Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Feb 6, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #2,776 of 2,982
Regarding Roon: it would be great if more of us Cayin owners can comment on the thread:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-support-for-cayin-devices/264192

Bit perfect playback is one of the few things on my N30LE wish list at the moment.
Using a L&P W4 or a DC-Elite via USB-C works OK but doesn't sound nearly as good.

It would also be nice if Android developer mode can be enabled so animation transitions can be reduced- much like on the Hiby R8ii and pretty much every Android device @Andykong

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #2,777 of 2,982
Regarding Roon: it would be great if more of us Cayin owners can comment on the thread:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-support-for-cayin-devices/264192

Bit perfect playback is one of the few things on my N30LE wish list at the moment.
Using a L&P W4 or a DC-Elite via USB-C works OK but doesn't sound nearly as good.

It would also be nice if Android developer mode can be enabled so animation transitions can be reduced- much like on the Hiby R8ii and pretty much every Android device @Andykong
Found out how to enable Developer Mode:

About device->tap on Version 7X
->tap on window animation scale
->animation off

Navigating around the UI feels quite a bit more zippy now

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #2,778 of 2,982
Such beautiful sound. I wish I know how to get that killer vocal sound from an IEM.
IMG_4210.jpeg

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #2,779 of 2,982
I was looking back on some earlier threads about synergy. A few months back someone said they felt all of the UM products were stellar on the N30. I have had my Mentor collecting dust for a year. I just didn't love it with my Luxury & Precision Daps and was thinking of selling it. I just didn't "feel" it like a lot of others did about a year ago on the Watercooler. I decide to give it a rip this morning with the Doors and my goodness. The soundstage and entire presentation made my jaw drop. I've been giving Anni 2023 most of my N30 time, but Mentor is blowing me away. The detail, The width and depth. Perfect balance. It is now making me think what I am missing with Amber Pearl?@! Regardless, the moral of the story is try each IEM you have and they all have a time and place and Mentor was just waiting for N30. All of this on the Mentor stock cable too. Incredible.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #2,780 of 2,982
I was looking back on some earlier threads about synergy. A few months back someone said they felt all of the UM products were stellar on the N30. I have had my Mentor collecting dust for a year. I just didn't love it with my Luxury & Precision Daps and was thinking of selling it. I just didn't "feel" it like a lot of others did about a year ago on the Watercooler. I decide to give it a rip this morning with the Doors and my goodness. The soundstage and entire presentation made my jaw drop. I've been giving Anni 2023 most of my N30 time, but Mentor is blowing me away. The detail, The width and depth. Perfect balance. It is now making me think what I am missing with Amber Pearl?@! Regardless, the moral of the story is try each IEM you have and they all have a time and place and Mentor was just waiting for N30. All of this on the Mentor stock cable too. Incredible.
I had the same experience with Phoenix LE and Aura, they rotated in and out of my portfolio quickly. The Anni 23 and RN6 are just so much better IMHO

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #2,781 of 2,982
I only have the Mest 2 and Mentor. I share your impressions. These 2 monitors sound the best with the N30 for me.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #2,782 of 2,982
Mentor is fabulous with the N30LE. I am liking Anni a lot too but Mentor is getting a lion's share of the listening pie.
I no longer have a Radon 6 due to QC issues with 2 consecutive cables but I bet it would have also sounded rather grand with this DAP.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #2,783 of 2,982
Mentor is fabulous with the N30LE. I am liking Anni a lot too but Mentor is getting a lion's share of the listening pie.
I no longer have a Radon 6 due to QC issues with 2 consecutive cables but I bet it would have also sounded rather grand with this DAP.
Yes RN6 sound heavenly on N30 for sure right now N30/Shirogane/RN6 is just ❤️‍🔥

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #2,784 of 2,982
Yes my favorite pairings for N30 right now:

Mentor with stock cable
Anni 23 with Centurion cable
RN6 with Orpheus

I haven't given Red Halo FS a fair audition on it as the majority of the time I'm just delighted listening to the above 3. Audio bliss.

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #2,785 of 2,982
I had pretty much decided to sell my newly acquired Anni 2023- plugged it into the N30LE to give it another go.
Switched to high gain, P+ and tubes and the magic just happened. The Anni is pretty power hungry but is driven oh so well by the Cayin.

I also played a test track yesterday using IEMs, Hyper Mode and tubes- luckily no abnormal noise whatsoever.

Very pleased with the DAP thus far and a worthy upgrade from my SP3000.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #2,787 of 2,982
Wise advice... enjoy! ❤️‍🔥

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #2,788 of 2,982
Well just a small update.
Unboxed and used last night for the first time.
I’m usually in bed by 10pm most nights as I start early.
This was me at 1.30am, finding this quite mesmerising I have to say.
I’m not someone that speaks in Audiophile terms but I know what I like.
I’m using AK x Odyssey with the N30 and it sounds to me like a match made in heaven. It all seems like the sound has so much more body, wider soundstage and just totally encapsulating to my ears, I loved the SP3000 but it just felt a bit one dimensional to me.. this is just a leap forwards with the ability to switch between the settings.
I’m favouring Low Gain , Class A, P+, Tube Modern, happy for feedback if any issues with that…
Today I’m shattered but ready for an all-nighter tonight 🤣
I am very very impressed on my first listen..

IMG_5059.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #2,789 of 2,982
I had pretty much decided to sell my newly acquired Anni 2023- plugged it into the N30LE to give it another go.
Switched to high gain, P+ and tubes and the magic just happened. The Anni is pretty power hungry but is driven oh so well by the Cayin.

I also played a test track yesterday using IEMs, Hyper Mode and tubes- luckily no abnormal noise whatsoever.

Very pleased with the DAP thus far and a worthy upgrade from my SP3000.
If you have a bunch of old IEM, connecting to the N30LE will invigorate them again and they will sound completely different.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #2,790 of 2,982
If you have a bunch of old IEM, connecting to the N30LE will invigorate them again and they will sound completely different.
Sadly not- I try to keep a rather lean but high quality setup.

Which is why I am selling the SP3K, Anni 2023 and the L&P W4 at the expense of N30LE, Mentor and DC-Elite.

I cannot help but wonder how good my old Radon 6 would have sounded on this beastie:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back