Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Apr 1, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #1,981 of 4,108
As far as i am concerned the ball is in Cayins court. I have asked for a game plan on software updates. For me the current state of affairs is far from ideal. Is that bashing?
Having a game plan helps imo but I have yet to see a company do so. I can see why, having a game plan may lead to customer disappointment if its not fulfilled and trust me, bug fixing isn't that easy.
b_1_q_0_p_0 (1).jpg

Anyways, I will say the firmware is buggy, but as others have said, give it time. I trust cayin is working hard to resolve these bugs, after all, they have a brand reputation to keep :wink:

Wow! :ksc75smile: D u think several ones badly needed? Really? Name just one bug you confront
(Don't be sarcastic, it doesn't help :frowning2: )

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #1,982 of 4,108
game plan
People just did not realised - such thing up to Microsoft or Apple or something else. Not for Cayin - and I listen my player without any hassles
(Don't be sarcastic, it doesn't help :frowning2: )
Some guys sounds deadly animal-serious. Instead they should relax and listen the music using perfect companion - Cayin N5MKII:ksc75smile:
Anyway:beerchug:

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,983 of 4,108
Anyways, I will say the firmware is buggy, but as others have said, give it time. I trust cayin is working hard to resolve these bugs, after all, they have a brand reputation to keep :wink:
I'm afraid, unfortunately, the brand reputation is already compromised :grimacing: Can you suggest why they launched the device without at least making sure it plays back smoothly first?

Some guys sounds deadly animal-serious. Instead they should relax and listen the music using perfect companion - Cayin N5MKII:ksc75smile:
Well this is exactly what I try to do but I can't, because every time I'm pre-nirvana this bugger stops playing! :tired_face: I went shopping tonight and it played without interruptions for almost an entire album before throwing out at least 4 interruptions in a row with +/-10 min intervals. How can one relax under such circumstances? :sweat_smile:

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #1,984 of 4,108
Well this is exactly what I try to do but I can't,
Please note: 5-6-7, may be, 8 owners of subject compalining (sometimes in very strange form - plastic jacks looks cheap for them, no facts, no pictures) in this thread. Player marketing during couple of months or so, and sold in quantities - thousands, may be tens of thousands (just my guess). So it seems lion share of users has good experience (already not guess, you can call it fact)

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #1,985 of 4,108
I use audio priority most of the time but admittedly it does freeze though its rare.

Hmm. I listen to mine mostly at work and turn it off before I put it in my bag at the end of the day. Do you leave yours on constantly? I’m just trying to narrow down behaviors to see if it may have an affect on performance, and am curious as to why different people have such wildly different (apparently) experiences with the same device.

All of my music is on a 128GB Samsung card in slot 1, only about 50GB worth, organized by artist/album and I typically play a single album as opposed to shuffling through, etc.

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #1,986 of 4,108
and am curious as to why different people have such wildly different (apparently) experiences with the same device.
I think people differ from each other by user experince. Some of them trying to switch track after track constantly some of them has wifi and BT on together and forever (just in case) some of them never care to update firmware. Kind of organization of collection (how files was transferred, what size of album pics used etc), quality of microsd card itself and much more.

Apr 1, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #1,987 of 4,108
@Andykong and @CayinSupport has been more active on the thread and replied almost every question at the beginning(the first weeks of the product release). But things have changed by time in the negative way.. In the last month, both of them have rarely answered customer questions. They are somehow very very silent. Most of the people are waiting for the next firmware update to see whether all these reported bugs are completely solved, or not.
@Andykong and @CayinSupport , would you please give an exact date for the next firmware update? As far as I remember, it was said to be at the end of March in one of your previous messages. Please correct me if I am wrong. We'd like to hear more about the actual development progress related with the issues from Cayin official support.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,988 of 4,108
I think people differ from each other by user experince. Some of them trying to switch track after track constantly some of them has wifi and BT on together and forever (just in case) some of them never care to update firmware. Kind of organization of collection (how files was transferred, what size of album pics used etc), quality of microsd card itself and much more.
I don't know what your issue is with people who are obviously having issues. There are 130 plus pages here of people with issues who are trying to get them resolved Street spending a lot of money on a device. I've had the unit since December and it's buggy and was clearly released too early. Some of the issues have now gone due to firmware updates but sone remain. Stop knocking people who are having problems and trying to find help.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,989 of 4,108
Hmm. I listen to mine mostly at work and turn it off before I put it in my bag at the end of the day. Do you leave yours on constantly? I’m just trying to narrow down behaviors to see if it may have an affect on performance, and am curious as to why different people have such wildly different (apparently) experiences with the same device.

All of my music is on a 128GB Samsung card in slot 1, only about 50GB worth, organized by artist/album and I typically play a single album as opposed to shuffling through, etc.
Have you downloaded any apps? I have Adobe reader, YouTube, Tidal, firefox, and the default 2 apps, Google play and es
file explorer.

Have your ever used the smart clean function? I use it frequently.

I use 2 microsd cards, 1 200gb 1 128gb at 70% and 50% capacity respectively.

I use folder browser most of the time and use playlists occasionally.

I always turn it off when I go to sleep but it's on throughout the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #1,990 of 4,108
Have you downloaded any apps? I have Adobe reader, YouTube, Tidal, firefox, and the default 2 apps, Google play and es
file explorer.

Have your ever used the smart clean function? I use it frequently.

I use 2 microsd cards, 1 200gb 1 128gb at 70% and 50% capacity respectively.

I use folder browser most of the time and use playlists occasionally.

I always turn it off when I go to sleep but it's on throughout the rest of the day.

Spotify, Chrome, and Speed Test in addition to the default Google Play and File Explorer apps. I use the smart clean function after I am through using Spotify/Chrome/etc.

Apr 1, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #1,991 of 4,108
There are 130 plus pages here of people with issues who are trying to get them resolved
You overstated a bit: 130 pages, not 130 men, not bugs reports only, impressions of owners, comparison with other DAPs etc. How many people complaning in this thread? Tell us please
You do not share important info about your player: firmware version, how many sdcards you use (brand and volume), how many files in your collection (type: flac mp3 hires), and usual modus operandi - your custom to use the player.
One more time: mine works without any problems

Apr 1, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #1,992 of 4,108
You overstated a bit: 130 pages, not 130 men, not bugs reports only, impressions of owners, comparison with other DAPs etc. How many people complaning in this thread? Tell us please
You do not share important info about your player: firmware version, how many sdcards you use (brand and volume), how many files in your collection (type: flac mp3 hires), and usual modus operandi - your custom to use the player.
Saying that yours work does not make the issues magically disappear. Especially since many of the issues Nestacres is complaining about (e.g. playback randomly pausing in the first 15 seconds) are issues whose existence Cayin acknowledged. You are right in that people should provide more information on their specific environment, but please stop denying issues exist and treating people who bring them up this way. You only look like a fanboy desperately defending the product - though I'm sure you are not.

As you wrote a few posts back: "opinion differ [sic] from yours does [sic] no harm." So stop it and let people bring up issues if they feel like it.

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,993 of 4,108
many of the issues Nestacres is complaining about (e.g. playback randomly pausing in the first 15 seconds) are issues whose existence Cayin acknowledged.
1. Link please to this acknowledgement.
2. Many of issues: above-mentioned and BT fail, as fa as I remember. Oh, no - plastic jacks yet. What else?
You are right in that people should provide more information on their specific environment,
You got the point - it is a key. But complaining persons tend to hide it. I do not know why.
You only look like a fanboy desperately defending the product - though I'm sure you are not.
I am not any way fanboy:smile_phones: I have proper experience of using portative audio gadgets - starting from Cowon J3 through Fiio and Hifiman to Cayin N5, and its sequel now. And as any persons in this thread and beyond I wish better experiences and enjoyment of sound no matter what anyone use it - subject or any other source.
BUT: complaining looks very annoying thing sometimes if user makes mistakes him/herself.

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,994 of 4,108
I can't decide whether you are a child who doesnt know why better or an idiot who just wants to antagonise people. For your info, I'm running 3.1, 128gb sandisk microsd card which is three quarters full with largely mp3 and a few flac files with bose qc35ii headphones. I have had several cowon, ibasso, iriver players in the past so i am fully aware how they work thank you. I have issues as i described in the technical forum where it was verified there was a Bluetooth issue by a few others and tested by someone. Putting this sd card into my htc u11 and same headphones i get seamless playback so it's not my equipment that's the problem, it's an issue with the n5ii, which i am trying to get resolved by posting on this forum. What i don't need is someone with no affiliation with Cayin constantly criticizing because yours works fine and thinks that anyone with an issue is making it up.

Apr 1, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #1,995 of 4,108
I can't decide whether you are a child who doesnt know why better or an idiot who just wants to antagonise people.
Speak for yourself please - "to antagonise people" :ksc75smile:
May be Cayin N5MKIII has BT issue, I hope they fixed this fault in nearest update.
I already told and could repeat one more time: BT problem is no showstopper for vast majority of owners and would be owners of subject. It is hires player, so not many of them use it.
I do not like insulting one-handed commentaries - :"buggy device, dump it, plastic jacks and so on". Device has natural detailed sound, and its nearest comptetitor (I think, HiBy R6) priced 25% dearer as minimum. Im really enjoyed it and wish you the same in the nearest future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back