Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Dec 21, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #3,363 of 4,108
More then 3 weeks that this issue with Google Play Services has been reported by users and no final solution? I have written to the Cayin email support directly and received instructions on how to downgrade Google Play Services to a versione that does not crash, but now almost no app work:

PocketCast -> Works
TuneIn -> Works
Stitcher -> Not Working: requires to upgrade Google Play Services on startup
AIMP-> Works
MediaMonkey -> Not Working: requires to upgrade Google Play Services on startup
HiFiCast-> Not Working: requires to upgrade Google Play Services on startup
BubblePNP -> Works
Foobar -> Works

Will Cayin ever address this issue?

Such a shame that a good audio player is half usable because of this Play Services problems!

Hope for the best soon.
Dear customer, sorry for the inconvenience before! we have released two new firmware for N5ii and N5iiS to rectify Google Play issue. Please upgrdae the firmware according to your model number:
http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13565&tdsourcetag=s_pctim_aiomsg
http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13564&tdsourcetag=s_pctim_aiomsg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 21, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #3,364 of 4,108
Dear customer, sorry for the inconvenience before! we have released two new firmware for N5ii and N5iiS to rectify Google Play issue. Please upgrdae the firmware according to your model number:
http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13565&tdsourcetag=s_pctim_aiomsg
http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13564&tdsourcetag=s_pctim_aiomsg

Thanks for the update, but Google Safe Browsing feature marks the links as unsafe

The site ahead contains harmful programs
Attackers on en.cayin.cn might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #3,365 of 4,108
The Application page is available but the steps is a bit complicated, so I didn't share it previously. I should have mentioned it yesterday but that was 3am in the morning so I missed that, sorry for my negligence.

1. Swipe from left to right to pull out Application Menu, Select Third Party Application to enter Application Drawer, Click ES File Explorer to access Local Memory

2. Swipe Left or Right until you arrive the Homepage screen of ES File Explorer, select APK

3. Select User Apps at control area

4. Select System Apps from pop-up menu

5. You'll arrive at the App Manager page now, scroll up and down to find the app you need. In this case, you need to look for Google Play, Select and Hold the Google Play icon until the app is selected and an quick menu will display at the bottom of the screen, select "More"

Select Property from the pop up menu

You should arrive at the Application page of Google play, scroll down and you'll find the Clear Cache option.

Silvia (Cayin Support) has tried to clear the Cache but it won't stop the "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" problem. This is expected because one of the page I quoted yesterday confirmed that they need to "Uninstalling updates of Google Play Store app" before the situation is getting better. We are now waiting for our Technical Service to conduct further investigation.
That's good news indeed, though it is in fact much more complicated than the usual page in the Settings app. Clearing cache for Play Services and cache and data for Play Store should do the trick. Another thing one could try could be to remove and then add again the Google account.
What I am worried about, though, is the fact that people over at XDA are talking about a crackdown over unlicensed use of Google Play, so that if the device is not certified the Play Store won't work. They are debating the issue in the Hidizs AP200 thread, too, as it has the same issue. If this was really the case, it would be much more difficult to get devices to work. That seems to be the case with the AP200, as the Play Store returns error -507 that seems to be related to licenses. I almost never use WiFi, but I will test the new firmware to see if everything is fine - I am sure your engineers did a good job.
Also, I am glad that the new firmware fixes the issue with sleep - kudos to Cayin for listening to feedback!

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #3,366 of 4,108
Thanks for the update, but Google Safe Browsing feature marks the links as unsafe

Attackers on en.cayin.cn might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).
That's because they use HTTP instead of HTTPS. There is no security risk involved.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #3,367 of 4,108
I've installed the update and have tested the player for 6 hours. I'm happy to report that the idle turn off function is now working perfectly, and power management is vastly improved. At idle, running one app with the screen off and Rocket Player on pause I lost 1% per hour. I have now turned off Rocket Player and will see how much power drops per hour with only presumably the custom Hiby app running in the background. Even if it still loses 1% per hour that would be a one hundred percent improvement because I was losing 2% per hour previously. Thank you @Andykong

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #3,368 of 4,108
Hi,

My N5ii cannot detect the 3.6en update OTA. Is there a way to “trigger” the N5ii so that it detects the update OTA so that I can download it?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #3,370 of 4,108
Dec 21, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #3,371 of 4,108
Hi,

My N5ii cannot detect the 3.6en update OTA. Is there a way to “trigger” the N5ii so that it detects the update OTA so that I can download it?

Please let me know. Thanks!

It was written in the firmware announcement:
To improve our server efficiency, OTA will not be available on the first day of firmware update release, and we’ll phase in the upgrade service by pushing the upgrade notification to selected N5ii units based on the last digit of the serial number over a course of 5 to 10 day.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 21, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #3,372 of 4,108
Dec 21, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #3,373 of 4,108
Looks like the issue I raised a while ago still isn't fixed in 3.6: turning on the screen doesn't return to the app I was using most recently. This is really aggravating as every time I turn on my screen to work Spotify I have to do added acrobatics to get to the app.

Dec 21, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #3,375 of 4,108
Trying to download the new firmware upgrade from Cayin's website (http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13564) and Chrome's warning red page says:

Attackers on en.cayin.cn might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites that you visit). Learn more

J4cyfa2.png

plPrKyt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back