Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Feb 12, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #2,807 of 2,940
IMG_1961.jpeg
IMG_1963.jpeg
IMG_1962.jpeg
Another dadrock classic… Listening at 31/100 volume, I am enjoying the lower volumes lately, maybe because I have more resolving IEMs…

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #2,808 of 2,940
Got the butt plugs today, money well spent!

EDIT: look very similar to the buttons

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0794.jpeg
    IMG_0794.jpeg
    817.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 40AAC1FB-2F7D-41BA-9A84-E6EE167B73E8.jpeg
    40AAC1FB-2F7D-41BA-9A84-E6EE167B73E8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #2,809 of 2,940
TPU case is really nice, edge navigation is way easier...

But it doesn't protect the edge from scratched or scuffs was my gripe and why I don't use it.

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #2,810 of 2,940
But it doesn't protect the edge from scratched or scuffs was my gripe and why I don't use it.
Not sure what you mean. Protects it from all sides. Not much can force me to put the stock case back on..

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #2,811 of 2,940
Not sure what you mean. Protects it from all sides. Not much can force me to put the stock case back on..

It doesn't wrap around the front and leaves it exposed. I had it on, but was worried the front would get damaged.

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #2,812 of 2,940
I’d be more concerned of the rear getting scratched with the original badly fitting case than the alternative clear one that really fits fine on mine. There should never be a situation where the face is being hit against anything compared to the rear. I just wish I had a case supplied that fitted well and didn’t look so poor.

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #2,813 of 2,940
Feb 22, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #2,814 of 2,940
nice plugs but... what is their use ?

To cover up LO ports in style so you don't accidentally plug in your IEMs, especially when you are switching between Cayin and Hiby daps which have their ports flipped :D

Feb 22, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #2,815 of 2,940
I’d be more concerned of the rear getting scratched with the original badly fitting case than the alternative clear one that really fits fine on mine. There should never be a situation where the face is being hit against anything compared to the rear. I just wish I had a case supplied that fitted well and didn’t look so poor.
@Andykong what if anything is done to rectify the situation for people with poorly fitting OG leather cases? I reported this to my dealer- nothing but radio silence since.

Other than that issue has been referred to Cayin..

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #2,816 of 2,940
Anyone having fit issues with the stock case? Mine doesn’t seem to have been made to measure and I’ve had the DAP almost slide out twice now.

Have tried to resolve this through my dealer but Cayin don’t seem to bothered..unacceptable for a product at this price point.
Yea I love the DAP but super disappointed in the case. It doesn’t close correctly and my screen is wonky when viewing. I’ve tried to massage it into place but you physically can’t push it anymore as it’s touching the other side at the top. It doesn’t look great and it certainly bugs the hell out of me when viewing music with a screen that’s off centre.
Are there no other options for this regarding cases from Cayin?
I showed my friend today and it’s the first thing he spotted and mentioned…
Received the silicone case today- pretty happy with the reduced bulk.
@Andykong I would still like to know if the above is a defect or something that falls within Cayin's expectations.

I contacted my dealer, who didn't get much input from Cayin.
I am not going to bother if they are all like this. If it is a defect, I would be expecting a replacement. Any clarification on this matter would be most welcome.
@Andykong what if anything is done to rectify the situation for people with poorly fitting OG leather cases? I reported this to my dealer- nothing but radio silence since.

Other than that issue has been referred to Cayin..

If the case is defective, Cayin will replace it, we have spares in our factory and we can't use them for other purposes.

I have mentioned this repeatedly, I am doing my best to help HeadFiers and Cayin users understand Cayin products, solve their technical problems, know the limitations/constraints, or even steer them away from products that don't meet their requirements or preferences. My hands are full when I am handling a dozen CURRENT products concurrently and preparing 4 new products that we have announced before the Chinese New Year break. Unfortunately, I am terribly inefficient when dealing with warranty and after-sales service support, I'll become the bottleneck of the whole system. Please contact your dealer when you need any warranty, replacement, repair, or any form of after-sale support, they are always your first point of contact on these issues, not the HeadFi forum. Alternatively, you can drop an email to service@cayin.cn as stated on the Cayin website.

For the record, Cayin was closed for the New Year/Spring break from 4th February to 18th February, which probably explains why you or your dealer haven't received any feedback from Cayin in the past 2-3 weeks. I have stayed active for 3 more days until the 6th to make sure all parties are good before I start my break. We are getting back on track in the past 2-3 days and I have read through all the Cayin threads already. In these particular cases, I have screen-captured the related complaints on HeadFi and forwarded them to the service team, please drop them an email if you want to bring your issue to Cayin directly.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 23, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #2,817 of 2,940
It doesn't wrap around the front and leaves it exposed. I had it on, but was worried the front would get damaged.
Our first TPU case prototype did exactly that, warping around all sides to offer maximum protection, we found it very difficult to get the DAP into or out of the case. We changed the design to make it more "operationable".

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 23, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #2,818 of 2,940
To cover up LO ports in style so you don't accidentally plug in your IEMs, especially when you are switching between Cayin and Hiby daps which have their ports flipped :D
I can attest to that having both Hiby and Cayin DAPs, it's risky without them :p

@bmichels It also prevents anything to go into those ports... usually doesn't happen but you never know. I don't like the idea of dust accumulating there or external small object. N30 is too valuable to take any risk. Even more so with your AP.

Those plugs are stylish too :)

Feb 23, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #2,819 of 2,940
Oh I forgot...

N30 is now such an important part of my audiophile life that I couldn't see myself without it... it's simply the best portable source I have ever heard, period.
And it's not even close with the competition IMHO...

The level of emotion and engagement in the music I am getting is just stellar ❤️‍🔥...
Do I dare say "endgame"?
At least for a good while I don't see anything topping this...

You could say "oh my, nice words and strong statement" for sure.
But let me back that up : I ordered a second (re-biased) unit :speak_no_evil:, yes, you read that correctly 🙈 (and yes, I am insane... :ksc75smile: )

That process started when my OG unit (one of the very first ones) has started exhibiting the feared hissing problem and now I have to return it for rebias :sob: and this happened quite late in time so not eligible to a replacement unit... When I realized I would have to part with the unit for a few weeks I just couldn't... debated just sitting on this and forget Sharona in Hypermode or Class A but it's in my top 3 favorite CIEMs. Couldn't do that either... thus the second unit. Really hesitated there, as this is quite a chunk of money...but aside from being without the unit for a few weeks what if something happens to it during the shipping back and forth started nagging at me. Then I made the decision... I can't live without N30.

So in the end we'll see what I decide to do when the OG unit comes back re-biased : keep it to have an indecent luxurious spare (yeah, it's that good) or maybe make someone happy here with a great opportunity...

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #2,820 of 2,940
Oh I forgot...

N30 is now such an important part of my audiophile life that I couldn't see myself without it... it's simply the best portable source I have ever heard, period.
And it's not even close with the competition IMHO...

The level of emotion and engagement in the music I am getting is just stellar ❤️‍🔥...
Do I dare say "endgame"?
At least for a good while I don't see anything topping this...

You could say "oh my, nice words and strong statement" for sure.
But let me back that up : I ordered a second (re-biased) unit :speak_no_evil:, yes, you read that correctly :hear_no_evil: (and yes, I am insane... :ksc75smile: )

That process started when my OG unit (one of the very first ones) has started exhibiting the feared hissing problem and now I have to return it for rebias :sob: and this happened quite late in time so not eligible to a replacement unit... When I realized I would have to part with the unit for a few weeks I just couldn't... debated just sitting on this and forget Sharona in Hypermode or Class A but it's my favorite 3 CIEMs. Couldn't do that either... thus the second unit. Really hesitated there, as this is quite a chunk of money...but aside from being without the unit for a few weeks what if something happens to it during the shipping back and forth started nagging at me. Then I made the decision... I can't live without N30.

So in the end we'll see what I decide to do when the OG unit comes back re-biased : keep it to have an indecent luxurious spare (yeah, it's that good) or maybe make someone happy here with a great opportunity...
Crazy guy :):) :) What are you going to do with that second unit when the first one comes back :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back