Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Nov 29, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #2,521 of 2,546
N5 has no OTG, so there is no way for Dragonfly to get the signal from N5 for via USB.
And other option, like coax is not available for Dragonfly.
So i do not see how it could be compatible, and i am not sure it is ever possible.
Thanks! That was my guess, but didn't want to mislead him!

Dec 26, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #2,522 of 2,546
Hey @Andykong, wondering if you could help me with this since you're the Cayin representative in this thread.

I've had an N5 for a little over three months now, bought off a Head-Fi member with a Dignus case thrown in. It's a fantastic player, and I don't have any issues with it that need to be brought to your attention, except for the fact that I somehow managed to scratch the screen last week. I didn't have the screen protector on, which is my fault really, as I've had a good run of avoiding damage with the protector off and the player stored in its case.

The scratch seems to have grown a little since I last used the player, and while it's not something that is really bothering me as such, I wanted to know if it's possible to get the N5 screen replaced if it should become necessary to do so. It's not cracked, so not interfering with the display, but if I start seeing dead pixels etc. I'd probably have to send it in for repair. Do Cayin offer screen repair/replacement service?

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,523 of 2,546
Hey @Andykong, wondering if you could help me with this since you're the Cayin representative in this thread.

I've had an N5 for a little over three months now, bought off a Head-Fi member with a Dignus case thrown in. It's a fantastic player, and I don't have any issues with it that need to be brought to your attention, except for the fact that I somehow managed to scratch the screen last week. I didn't have the screen protector on, which is my fault really, as I've had a good run of avoiding damage with the protector off and the player stored in its case.

The scratch seems to have grown a little since I last used the player, and while it's not something that is really bothering me as such, I wanted to know if it's possible to get the N5 screen replaced if it should become necessary to do so. It's not cracked, so not interfering with the display, but if I start seeing dead pixels etc. I'd probably have to send it in for repair. Do Cayin offer screen repair/replacement service?

We can offer screen replacement service, you can contact service@cayin.cn when you need to do that. You have to send the DAP to us for the replacement job.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 29, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #2,524 of 2,546
We can offer screen replacement service, you can contact service@cayin.cn when you need to do that. You have to send the DAP to us for the replacement job.

Good to know :) Thank you - scratched screen or not I hope I have it for a long time to come, it's a brilliant player.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #2,526 of 2,546

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #2,527 of 2,546
Hi, my n5 started having problems today
When i try to shut it down, it will either boot up again as soon as it says come back soon or it is unable to boot up again i have to force reset it with a pin to boot it up again. Is there any fix for this? Will try to reupdate firmware if i can when i get back home
But it doesnt seem like its possible to even get to the update page at this rate

yup got back and tried to update firmware from 2.0 to 3.0 but it won't allow me to as it auto boots back up, unable to get into firmware update
if i hold back + power button, it will just turn off and become not responding, have to either reset it with a pin or plug in a cable

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #2,528 of 2,546
Hi, my n5 started having problems today
When i try to shut it down, it will either boot up again as soon as it says come back soon or it is unable to boot up again i have to force reset it with a pin to boot it up again. Is there any fix for this? Will try to reupdate firmware if i can when i get back home
But it doesnt seem like its possible to even get to the update page at this rate

yup got back and tried to update firmware from 2.0 to 3.0 but it won't allow me to as it auto boots back up, unable to get into firmware update
if i hold back + power button, it will just turn off and become not responding, have to either reset it with a pin or plug in a cable

Looks like you have developed bad contact with the Power on/off button because all the description suggested the On/Off function is not responding to the user control correctly. If this is the case, it is a hardware problem instead of software problem. I suggest you consult your local dealer, ask them to check it out for you, you might need a factory service to correct that.

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #2,530 of 2,546
Hi Everyone,

I've had my N5 for exactly 2 years now. There are some things I enjoy about it and some things that I do not, but I still have it because I'm reluctant to change players. I have no such qualms about changing headphones though, and have used a variety of different headphones with this player. I'm awful at describing these things, but I have had some strong preferences. I have enjoyed the player the most with these: Final E2000, Grado SR225, Periodic Audio Beryllium. I've tried my Senn HD 650 and TH-X00 with the N5, and although I love these with my Schiit stack I do not love them with the N5. I liked using Monk Espresso balanced with N5, so I tried Shozy Stardust BK balanced and was disappointed. Initially I used Beyerdynamic T51-p and wanted to like the pairing but it really just didn't work out.

So my question is, has anyone used/is using the N5 with Campfire Audio IEM's? I'm specifically thinking about trying the Jupiter, so I'd be interested in anyone's experience using N5 with Jupiter or Andromeda.

thanks!

Aug 19, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #2,532 of 2,546
I figured Andromeda/Jupiter would need the iEMatch from iFi or similar to tame the hiss.

Dunu Falcon-C look cool but having just bought the Periodic Audio Be, it seems more of a side-grade.

I'd still love to hear from anyone who's used the N5 with Andromeda/Jupiter and liked/disliked the pairing.

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #2,534 of 2,546
Hi All,

Would anyone happen to know if the N5 will accept 400gb micro cards? I want to upgrade the two 128gb cards I'm using and wonder if I can go beyond 2 x 256gb cards.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #2,535 of 2,546
Andromeda will hiss with N5 100%, iFi IEMatch will help. From sound signature perspective, warm sounding N5 works pretty well with Andromeda.

If you like Final E2000, why not consider E5000? The E5000 is a decent upgrade to E2000 and the only catch is the E5000 requires a lot of power to drive it satisfactory, but N5 balanced should handle it alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back