Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Mar 29, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #1,921 of 4,108
I've seen some say Spotify is buggy but also some who don't have problems. I've tried it out for an hour (I don't normally do streaming) and it worked without a hitch. Battery went down considerably faster than usual but I think that's just me switching songs and keeping the display on most of the time (80% brightness)

That's cool, but I'll be mostly using the offline mode. Not using the Wifi much. Someone told me the song isn't that amazing using streaming apps compared to the native player :triportsad:

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #1,922 of 4,108
That's cool, but I'll be mostly using the offline mode. Not using the Wifi much. Someone told me the song isn't that amazing using streaming apps compared to the native player :triportsad:
That's to be expected, streamed songs are usually lower quality

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #1,923 of 4,108
General signature (warmer or brighter or more neutral), detail, instrument separation, sound stage, transient response, texture.
I'm just looking for a sonic comparison.

BTW the DX200 has only a single card slot?
The N5ii has an open and wide soundstage with a warm bass. The DX200 with standard AMP1 is colder sounding, more analytical and not the fun from the N5ii. The treble is much cleaner on the DX200 so that's a big difference. Then I bought de AMP3 and that's an N5ii on steroids. Everything is better and still very musical. For the money the N5ii is really great. Even the bass on de N5ii is well controlled. But the DX200 has the bigger sound, the bigger screen, most things are better except the price :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #1,924 of 4,108
No Fiio X5iii comparison?

Personally I'd like to see a DX200 comparison as it seems like a solid upgrade choice from the N5ii

It is...

From The Womb of New Worlds – A Review of the iBasso DX200

Cayin’s new N5ii ($369.99, Review HERE) is a solid mid-tier SABRE implementation. It has much of that DX200 sound, though everything is on a smaller scale. Soundstage is not as big. Detail and transparency fall short of iBasso’s glory. Depth and dimensionality are impressive as hell, but not quite on the same level. Sorry Cayin. Dynamics are strong. DX200 is stronger. Yet the disparity isn’t that huge; the N5ii holds up surprisingly well. If you don’t want to spend the better part of a grand, and maybe fancy a smaller device with a streamlined UI and 2x µSD, the Cayin N5ii is an awesome alternative.

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #1,925 of 4,108
How do lyrics need to be stored to show up on this DAP? I previously used Fiio players and a .lrc or .txt file named the same as the song file (just different file extension) worked. They were saved in the same folder as the song.

Also, is there a preferred format to set the section card to? Fat32, ntfs, etc?

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #1,926 of 4,108
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #1,927 of 4,108
Do you have similar issue with another APPs? How far was between the N5ii and your router when it crashed? Could you please reinstall Tidal to see what happens? What is the version of your current Tidal?

The only third part app I use is Tidal, always updated from Play Store. I was very close to my access point (2 mt) and the wifi signal is always very strong and stable.
Used Tidal other few times without the problems reported here some days ago.

I don't know what can it be.

Also the random stops continue, but there is no tipical situation that can help to explain why...

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #1,928 of 4,108
Interruptions are now constant part of my n5ii life and I'm getting seriously fed up, I've ordered r3 and if cayin doesn't sort it out I'll be selling it, tho r3 won't sound as good it'll be perfect for my outdoors

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #1,929 of 4,108
@CayinSupport it is almost the end of March which is told to be the expected date of the new firmware. Would you please share the exact/estimated date for the new firmware update in your schedule?

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,930 of 4,108
Interruptions are now constant part of my n5ii life and I'm getting seriously fed up, I've ordered r3 and if cayin doesn't sort it out I'll be selling it, tho r3 won't sound as good it'll be perfect for my outdoors
How often does this happen?

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #1,931 of 4,108
How often does this happen?
Every restart and few times after, two 200gb in, no daft files onboard, no idea why it keeps happening never had similar issues with any other dap

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #1,932 of 4,108
Every restart and few times after, two 200gb in, no daft files onboard, no idea why it keeps happening never had similar issues with any other dap
Have you tried clearing cache?

Once I also had very frequent freezing (once every one or 2 hours) and it went back to normal after I cleared cache.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,933 of 4,108
Have you tried clearing cache?

Once I also had very frequent freezing (once every one or 2 hours) and it went back to normal after I cleared cache.
How do you clear cache? can't find it, ive reset the device many times and smart cleaned it

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #1,935 of 4,108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back