Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Sep 21, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #991 of 2,518
I believe because the Xmos chip only works with usb out. Just use a regular USB C OTG cable, no big deal. I'm assuming you're trying to feed it to use the tube modes. I don’t know why anyone would use this as a transport.

As I wrote earlier on, It Is Just because I own a proprietary cable from Cayin that did wonders on other devices. Since the implementation of USB C to coax was an "historical" feature from them, I expected to be more interesting than that. I use the same cable with the xduoo XT II and It goes up to every frequency.

It Is to me interesting in order to be able to use i.e. Mojo when feeding High impedence cans, and I hoped this way to simplify my rig, getting rid of the xduoo. At the same time Mojo Is known to have a less than perfect USB implementation, hence the Need for classical coax. Hope the scenario Is more clear now.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #995 of 2,518
does anyone know if the N3Pro can be used as a Bluetooth dac?
Yes it can. I pair my N3 Pro with my iPhone 8 Plus and stream Tidal over AAC / Bluetooth, with very good results - better than I was expecting.

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #996 of 2,518
Yes it can. I pair my N3 Pro with my iPhone 8 Plus and stream Tidal over AAC / Bluetooth, with very good results - better than I was expecting.

And you can use it up to UAT Bluetooth codec with HibyMusic on Galaxy smartphones.

cayin_n3pro-x10.jpg

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #999 of 2,518
I would like a comparison with the DX229 please.

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #1,000 of 2,518
Think I figured it out – HiByLink has to be switched off before it can pair 🤦‍♂️

Haven't used HibyLink in ages, but I recall it being like a remote touch-screen control for your DAP, nothing more or less.

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #1,002 of 2,518
Do you consider this DAP warm sounding?

Ps. For whom that might be on the fence and/or looking for a Quick ship, I put mine on sell (see signature).

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #1,003 of 2,518
Hi Andy,

No it is not the case. In my tests, I literally have the folders named “L1”, “L2”, “L3” etc... The issue doesn’t occur when I reduced the number of levels from 5 to 4.

I can keep the number of levels at 4 and have longer names for the folders and it’s fine.

Strange, I have created a folder with 5 levels, and it works find with my N3Pro.

I need more sample on this potential bug. Can someone give me a hand? If you have four or five level folders in your music library, can you please try out hemtmaker's sequence and tell us whether you run into any problem. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 21, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #1,004 of 2,518
I cannot find any manuals online for this, i wanted to look at the UI for the music player software and in particular if it supported replay gain or crossfeed?

d

Our N3Pro product page has some UI screens displayed.

N3Pro-3_05.jpg

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #1,005 of 2,518
I found on thing I personally don't like. I lost 10% of the battery life last night with the unit off. I don’t think I've had any potable electronics discharge that much battery overnight. Especially with the unit off.

I hope cayin can improve this. Also would be nice if they could smooth the album art loading on the ui also. Sometimes mine doesn't load or it partially loads and I have to go back to artist and load it again to get all the albums to load artwork.

The hiby r3p uses the same processor and is much faster in that regard. Not as big of a deal as the battery discharge rate.

Did your N3pro lost 10% battery overnight ? Or just one-off? When did you start using the N3Pro?

The battery reading is an estimation of battery capacity based on historical data. It can be a wrong reading before you finish your first charging cycle. If your N3Pro really lost 10% every night, that means some of the power capacitor is not working correctly and lost it charge gradually at idle, this is a hardware problem that need immediate attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back