Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Sep 18, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #961 of 2,518
In USA we build car stereo systems and home audio systems. We tend to listen with friends or for my neighbors to hear.

My neighbors hear my guitar playing :wink: but I don't share their tastes in music. But there was a time when stores actually had quite a few portable cds, mini disc players , and mp3 players to check out. Then ipods, and then cell phones took over. People don’t 'rock out' near as much as they used too.

When I was a teen I had a Marantz setup, my one friend had a Pioneer rack setup and my other friend had a huge Technics setup. Amp/preamp/tuner and of course huge speakers. Practically everyone I knew had a sweet audio system and you cranked it up!

Sorry for reminiscing, that was in the 70's and as a 15 year old it was very important to have a system that 'rocked out' at least a high powered receiver and some huge tower speakers :) Today most people I know have a sound bar and some satellite speakers- not the monstrous setups we had.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #962 of 2,518
It seems some units come with the film nicely applied. I would have just kept mine on if it was, but the corners were already peeling off out of the box so I replaced it with the one included.

Same here. The corners were peeling off when I unboxed it. So I removed it. I am not using any protective films on my gears anyway, mobile phone, tablets...... :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #963 of 2,518
Same here. The corners were peeling off when I unboxed it. So I removed it. I am not using any protective films on my gears anyway, mobile phone, tablets...... :ksc75smile:

I don’t use the protectors on my daps either, just real careful about using them.

Sep 19, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #964 of 2,518
It seems some units come with the film nicely applied. I would have just kept mine on if it was, but the corners were already peeling off out of the box so I replaced it with the one included.

Mine doesn’t peel at the edges/corners but I can see the pre-applied film is not very good quality.

No other issues beside the film so far. Nice small DAP with great sound for the price.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #966 of 2,518
Been using the N3Pro for the past week. Solidly built, simple and easy-to-use interface (though the album-loading lag can be annoying) and most importantly great sound, especially in UL tube mode. So far so good... until the time came to sync existing playlists on my mac. Is there a way to do this? Manually recreating playlists on the N3Pro would be too time consuming and it doesn't seem possible to rearrange tracks once they're added into the playlist.

Sep 19, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #967 of 2,518
I removed the protective film as well when I noticed some scratches... feels better in touch without the film :)

Sep 19, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #969 of 2,518
I removed the protective film as well when I noticed some scratches... feels better in touch without the film :)

The same here, stock pre-installed screen protector felt a bit plasticy to the touch and I peeled it off and using without it. I prefer the solid feel of the glass touch display.

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #970 of 2,518
The same here, stock pre-installed screen protector felt a bit plasticy to the touch and I peeled it off and using without it. I prefer the solid feel of the glass touch display.
You guys are living on the edge! Real adrenaline junkies!!! :wink:
Still waiting for mine, and honestly - if it looks bad or feel plasticy, I will probably join the adrenaline-junkie no-screen-protector club.

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #972 of 2,518
You guys are living on the edge! Real adrenaline junkies!!! :wink:
Still waiting for mine, and honestly - if it looks bad or feel plasticy, I will probably join the adrenaline-junkie no-screen-protector club.

It's like saran/cling wrap, it's like the stuff that's meant to be peeled off. I think my R5 had something similar on it. Anyways it's better to take it off. I never use screen protectors anyways, but I'm sure eventually some nice tempered glass ones will be availible soon- ish.

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #974 of 2,518
I am puzzled: using proprietary Cayin USB C to coax cable, I nave different results that suggests N3P Is somewhat limited in sample frequency...

Same Song in DSD, light purple light on Mojo from Xduoo X10T, and Orange light from N3P... This means a drop from 768 to 48.…. What am I missing here?!

Somebody has and idea over this matter? Tnx

I maybe found some Infos

USB Audio out
Connector: USB-C
PCM:up to 32Bit/768kHz;
DSD : Up to DSD512(Native),DSD256(DoP),PCM 88.2kHz(DoP)

S/PDIF , Coaxial
Connector : USB-C(75ohm)
PCM:up to 192kHz
DSD:up to DSD64(DoP)

But why this gap between output then?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back