Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #1,516 of 4,108
I bought a MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed (AFC). Based on all reviews the iFi micro iDSD Black Label should be a great match so I bought one. Yes, everything sounds bigger, fulller, but... I really missed the magic, so I went back to my N5ii. Extended highs, same space as iDSD with 3D button on, lows are cleaner. Gain at MdB. Great match! Now waiting for a balanced cable... :)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #1,517 of 4,108
sorry to ask the same question twice but I received my n5ii today and I'm going to give it a little time before I post any impressions but before I go out and spend money on a balanced cable I'd like to know if spotify works with the balanced out in 3.1en?

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #1,518 of 4,108
sorry to ask the same question twice but I received my n5ii today and I'm going to give it a little time before I post any impressions but before I go out and spend money on a balanced cable I'd like to know if spotify works with the balanced out in 3.1en?
I have the Cayin N5ii 3.1en working with a OPPO PM-3 with a balanced cable. Apps are working: Tidal, myTuner. I don't use Spotify but I don't see any reason why it's not working.

Feb 21, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,519 of 4,108
I have the Cayin N5ii 3.1en working with a OPPO PM-3 with a balanced cable. Apps are working: Tidal, myTuner. I don't use Spotify but I don't see any reason why it's not working.
Ok that’s good, if it works for one it should for the other. Someone else will know surely to comfirm.

Feb 21, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #1,520 of 4,108
Ok that’s good, if it works for one it should for the other. Someone else will know surely to comfirm.
I don't know what your budget is, but soundwise I really like the pure silver cables from www.lavricables.com. I have one for my OPPO PM-3 and I ordered a second one for my MrSpeakers AFC. They need to burn in but they are really transparant sounding without any harshness. Beter instrument separation too.

Feb 21, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,522 of 4,108
I don't know what your budget is, but soundwise I really like the pure silver cables from www.lavricables.com. I have one for my OPPO PM-3 and I ordered a second one for my MrSpeakers AFC. They need to burn in but they are really transparant sounding without any harshness. Beter instrument separation too.
I was recommended to get an OFC cable for my HD540 reference ii. The mogami cables were praised the most to soften the upper frequencies and smooth out the vocals.

Now I don’t have any experience with cable upgrades so I don’t care for the big debate other than to say I’ll be purchasing a balanced cable for them anyway so I may aswell try out something nicer than the stock cable, but nothing wildy expensive.

I had my eye on this https://mega.nz/#F!kzQn3YqC!plKImJfsQnAgBOLZnMlQsQ

because all the mogami cables seem to be delivered from USA and I’m in EU so being caught by tax wouldn’t be nice.

I’m in the middle ground of buying a ‘nice’ cable but not wanting to risk too much money incase I don’t here a difference or it doesn’t help my particular HF.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #1,523 of 4,108
I was recommended to get an OFC cable for my HD540 reference ii. The mogami cables were praised the most to soften the upper frequencies and smooth out the vocals.

Now I don’t have any experience with cable upgrades so I don’t care for the big debate other than to say I’ll be purchasing a balanced cable for them anyway so I may aswell try out something nicer than the stock cable, but nothing wildy expensive.

I had my eye on this https://mega.nz/#F!kzQn3YqC!plKImJfsQnAgBOLZnMlQsQ

because all the mogami cables seem to be delivered from USA and I’m in EU so being caught by tax wouldn’t be nice.

I’m in the middle ground of buying a ‘nice’ cable but not wanting to risk too much money incase I don’t here a difference or it doesn’t help my particular HF.
I am in EU too. Maybe you can ask https://customcans.co.uk for a price.

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #1,526 of 4,108
Howdy all, I just got my hands on my N5ii and good god does it lay a beating on my xDuoo X10 (which is to be expected). I do have one question, do y'all's volume knobs click? There are no physical notches in the knob's travel, but it makes a clicking sound inside the unit as it is turned. Sounds a little odd for something somebody actually intended, is this normal?

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #1,528 of 4,108
Howdy all, I just got my hands on my N5ii and good god does it lay a beating on my xDuoo X10 (which is to be expected). I do have one question, do y'all's volume knobs click? There are no physical notches in the knob's travel, but it makes a clicking sound inside the unit as it is turned. Sounds a little odd for something somebody actually intended, is this normal?
No clicks here, just music :L3000:

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #1,530 of 4,108
No clicks here, just music :L3000:

Hmmm, that's disappointing. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything, but kindof annoying on a basically $400 player. I guess I'll see how the next few days go. Otherwise the build feels ROCK SOLID and the sound is immediately engaging and impressive, even compared to my Modi 2>Asgard 2 desktop rig. Currently playing The Goat Rodeo Sessions on the T20RP MkIII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back