Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 18, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #1,096 of 2,935
@Andykong you are most certainly aware of this, but Meze 109 Pro issues where mostly reported in combination with the Meze UPCHD copper upgrade 4.4 cable (a combination I was about to buy).

Yes, but unfortunately our local dealer doesn't have that upgrade cable in stock. We are doing what we can immediately (i.e., today). We'll try to locate the upgrade cable before we need to return the sample to our dealer.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 18, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #1,097 of 2,935
@Andykong

Finally got around to connecting my 109Pro. Tested P / P +, a timbres, then AB to A... waterfall hiss. Enabled Hyper and waterfall hiss becomes more prominent. Only remedy is to switch to AB and dead silent again. This is 109Pro with the upgraded Meze copper and silver UPHCD cables.

Slight "hhhrrrrmmm" as pulled out the Elite suitcase and tested Class AB -> A and Hyper – no waterfall hiss. Tested all 4 miniXLR cables with Elites: Code 23, ET Inferno, Meze UPHCD copper and silver – no waterfall hiss in Hyper or Class A.

Cleaned 109 cable connects and no joy, waterfall hiss in both channels in P/P+ Class A and Hyper :thinking:

Luckily no issues with my FiRs, UMs, VE EXT, ET/EA/PWA cables and Meze Elite. Otherwise slightly bummed but 109Pro in P+ / Class AB / Tube Classic = chef's smooch.

IMG_0429.jpg

I am putting a time stamp here so that our engineers can follow up on the hissing problem effectively.

This is, unfortunately, a classic case of the Murphy Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and it will likely go wrong at the worst possible hours.

This message was posted on Sep 16, 2023 at 4:28 AM (+8 GMT), we didn't check the forum again until Monday morning, and we were in a shocking status when we browsed through the 11 pages of discussion during the weekend. We try to act promptly, but we have to apologize for the delays during our absence. I'll re-read all posts again tomorrow from this bookmark and provide a summary to our Engineers, to make sure we won't miss any hints and observations. :pray:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 18, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #1,098 of 2,935
Guys - This topic I know has been answered...but can you each please toggle your Amp from A to AB and tell me if you hear an audible difference? I feel like I'm the only one that cares about this...and I'm the crazy one LOL... I have the C9 and HIby RS8.... toggle from A/AB is noticeable. AB is more resolving, A is more ooomph.

I caught the bug about it not permitting the change in settings menu when P+ is on...and they will correct it thanks to Andy. But we may have a bigger issue, where the amp isn't selecting correctly.

Appreciate you checking. This is for all of us so we don't miss out a on this core and very very beautiful feature. On C9, it makes all the difference especially when in Tube mode.

Thank you for your time!
Yes, A is smoother but sounds less dense (bass is less tight). AB is more detailed. Not a huge difference for me, but I am able to notice it on my familiar test tracks.

Sep 18, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #1,099 of 2,935
Yes, A is smoother but sounds less dense (bass is less tight). AB is more detailed. Not a huge difference for me, but I am able to notice it on my familiar test tracks.
Thanks! I’m worried mine doesn’t have any change…I tried all combos and headphones / IEM. Since we are on same software, must mean my hardware faulty?

Anyone else can test A/AB if they can notice audible difference? Thank you!

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #1,100 of 2,935
Thanks! I’m worried mine doesn’t have any change…I tried all combos and headphones / IEM. Since we are on same software, must mean my hardware faulty?

Anyone else can test A/AB if they can notice audible difference? Thank you!

Man you have got to relax 😅 the difference between class A and AB is not night and day. I keep mine on AB (unless in Hyper) because it’s not worth the extra heat and battery drain on class A.

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #1,101 of 2,935
Man you have got to relax 😅 the difference between class A and AB is not night and day. I keep mine on AB (unless in Hyper) because it’s not worth the extra heat and battery drain on class A.
LOL! You ask too much :wink: I know it isn't night/day...but it is zero difference. So...1. I'd like to know if I have a defective unit. 2. I'd like to help others determine if they do as well.

Cayin C9 it is noticeable, N8ii, Hiby RS8, same.

With all the little issues we all have, I just don't want something that we all assume to "normal" to be missed.

Sep 18, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,102 of 2,935
_DSC8866.jpg
_DSC8852.jpg
_DSC8859.jpg

I also got this today.
Kudos to Cayin!

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #1,103 of 2,935
Reading all the posts by owners of this N30LE, reporting an incredible series of bugs and various problems, I allow myself to define the release of this Dap Limited edition as "disastrous".
Just for personal information, with both my A&K Sp3000 and A&K Se300, since the first turn on, I have had nothing that created problems with my IEMs, cables and Amp.
Actually, when I got one of the very first SP3000s, it was fast from perfect with boot times of more then 1.5 mins and various bugs including a very laggy interface.

That being said, ideally a DAP like this would be perfect from the start. But things happen unfortunately. Cayin so far has an excellent track record and it's indeed unfortunate that there are reports of issues.

What I like to give them credit for is their open approach and communication with the customers, directly addressing the issues and making sure affected customers get a satisfactory solution.

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #1,104 of 2,935
Yes, but unfortunately our local dealer doesn't have that upgrade cable in stock. We are doing what we can immediately (i.e., today). We'll try to locate the upgrade cable before we need to return the sample to our dealer.

@Andykong you are most certainly aware of this, but Meze 109 Pro issues where mostly reported in combination with the Meze UPCHD copper upgrade 4.4 cable (a combination I was about to buy).

I shared with @Andykong that I was more than happy to include my affected 109 Pro Meze PCUHD mono 3.5 > 4.4 term copper cable with my unit for testing.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,105 of 2,935
I am putting a time stamp here so that our engineers can follow up on the hissing problem effectively.

This is, unfortunately, a classic case of the Murphy Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and it will likely go wrong at the worst possible hours.

This message was posted on Sep 16, 2023 at 4:28 AM (+8 GMT), we didn't check the forum again until Monday morning, and we were in a shocking status when we browsed through the 11 pages of discussion during the weekend. We try to act promptly, but we have to apologize for the delays during our absence. I'll re-read all posts again tomorrow from this bookmark and provide a summary to our Engineers, to make sure we won't miss any hints and observations. :pray:

And things that go right (Cayin R&D moving to a new building last Friday) will contribute to what can go wrong because you are packing/unpacking the lab over the weekend which adds to troubleshooting delay. And I'm speaking that from my own personal experience since we had to move our hw lab at work twice in the last 8 yrs...

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #1,106 of 2,935
@Andykong any clarification about:
1) erratic charging led light spazzing
2) units freezing during operation and taking long time to resume

Thank you!

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,107 of 2,935
@Andykong any clarification about:
1) erratic charging led light spazzing
2) units freezing during operation and taking long time to resume

Thank you!
Honestly number 1 is a non issue... unless it's a sign of an underlying issue (?).

Number 2 I still have to experience, but I think the bug report needs extra info (when does it occur : running what apps, is the device hot, which micro SD cars are you operating... etc).

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,108 of 2,935
Honestly number 1 is a non issue... unless it's a sign of an underlying issue (?).

Number 2 I still have to experience, but I think the bug report needs extra info (when does it occur : running what apps, is the device hot, which micro SD cars are you operating... etc).

The LED issue actually bugs me a lot 🤣 it’s so minor and not important relative to what other people have going on, but I 100% want that addressed.

I haven’t had any issues with the UI/OS itself though, smooth sailing for me there.

The volume knob bug (adjusting the volume when the screen is off doesn’t “save” when you turn the display back on) is also annoying, that needs to be addressed.

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,109 of 2,935
The LED issue actually bugs me a lot 🤣 it’s so minor and not important relative to what other people have going on, but I 100% want that addressed.

I haven’t had any issues with the UI/OS itself though, smooth sailing for me there.

The volume knob bug (adjusting the volume when the screen is off doesn’t “save” when you turn the display back on) is also annoying, that needs to be addressed.
Yeah us audiophile are OCD for sure, especially the flagship consumers...

Didn't notice the issue of the volume adjustment...

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #1,110 of 2,935
For anyone experiencing the crashing, have you tried factory resetting the device? This solved the crashing problem for me it seems.

The major issue I’m experiencing right now is during streaming playback tracks will randomly start playing 10x slower and be distorted. This will last for a random amount of time. Sometimes it’s solved by unplugging and replugging in the AP, however not all the time. Usually it goes away within 5-10 minutes if you pause the track and just wait. Very frustrating issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back