Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Dec 13, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #1,126 of 2,546
Remember to update the firmware. The sound and functionality only get better when you do.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,127 of 2,546
I have like 5 songs that doesn't play on the N5.  When it gets to that song, the player doesn't play any music at all even when I select the next track.  

Those same 5 songs plays fine on my CPU or phone so I know the file is okay.  I can't figure out why it won't play on the N5.

I can fix this issue by deleting the 5 songs but would prefer not to do that.

Any recommendations on how to fix this issue?

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #1,128 of 2,546
I have like 5 songs that doesn't play on the N5.  When it gets to that song, the player doesn't play any music at all even when I select the next track.  

Those same 5 songs plays fine on my CPU or phone so I know the file is okay.  I can't figure out why it won't play on the N5.

I can fix this issue by deleting the 5 songs but would prefer not to do that.

Any recommendations on how to fix this issue?

May I know what is the coding format of the files? AAC? APE? FLAC? Bit length (24bits)? Sampling (96kHz)?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 14, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,131 of 2,546
48k hz,  16 bit,  928 kbps   FLAC

I went back to see what all 5 songs had in common.  They are all 48khz.

Have tested 44.1kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz with FLAC previously, but I cannot recall if I have tested 48kHz.

I have PM you my email address, send me one of your file and I'll follow up with the problem immediately.

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,132 of 2,546
Postman brought me a package today :)
N5 is here. Strangely, to me it's a thing of beauty ( in a sort of industrial way ) !
Sounds great with m100's, haven't tried it with anything else yet. As soon as I heard the first few bars of music I started smiling like some kinda idiot :atsmile: I still haven't stopped grinning after 4 hours straight! I'm looking forward to loosing myself in the music for a few more hours yet.
It will be interesting to see how the sound changes with burn in.....

Can't wait to see the synergy with my other gear, but for now m100's + n5 = :atsmile:

Well Andy it's reached me! It took a while to get here but it was definitely worth the wait. Absolutely gorgeous looking beast ! ! Best sounding dap in my collection so far. :atsmile:

Just tried it with my K702's on high gain it sounds amazing !

It don't sound too shabby through my Vali with the 702's either :)

Glad you like the N5, your feedback is the biggest reason for us to move on. How about the N5 leather case? Did they arrive at the same time?

The M100 has very good bass at its price point, and N5 is also well-known for its slightly bass-tiled sound signature, I am imagine the paring will be a gem to pop lovers.

The latest version of M100 can switch to a balanced mode when appropriate headphone is in place, if your headphone is one of the latest version, please try the 2.5mm cable with N5, maybe you'll like them better!

The 702 is not an easy can to DAP, please your experience of this combo with fellow N5 followers, I for one am very interested to find out more about this pairing. Will it sound thin? Able to control the can at complex passage?

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #1,133 of 2,546
Hi Andy, I'll try over the next few days to get some time in with the N5/702 combo and get back to you. Trouble is work, kids and xmas might limit my time a bit! But I will have a go anyway. Obviously I'm still burning it in but I think you've got a bit of a gem of a player in the N5, and I hope more people in the UK and Europe get to see / hear it because you certainly get a lot of "Bang for your Bucks"

Steve :D

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #1,134 of 2,546
Hi Andy, I'll try over the next few days to get some time in with the N5/702 combo and get back to you. Trouble is work, kids and xmas might limit my time a bit! But I will have a go anyway. Obviously I'm still burning it in but I think you've got a bit of a gem of a player in the N5, and I hope more people in the UK and Europe get to see / hear it because you certainly get a lot of "Bang for your Bucks"

Steve :D

Great, that should be a very interesting combo and will provide some insight for N5 users who want to use headphone instead of IEM. :beerchug: :beerchug:

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,135 of 2,546
Have confirmed that N5 should not have any problem with decoding 48kHz FLAC, so the problem probably is related to something else, please check email for further followup questions.

Hope we can solve the issue promptly.

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,136 of 2,546
48k hz,  16 bit,  928 kbps   FLAC

Not sure if this matters or not, but I've never seen a 16/48 FLAC. I've always seen 24/48. Could be the different bit rate causing the issue. Again, I have no idea if this matters or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,137 of 2,546
Have confirmed that N5 should not have any problem with decoding 48kHz FLAC, so the problem probably is related to something else, please check email for further followup questions.

Hope we can solve the issue promptly.

Hi,

I just received my N5 but it has a serious issue. The Windows driver doesn't work at all on Windows 10..."installation failed" (well connected in DAC mode). It's really a bad thing. Cause I choosed the N5's also cause it has USB DAC function...

Anything planned to fix it?

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,138 of 2,546
Turn off the Windows user account restrictions and try installing again.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #1,139 of 2,546
Not sure if this matters or not, but I've never seen a 16/48 FLAC. I've always seen 24/48. Could be the different bit rate causing the issue. Again, I have no idea if this matters or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

I have received a sample file from Andy and I can play the file with N5 alright, so I guess the problem lies somewhere else, will try to resolve the issue with Andy.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,140 of 2,546
Hi,

I just received my N5 but it has a serious issue. The Windows driver doesn't work at all on Windows 10..."installation failed" (well connected in DAC mode). It's really a bad thing. Cause I choosed the N5's also cause it has USB DAC function...

Anything planned to fix it?

Don't worry, N5 woks with Windows 10 alright.

Microsoft has stepped up the security measurements with third party drivers installation since Window 8, Google "disable Driver Signature Enforcement/Verification" and you should find a lot of explanation and instructions to overcome the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back