 of 4,108
Anyone use Cayin N5ii as USB DAC ? I just try to use but I hear some noise come and go all the time and I already installed universal driver to my Windows 10. How to fix this please?

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #3,501 of 4,108
Anyone use Cayin N5ii as USB DAC ? I just try to use but I hear some noise come and go all the time and I already installed universal driver to my Windows 10. How to fix this please?
There is no fix you can do by yourself. Cayin engineers have been working on it for over a year but they could not solve it!.. It's like a joke but true..

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #3,502 of 4,108
Charged my N5iiS all night and now it won't turn on. The little light just below the volume spinner is on but the screen is black. Anyone know how to force boot the device?

EDIT: Tried to turn it on/off in Recovery Mode ( power + play/pause) and even then nothing is happening)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #3,503 of 4,108
There is no fix you can do by yourself. Cayin engineers have been working on it for over a year but they could not solve it!.. It's like a joke but true..
Thanks for your kindness. I am sure Cayin N5ii is a great product. Wait for the day Cayin teams can conquer the problem. Cheers.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #3,504 of 4,108
Charged my N5iiS all night and now it won't turn on. The little light just below the volume spinner is on but the screen is black. Anyone know how to force boot the device?

EDIT: Tried to turn it on/off in Recovery Mode ( power + play/pause) and even then nothing is happening)
I have had this happen to the n5ii. I left it for an hour or two and was then able to power on after connecting to PC.

Problem only occurs occasionally for me but can't work out what triggers it.

She be a temperamental beast, but I forgive every time due to the sweet sound.

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #3,505 of 4,108

is the screen off or is the screen is just black

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,506 of 4,108
I have had this happen to the n5ii. I left it for an hour or two and was then able to power on after connecting to PC.

Problem only occurs occasionally for me but can't work out what triggers it.

She be a temperamental beast, but I forgive every time due to the sweet sound.

Tried this to no avail.

is the screen off or is the screen is just black

I think it's off. Only the small light indicator on the top right flashes on and off. Nothing else seems to happen.

--

Cayin PM'd me and basically suggested I just exchange/return it. :fingers_crossed:One more exchange (this is already my second N5iiS unit), if not I guess I'll have to find another DAP..

Jan 27, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #3,507 of 4,108
@CayinSupport

Anyone have bluetooth issues with the Cayin N5iiS? Seems very choppy when I use it with my PSB M4U 8 on bluetooth, no problems with any other device. I have to keep it close to the side of connectivity and can't scroll on the screen or look up anything or else it starts cutting out on me.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #3,509 of 4,108
Jan 29, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #3,510 of 4,108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back