Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Feb 23, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #2,821 of 2,940
Crazy guy :):) :) What are you going to do with that second unit when the first one comes back :p
Well you have to own it when you go down the Rabbit Hole, don't you?

What I'll do with the 2nd unit : that's right there at the end of my post :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #2,822 of 2,940
Haha, fair enough! Missed that last bit!

The N30LE will truly be the GOAT once lossless Roon support arrives. I am hopeful this won’t be too far into the future, based on some movement I have been seeing from the Roon side of things.

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #2,823 of 2,940
Another dadrock classic… Listening at 31/100 volume, I am enjoying the lower volumes lately, maybe because I have more resolving IEMs…
As a low volume listener, I can attest to this : part of N30 magic is how dynamic range remains superb at lower volumes, this is a lesser discussed topic but generally if you want to enjoy excellent dynamic range you need to push it a bit on most DAPs. HyperMode at lower volumes makes this almost irrelevant (you do get better dynamics with a bit more volume but the gap is much narrower).

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #2,824 of 2,940
My feeling actually is that HyperMode sounds like DSP loudness being used for low volume listening originally.
While great to pump up otherwise flat sounding IEMs and headphones I've usually prefered P+ or even only P with other IEMs, headphones for normal listening volumes.
But anyway great to have that versatility

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #2,825 of 2,940
Oh I forgot...

N30 is now such an important part of my audiophile life that I couldn't see myself without it... it's simply the best portable source I have ever heard, period.
And it's not even close with the competition IMHO...

The level of emotion and engagement in the music I am getting is just stellar ❤️‍🔥...
Do I dare say "endgame"?
At least for a good while I don't see anything topping this...

You could say "oh my, nice words and strong statement" for sure.
But let me back that up : I ordered a second (re-biased) unit :speak_no_evil:, yes, you read that correctly 🙈 (and yes, I am insane... :ksc75smile: )

That process started when my OG unit (one of the very first ones) has started exhibiting the feared hissing problem and now I have to return it for rebias :sob: and this happened quite late in time so not eligible to a replacement unit... When I realized I would have to part with the unit for a few weeks I just couldn't... debated just sitting on this and forget Sharona in Hypermode or Class A but it's my favorite 3 CIEMs. Couldn't do that either... thus the second unit. Really hesitated there, as this is quite a chunk of money...but aside from being without the unit for a few weeks what if something happens to it during the shipping back and forth started nagging at me. Then I made the decision... I can't live without N30.

So in the end we'll see what I decide to do when the OG unit comes back re-biased : keep it to have an indecent luxurious spare (yeah, it's that good) or maybe make someone happy here with a great opportunity...
That's an underlined statement!

What will happen to the 2nd unit?
You will keep it until the next big love comes, then both can go together.

Ps: is it still available somewhere?

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #2,826 of 2,940
Guys. I just paired my N30AP with the ibasso Pb5 in PRE mode. It just sounds perfect, but I asked myself, what happened here from a technical perspective. Which parts of the N30 do I still use (DAC and ?) and which not?
I’m thinking about downgrading from the AP version to the normal N30 because I do not have the AP IEM and the basic unit also sounds very good. But this match leaves me a little bit speechless.

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #2,827 of 2,940
Guys. I just paired my N30AP with the ibasso Pb5 in PRE mode. It just sounds perfect, but I asked myself, what happened here from a technical perspective. Which parts of the N30 do I still use (DAC and ?) and which not?
I’m thinking about downgrading from the AP version to the normal N30 because I do not have the AP IEM and the basic unit also sounds very good. But this match leaves me a little bit speechless.

From what I understand – DAC and triple-timbre

Gen3 Nutube 6P1 vacuum tube circuit: Tri-Timber applicable to all analog outputs

All analog outputs include PO (Phone output), LO (Line out), and Pre (Preamplifier). Whether it is power amplification or voltage level amplification, and includes both single-ended and balanced outputs. In previous Cayin products, vacuum tube timbre could only be achieved through PO output. N30LE is the first DAP that allows us to use Nutube audio circuits across all analog outputs. For users who use N30LE as an analog front-end, this means they can choose different timbre based on music genre and connecting equipment, to better match and reproduce the original sound.

Cayin_N30LE_DAP_Specification_Preamp_out.jpg
Cayin_N30LE_DAP_Specification_Line_Out.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #2,828 of 2,940

This should explain the Pre Out and Line Out function properly.

1708743485445.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 23, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #2,829 of 2,940
Oh I forgot...

N30 is now such an important part of my audiophile life that I couldn't see myself without it... it's simply the best portable source I have ever heard, period.
And it's not even close with the competition IMHO...

The level of emotion and engagement in the music I am getting is just stellar ❤️‍🔥...
Do I dare say "endgame"?
At least for a good while I don't see anything topping this...

You could say "oh my, nice words and strong statement" for sure.
But let me back that up : I ordered a second (re-biased) unit :speak_no_evil:, yes, you read that correctly 🙈 (and yes, I am insane... :ksc75smile: )

That process started when my OG unit (one of the very first ones) has started exhibiting the feared hissing problem and now I have to return it for rebias :sob: and this happened quite late in time so not eligible to a replacement unit... When I realized I would have to part with the unit for a few weeks I just couldn't... debated just sitting on this and forget Sharona in Hypermode or Class A but it's my favorite 3 CIEMs. Couldn't do that either... thus the second unit. Really hesitated there, as this is quite a chunk of money...but aside from being without the unit for a few weeks what if something happens to it during the shipping back and forth started nagging at me. Then I made the decision... I can't live without N30.

So in the end we'll see what I decide to do when the OG unit comes back re-biased : keep it to have an indecent luxurious spare (yeah, it's that good) or maybe make someone happy here with a great opportunity...

Speechless. Thank you. We couldn't have done it without long-term support from customers who appreciate our innovations and our sound signature/preference. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 24, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #2,830 of 2,940
My feeling actually is that HyperMode sounds like DSP loudness being used for low volume listening originally.
While great to pump up otherwise flat sounding IEMs and headphones I've usually prefered P+ or even only P with other IEMs, headphones for normal listening volumes.
But anyway great to have that versatility
Agree, I barely do noy use Hypermode anymore. Most of my listening is P+ & A/B

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #2,831 of 2,940
For a low volume listener like me Hypermode is just a treat and I hardly ever turn it off... pushing volume when hypermode is off doesn't provide the same experience (for me). But I'll do a bit more testing on that front.

Also I should receive my new re-biased unit on monday so before I ship the other back, it will be interesting to compare out of the box with several hundreds hours unit... see if it's only brain burn in or real one (probably a bit of both anyway).

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #2,832 of 2,940
For a low volume listener like me Hypermode is just a treat and I hardly ever turn it off... pushing volume when hypermode is off doesn't provide the same experience (for me). But I'll do a bit more testing on that front.

Also I should receive my new re-biased unit on monday so before I ship the other back, it will be interesting to compare out of the box with several hundreds hours unit... see if it's only brain burn in or real one (probably a bit of both anyway).
That is exactly what I wanted to ask: if you will be able to compare brand new and well burned in units.

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #2,833 of 2,940
Well, well, well- Amber Pearl now on its way to me. How quickly things escalated.

Gotta say I am rather excited!

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #2,834 of 2,940
Did you get the DAP or just the IEM? Good job. I bet it will be incredible.

Feb 25, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #2,835 of 2,940
Did you get the DAP or just the IEM? Good job. I bet it will be incredible.
The IEM- no interest in swapping my N30LE for the AP version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back