Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Aug 21, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #481 of 2,518
This is well put. :beerchug:

By the way, assuming you have 30,000 songs in your "portable" music library, that's roughly 2000 albums? the album page of portable DAP normally display 9 album arts per page, so to scroll through the music library, you need to go through 125 pages of album art? Is this an efficiency way to navigate your portable music library?

With home music server we can use 10" tablet for navigation, and I can squeeze around 30 album art per page on Jriver, but to do that on a 4" - 5" portable device? I have to agree with @seanwee, folder view is the way to go. I have a 512GB TF card with over 8000 songs and I used in on N6ii and N3pro, I always locate songs or album faster then going through the library features, even though 8000 songs are well within the limit of N3Pro.
4500 LPs , 5,000 CDS = ?

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #482 of 2,518
I carry my entire library with me which totals to about 23000 songs last i checked. Sure I don't listen to all of them but having the ability to just pick any song in my library on a whim is nice.

What really bloats up my song collection is well, its a collection, and i ain't about to delete songs that i dont like in an album.

Yes, I am an album man, so I won't delete a song from an album, and more then 50% of my listening are album based, so I always want to keep an album intact. But I have the complete library on my NAS and a standalone 6TB hard disk, simply can't put my entire collection on portable device.

On the other hand, what bloats up my song numbers "slightly" is playlist type folder. I have 5-6 playlists but instead of creating M3U playlist, I duplicate these songs into seperate folders. I keep adding new songs and remove songs from these folders freely. I find this easier then work with M3U playlist. Can't do that 2 years ago when storage in TF card are still very limited. with 512GB become affordable and 1TG is .... available, I can afford to trade storage for convenient.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 21, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #483 of 2,518
4500 LPs , 5,000 CDS = ?

That's why I like the explanation from @unifutomaki, when you have a decent music library, you have to differentiate between music server and portable music collection.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 21, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #485 of 2,518
looks good
but no spotify or tidal support....

Correct. We’ve been over this many many times in this thread. This is a dedicated local storage player, with a focus on playing those files.

Aug 21, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #486 of 2,518
looks good
Or rather: flawless support of Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc. from your phone, updated to the latest Android, and transmission to this good-looking DAP via high-res wireless or USB.
That way no behind-the-curve software support.

Even my SD card is going to stay in my phone...

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #487 of 2,518
looks good
FB_IMG_1597901868894.jpg

Aug 21, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #490 of 2,518
..., though I'm not aware of any Android DAPs with tubes, unless you use portable tube amp with android dap.
What about DX220 + Amp 9?

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #493 of 2,518
Working hard on preparing the English material, please stay tuned. :beerchug:

Hi, couldn't get through all of this thread from mobile so I Hope It Is not an already known question: when do you Plan to have It available in EU?

Cheers!

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #494 of 2,518
Hi, couldn't get through all of this thread from mobile so I Hope It Is not an already known question: when do you Plan to have It available in EU?

Cheers!
Mid-September.

This is what my seller forwarded me:
“Concerning the N3Pro sorry to tell you it can only be delivered early Sep. Just now we finished our first batch of production of N3Pro. In order to check the quality and reliability we decided to sell first in Chinese market. As for the first batch all have been sold out in Chinese market. As for international market including you we will send you the second batch which will be available in early Sep. Please kindly note.
Best regards,
By Cayin Audio”

Echoes what has been said here by Andy.

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #495 of 2,518
Hahaha - depends what you’re looking for I guess, CD has more dynamic range and less noise - but that doesn’t always mean “better”

also when I put my turntable in my backpack when I go out walking my LPs get scratched
I know this is off topic but what really annoyed me about CDs when they were first introduced was all that rubbish about how they were virtually indestructible. You could go and rub them on the road outside and they'd still work perfectly etc. It turned out that nothing could have been further from the truth - the biggest load of marketing lies I've ever heard in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back