Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Aug 8, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #108 of 2,940
If you buy this you will need an equivalent priced IEM to get the best out of it.:)
Or a Meze Elite (or any other high sensitivity overhead)

The DAP is huge and heavy, so while portable not exactly suited for "on the go"

Aug 8, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #109 of 2,940
N30LE will be available in two versions. The N30LE standard package will be limited to 300 sets globally. There will be a special N30LE Amber Pearl version, only 99 sets are available. This a bundle package with UM Amber Pearl IEM. We have worked with the UM engineering team to fine-tune the IEM, and our engineers have fine-tuned the N30LE DAP accordingly for the best possible synergy.

N30LE (300 units worldwide)
SRP: US$4,999

N30LE Amber Pearl Combo (with UM Amber Pearl IEM)
SRP: US$12,999

Availability: 28 August 2023

The N30LE will be demonstrated in the following shows and events:

Hong Kong High-End Audio & Visual Show (11-13 August 2023)
(Booth C01, Hall 3, Hong Kong Convention Center)

CanJam London (19-20 August, 2023)
(Hifonix, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, London)

I have updated the opening post on page 1 with key features, functional diagram, specifications, and a lot of photos (some of them in Post #3)

N30LE ENG Poster (1080).JPG

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #110 of 2,940
N30LE单机3.jpg

Gen3 Nutube 6P1 vacuum tube circuit: Tri-Timber applicable to all analog outputs

Looking back at history, Cayin's N8 was the first portable product to incorporate Nutube 6P1. We developed a proprietary shock absorption structure to minimize microphonic effects. The warm, euphonic, and rich sound quality of vacuum tubes gained popularity among many audiophiles.

Based on the success of N8, we have developed the C9 portable headphone amplifier that applied our proprietary negative feedback to the Nutube 6P1 timbre circuit, resulting in significant improvements in linearity, frequency extension, and transparency. Our current flagship N8ii followed this approach with minor adjustments, and both implementations were well received.

电子管硬件.jpg

When there are alternatives, there will be preference, and there will be demands for something that is absent on the table. No worries, The N30LE caters to cover different preferences.

The N30LE is equipped with two independent audio circuits, offering two distinct styles of Nutube 6P1 vacuum tube timbre we called them “Modern” and “Classic”. This means that those who prefer a lush, warm listening experience can choose the Classic mode. For users who require greater fidelity and need to balance both listening experience and audio performance, and like a transparent and lively sound, the Modern tube timbre is the ideal choice. We believe in actual use, users who mainly listen to vocals will particularly appreciate the “Classic” option, while those who listen to more instrumental music might prefer the “Modern” option. The choice depends on the user's preferences. When users connect their headphones to N30LE, they can switch among three timbre options (two tube modes and one solid-state mode) based on their personal preferences for listening, headphone type, music content, etc.

The tube timbre circuit adopts a three-stage amplification structure. The first stage is a buffer amplifier composed of Toshiba's low-noise JFET. The second stage is the Nutube 6P1 tube circuit amplification, which provides the main voltage gain for the audio circuit and is the core that determines the timbre and sonic experience. The third stage is a buffer driver composed of Toshiba's low-noise JFET, which improves the driving capability of the entire timbre circuit.

N30LE Functional Diagram (Timbre Circuit).jpg

With Classic Nutube Mode, there is no looped negative feedback, and each stage works independently through local feedback control, with the total gain determined by the accumulation of each stage's gain. The Nutube circuit amplification introduced its unique “distortion” to the amplifier circuit, resulting in higher total harmonic distortion (THD) and distinctive harmonic distortion that is typical to tube amplification, offering a rich, lush, and euphonic presentation. (Representative products from Cayin's previous lineup: N8, N3Pro)

With Modern Nutube Mode, it introduces a looped negative feedback system that determines the total gain through the negative feedback circuit. By introducing inter-stage loop negative feedback, the THD distortion of the total output is significantly reduced, and the harmonic distortion pattern is more in line with modern high-fidelity requirements. It is not as tubey as the Classis Nutube mode but it works well with modern gears and recordings. (Representative products from the previous lineup: C9, N8ii)

We have mentioned applicable to all analog outputs in the very beginning. All analog outputs include PO (Phone output), LO (Line out), and Pre (Preamplifier). Whether it is power amplification or voltage level amplification, and includes both single-ended and balanced outputs. In previous Cayin products, vacuum tube timbre could only be achieved through PO output. N30LE is the first DAP that allows us to use Nutube audio circuits across all analog outputs. For users who use N30LE as an analog front-end, this means they can choose different timbre based on music genre and connecting equipment, to better match and reproduce the original sound.

套装1.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #111 of 2,940
I am definitely getting one :heart_eyes:

This will require some selling though :p

(I thought my DAP quest was over... now Cayin does this... :smiling_imp:)

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #112 of 2,940
The N30LE looks to be an absolutely amazing piece of audio hardware! While out of my price bracket, I will be happy to read user impressions, and I hope in time some elements will make their way to more affordable price segments!

Aug 8, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #116 of 2,940
Disappointing. The way I see it…most of us on this thread own Cayin products (N7, C9, RU 6,7 for me) and supported the brand over the years. Would have been nice if somehow they had released a new product most of us could afford.
While these anniversary limited edition products are expensive (yes, they are, that I can tell you in advance), we'll never recover the development cost, and for some reason that you'll understand tonight, we won't be able to mass produce these products in large quantity. So before you jump into the "I can't afford that, so it's none of my business" mood, let's treat this as an open invitation from Cayin to all our users and passionate Headfiers, let's celebrate our 30th Anniversary with an Engineering Showcase.
It doesn't mean thay they don't appreciate your support by releasing N30LE. Like Andy said, it's their way to celebrate their 30th anniversary. They can't mass product it too because AK4499EQ are already discontinued. Let's be nice and just give them a best wishes for years to come 😁

Aug 8, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #118 of 2,940
Congratulations for your 30th anniversary!!!
this dap seems to be the next step up from the N8 and N8ii…
Let’s wait for the first impressions 🤔

Aug 8, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #119 of 2,940
Hi Andy, will the N30LE 'Standard Version' be available to buy at London CanJam?

Aug 8, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #120 of 2,940
@Andykong what are the remaining 3 new releases?

Even if they are not for the headphone realm

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back