Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Aug 16, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #421 of 2,940
Just as confusing for me as well. I ordered the N30LE instead. Perhaps the 2 editions should have different model designations and/or launched separately timing wise.
For me, as long as the regular N30LE are good enough then don't bother thinking how does the AP version sound. The price gap are just too big and not everybody need the IEM. I find it funny too actually. It's Cayin's birthday, but why did they need to complicate things and make extra effort to specially tuned their DAP for one particular IEM and not the other way around. Just my 30 cents 😉

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #422 of 2,940
나에게도 마찬가지로 혼란스럽습니다. 대신 N30LE를 주문했습니다. 아마도 2개의 에디션은 모델 지정이 다르거나 시기적으로 별도로 출시되어야 합니다.
Andy의 답변을 기다리고 있습니다...
Apart from compatibility with Amber, I think the performance of each of the two daps should be on the same level and the difference of taste.

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #423 of 2,940
Andy의 답변을 기다리고 있습니다...
Apart from compatibility with Amber, I think the performance of each of the two daps should be on the same level and the difference of taste.

This is exactly what we have in mind.

If I may, I want to quote my previous explanation on this subject once again.

In practice, Amber Pearl sounds excellent even when paired with standard N30LE. During its design process, we have extensively tested various headphones and backend equipment combinations alongside N30LE itself. However, because Hi-Fi products always strive for continuous improvement, audiophiles always want to squeeze out the final bits of performance through cable or accessories changes. As a product designer and manufacturer, we have the unique opportunity to do that at circuit and component level modification. When we have a specific IEM pairing in mind, this presents a unique opportunity to fine-tune the sound signature for this particular IEM and deliver further enhancement.

To give an inappropriate analogy, if my subjective listening experience of the N30LE standard version + Amber Pearl is rated at 98 points, then the package version would be rated at 99 points. Please be reminded that this is only an analogy, listening experience is subjective and quantitative description to express the opinion of Cayin and UM's joint subjective evaluation is purely for illustration purposes. By the way, the perfect score of 100 will never exist; it always lies in the future – that's what Hi-End pursues.

N30LE is our 30th-anniversary statement, we fine-tune the N30LE to Amber Pearl to maximize the synergy effect when we were offered this unique opportunity. This is why and what we have done. We have clarified our approach, it's up to the user to accept or ignore our R&D process.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 17, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #424 of 2,940
This is exactly what we have in mind.

If I may, I want to quote my previous explanation on this subject once again.

N30LE is our 30th-anniversary statement, we fine-tune the N30LE to Amber Pearl to maximize the synergy effect when we were offered this unique opportunity. This is why and what we have done. We have clarified our approach, it's up to the user to accept or ignore our R&D process.
Thank you @Andykong But how does the sound differ with other IEMs of AP model vs normal. You said regular model better for other IEM/headphones. More versatile. Should I also purchase the regular non pearl version for other IEM/headphones? What can you tell from the sound differences for them when using AP vs non AP?

Thank you!

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #426 of 2,940
@Andykong 이 라인은 다른 IEM에서도 사용할 계획인지 많은 사람들이 궁금해합니다. 더 다재다능하게 만드는 것은 무엇입니까? 소리가 어떻게 다른가요?
가장 듣고 싶은 대답입니다. 더 다재다능하다는 단어가 가장 혼란을 야기했다고 생각합니다. 엠버의 용도가 아니더라도 둘 다 최선의 선택이 될 수 있을지 궁금합니다. AP 모델을 사야할지 고민입니다.

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #427 of 2,940
Finding impressions about any piece of gear from HKAV has been very difficult if you’re looking on head fi only, I doubt it has anything to do with this thread. The most impressions I’ve been finding have all been in Facebook groups and Twitter, regardless of whether it’s discussing N30 LE or not.

My suggestion for the next product like this that will have a lot of interest is to have all of the information handy and translated from day one. I know they take a lot of time and effort and I really enjoy reading them, but this is a very limited and expensive item, the staggered release of important information I don’t personally feel is the most helpful way for us consumers to make purchase decisions. We can wait for impressions from HKAV and CanJam but then we risk not being able to get what we want if they’re already sold out.

Interesting. Now this makes me question if I should be getting the Amber Pearl DAP since I’m not keeping the IEM, but again I have no clue what the actual differences of them are when it comes to listening. I wanted the Pearl DAP when I saw it has increased dynamics in tube mode. I can wait to try get more info between both versions and risk them selling out or I just buy and hope for the best. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Again, as a consumer it’s just not an ideal situation in general. The hype around this DAP is crazy because it looks like a damn good product and there’s not a lot of units to go around. The FOMO is really strong with this one.
For all the people who have tried the AP model at the HKAV show, they are reluctant to comment because we didn’t have much time to fully test it especially when you have a queue of people behind you with pressure to try quickly and move on. My first impressions on hearing it is positive and definitely more detailed than the N8ii. But for me the N8ii was more significant improvement coming from the N8. Also the N8ii was already high up there in the sound quality. If I didn’t have the N8ii I would buy the N30LE but not the AP bundle. Sound is very subjective for everyone. I would prefer to use my existing IEM with the N30LE but didn’t have time to test it all. It is TOTL player and the sounds leans more to a natural sound than the N8ii, imho. But the sound quality is great out of the box. I didn’t get a chance to evaluate the Hyper and Non over sample modes since I had to go. It is rare for me to experience a Eureka moment and buy immediately but I did have those moments with the N8 Gold, N8ii, LP6 and Trailli Ti.

Aug 17, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #428 of 2,940
What is in the Box

You can glimpse into the final N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl package from the first 5 seconds of this video. That was the 3D rendering we created when we design the package box and that's part of the design specification we submit to our package box supplier. The packgae box of N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl shared the same deesign, but the later is much bigger, something like 1/3 bigger.

The standard N30LE package will include the following items:
The N30LE Amber Pearl Combo package will include the following items:
We have included the 3.5mm TRS Male to 4.4mm TRRRS Female Adapter (PH-35X) in the Amber Pearl package because we only provided a 4.4mm IEM cable with Amber Pearl IEM. In case our user wants to try the 3.5mm phone out of our DAP, he'll need this adapter.

1692263009047.png
1692262689858.png

Last edited:

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #429 of 2,940
I’m not sure how it’ll arrive. If it’s one big package I suppose I can try it but I imagine the IEM will have its own packaging.

I can confirm that the N30LE Amber Pearl will arrive in one big package. I am sure you'll be surprised when you receive the package. I was surprised when I get to see the real thing for the first time.

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #430 of 2,940
I can confirm that the N30LE Amber Pearl will arrive in one big package. I am sure you'll be surprised when you receive the package. I was surprised when I get to see the real thing for the first time.
giphy.gif

One package, please.

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #431 of 2,940
I have reorganized the opening post and started the regular housekeeping work to compile the Resource and FAQ of N30LE at Post #2, as with other Cayin DAP threads, I'll keep Post #2 updated till we hit page 100. In past experience, this will slowly grow into a Wiki-style reference page for N30LE and provided a lot of help to newcomers.

I enjoyed the HKAV show tremendously; I run into a lot of local and oversea friends and had a lot of exchanges with Cayin users and Headfier. Several HeadFi forum regulars dropped by to say Hi. We have visitors queuing up in front of our booth as soon as we started the show at 10 am every day. The N30LE demo units are fully occupied as expected, and the N7, N8ii, and desktop tube headphone amps are also getting a lot of exposure. We are compiling a short recap video for the HKAV show and hopefully, that'll be available by tomorrow. To illustrate how busy we are at this show, Peter Wong, founder of PWAudio said "I've been waiting for a long time, but still haven't tried it (N30LE) ...." I feel so embarrassed when someone forwards the message to me because he has been very helpful to us and provided a new, never been used cable for our Amber Peral IEM. I PMed him immediately and we finally get in touch a few hours later.

If you think N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl are dramatic, let me tell you that we are nowhere near the center of attention in the show. The biggest Personal Audio launch in HKAV 2023 definitely belongs to Audio-Technica who released the Naruto series headphone & amplifier in this event (HERE). Priced at US$84K, the 鳴神(NARUKAMI)is composed of a pair of “AW-KG NARU” headphones and a set of HPA-KG NARU” headphone amplifiers. They are going to make 10 sets only. The system sounds fabulous and is stunningly beautiful. I go back several times just to watch and appreciate the system.

The 3-days event is one of the most crowded and busiest shows in the world. According to the show organizer, the Hong Kong AV Show 2023 had 31,000 visitors over the three days of the event, with 14,000 of those on Friday, the first day of the show. Be reminded that this is an office working day, so a lot of visitors are taking a day off so that they can attend this event as early as possible. The Show last from 10 am to 7 pm every day, so it is 2 hours longer per day when compared to CanJam London next week. On the other hand, since I can't afford to live near CBD in Hong Kong, I spend about 3 hours per day commuting to and from the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center. That's why I am almost completely disappeared from the HeadFi forum since the show started last Friday. I was completely exhausted after the show, and am recovering gradually today.

I catch up with all the Cayin threads today and am disappointed that we don’t have a lot of N30LE impressions in the HeadFi forum. Maybe the tone of the discussion has scared some Hong Kong headfiers away and they feel reluctant to exchange when the thread is red-hot. Let’s hope there will be more impressions this weekend from CanJam London.

Cayin is happy to live with different opinions. All our product threads are as transparent and open-minded as it could be, we don’t have any problem when someone doesn’t like our product or disagree with us on whatever topic. All my friends and frequent contributors in Cayin threads know it very well that I managed our discussion with one simple belief:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but regardless of what you said, it remains as an opinion only. Your opinion might be useful to me, or it might now, it is up to me (or others) to decide if what you said is relevant, but in all cases, I prefer to maintain an “agree to disagree” position rather than trying to convince someone to agree with me.

In addition, Cayin doesn’t provide or discuss subjective opinions (or impressions) of our own products. We’ll try our best to explain our products but we don't go into components or material level. Since the early dates, we don’t discuss topics such as “Why AKM chipset instead of ESS chipset in this DAP?” or “Why stainless steel instead of copper chassis?” We are happy to discuss our product design and implementation, and we go into details that sometimes friends and reviewers will send me a reminder to stop digging deeper as other brands are watching.

We need to move on as quickly as possible because there are a lot of outstanding items before the official launch date. If you have read all the linked posts in Post #2 and is still having some question marks regarding N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl, feel free to ask, we’ll try our best to explain and discuss.

N30LE 1150-1 WB.jpg

Battery and Power Supply Design

This is a long and technical topic, please go through it with patience, you don't have to understand these technical detail in order to appreciate the N30LE DAP, but it is an interesting read for those who enjoy digging deep into their audio equipment.

High-Quality Power supply is the foundation of High Fidelity Audio. This is a statement that experienced audiophiles will recognize from the bottom of their heart. After all, the game of high-fidelity audio is ultimately the transformation of electrical energy into sound waves.

Maybe I can illustrate my point by briefly summarizing the first 10 years of my audiophile journey into three distinctive stages. Stage 1 was all about features and components, I create my own product comparison tables and study the key components, with my science training background, I tried to track down the raw information from suppliers instead of relying on consumer product reviews, and that was a nightmare back in the 90s when the Internet is not as informative as today. Sooner or later, I notice “implementation” matters, so in stage 2, I focused on circuitry and product design. I spend a lot of time drawing up functional diagrams of the HiFi products I owned. This slowly developed into an addiction and I continued to do this today, with every DAP I represented. By that time, I was a full-time project leader in Home Entertainment product development and a part-time reviewer in a local HiFi magazine. These two roles allow me to try out a lot of high-end products that I couldn’t afford and meet with engineers I had worshipped since my early time as an audiophile, and these exposures lead me to Stage 3: Power supply is the foundation of High Fidelity Audio. When you change (or upgrade as far as most audiophiles are concerned) a component or modified the circuit design, quite often you’ll gain something in due course, but unfortunately, you’ll also lose something in other less prominent areas. The only exception is enhancing your power supply. This is always the most fruitful tweak in the audiophile system. Experienced audiophiles/reviewers will pay a lot of attention to the power supply implementation of the product they are paying for, but this is rarely an important topic in the portable audio community.

So let’s take a look at the power supply requirements of N30LE:
  1. Hyper Mode: This is by far the most demanding new feature in N30LE in terms of power supply. When we can’t even enable Class A and P+ mode simultaneously in N8ii, the Hyper mode only existed as a dream before N30LE.
  2. Discrete Headphone amplifier: we have discussed the advantage and technical difficulties to implement a discrete headphone amplifier, but does it occur to you that a discrete circuit will always drain more power and required more caretaking to provide the appropriate power supply to specific components when compared to highly integrated Op-Amp circuits?
  3. Digital Audio circuit: the AK4499EQ is a very power-hungry chip, more so if we use them in current output mono mode because we need to provide a matching IV converter network in order to drain the maximum performance of these DAC chips.
  4. Timbre Circuit: while the Classic/Modern Tube timbre circuitry is extremely complicated, it's the new feature to extend the Nutube timber circuit to Line Out and Preamp out that complicated the power supply design. As always, large analog components such as Nutube 6P1 are very sensitive to power supply, therefore power supply design is crucially important when we adopt Nutube in multiple output scenarios. For the record, Cayin remains the only DAP brand that implemented a matched pair of Nutube in DAP.
The Power supply system of N30LE is surprisingly complicated because we literally establish a dedicated power supply connection to different key components and functional blocks within the DAP. These will allow us to customize the voltage of the power supply to different components/circuitry independently, and we can isolate the circuitry from electrical ripple effects. In other words, we can stop the noise, mechanical movement, and interference from passing onto the other components.

The N30LE is powered by a piece of custom ordered a piece of 12570mAh 3.8V lithium-ion polymer battery that provides up to 48Wh of power capacity. This is around triple the power capacity of a modern mobile phone. With this enormous power capacity, we can keep the N30LE running continuously for a reasonable time in each charging cycle (around 7.25Hr to 11 Hr). We have also implemented PD2.0 (18W) fast charging to minimize idle time during charging. The lithium-ion polymer battery pack adopts a structure where two cells are connected in series and then parallel after precise matching of parameters such as capacity and internal resistance.

1692129302824.png
N30LE Power Supply Functional Diagram (Level 1).jpg
1692129806589.png

To customize/enhance the power supply to meet various load-carrying and power supply demands across different scenarios, we have added multiple DC/DC converters, LDO, and filtering capacitors as deemed necessary. Among these, the power supply to the discrete headphone amplifier is definitely the most critical section in our overall power supply design. To facilitate (1) and (2) mentioned previously, we added a piece of Murata's DMF series 470mF/5.5V ELDC (Electric Double-Layer Capacitor) ultra-capacitor to make sure the circuit will have all the power it needed and at the time it needed. The ELDC ultra-capacitor has extremely low ESR (equivalent series resistance) and rapid charge-discharge response. It is equivalent to a large reserve of electrical power, making sure the analog circuitry will have ample power supply at all times.

The architecture of the main power supply showcases N30LE's excellent dynamic performance capabilities by providing stable output with abundant load-carrying capability and revealing transient details even at low volume levels. We have pushed the envelope by, for the first time, applying ELDC ultra-capacitor in portable products. The N30LE power supply system is the cornerstone of its superior audio performance, His only drawback is that it increases the size and weight of the DAP.

Power Amplifier Circuit Power Supply

Being fully differential by design, the N30LE features four channels of headphone amplifier circuits (L+, L-, R+, R-), and each channel is powered by a current mode high-current and high-dynamic DC/DC converters (LT8334) separately. Instead of using linear voltage regulator ICs for secondary regulation, which is a conventional practice in power supply design, we adopt an LC-enhanced filtering circuit to provide a direct power supply to the headphone amplifier circuit after secondary filtering. This maximizes the purity of the power supply, reduces internal resistance, and achieves faster response.

N30LE Power Supply Functional Diagram (DAC Amplifier).jpg
N30LE Functional Diagram (DAC).jpg
AK4499EQ output channels.jpg

DAC Decoding Circuit Power Supply

We have explained our Digital Audio circuit design previously (HERE). The AK4499EQ DAC chipsets are programmed to provide fully balanced current output across all channels (8 channels). We shall connect these outputs in parallel (per 2 channels), and feed into a 2x2 IV converter network (four dual channel op-amp). There are several different options to implement the AK4499EQ in mono mode. For instance, instead of using all eight outputs, you can use only four outputs per chip (i.e., half the outputs only) and you can still be able to achieve a fully balanced DAC circuit. N30LE connects every two outputs in parallel to Increase the load capacity of the DAC circuit. On the other hand, you can program the AK4499EQ as voltage output by using the internal IV converter in the DAC chipset. This will simplify the circuit design and reduce the overall power consumption, but in our experience, a properly designed current output DAC will almost always outperform the voltage output of the same DAC because the internal IV converters are inevitably a bottleneck of the system. The 2x2 IV converter network is a substantial design for portable applications, it will provide an optimized DAC output stage for subsequent audio circuits. The functional diagram of N30LE and the block diagram of AK4499EQ will illustrate this specific dual AK4499EQ implementation.

As per the Level, 1 functional diagram of the Power Supply System of N30LE, the complete digital audio power supply involves 5 subsystems: DAC (Left), DAC (Right), IV Conversion (Left), IV Conversion (Right), and other support circuitry in Digital Audio systems such as I2S, FPGA, and Femtosecond Oscillators.

The AK4499EQ DAC chip uses two completely independent power systems, with each left and right channel DAC having its own separate power system. Each set of DAC power includes 1 set of highly efficient low-noise DC/DC converters and four sets of low-noise LDOs with different current capacities and dynamic ranges, they are adapted to meet the specific need of different functions in the chipset. Our power supply system has exceeded the reference AKM design which is more power efficient for versatile applications. We are determined to power the DAC chipset properly so that its full performance will be unleashed in N30LE. This will be significantly better than running AK4499 in starving conditions (i.e., insufficiently powered).

The FPGA is provided with 3.3V, 1.8V, and 1.2V voltages separately by three separate low-noise LDO regulators; while the dual femtosecond crystal clock circuit operates at a working voltage of 1.8V supplied by an independent low-noise LDO regulator.

Last but not least, we have also used high-quality Panasonic POSCAP tantalum polymer capacitors for filtering in each sub-power supply along with NP0 and X7R capacitors to comprehensively enhance the dynamic performance of the power system.

To conclude, N30LE has optimized its circuit design and power supply design to maximize the performance of the dual AK4499 DAC chipsets. It will

N30LE Photo Shot 04.jpg
Thank you for the explanation. The engennering behind the N30LE is simply mind-blowing.

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #432 of 2,940
What is in the Box

You can glimpse into the final N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl package from the first 5 seconds of this video. That was the 3D rendering we created when we design the package box and that's part of the design specification we submit to our package box supplier. The packgae box of N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl shared the same deesign, but the later is much bigger, something like 1/3 bigger.

The standard N30LE package will include the following items:
The N30LE Amber Pearl Combo package will include the following items:
We have included the 3.5mm TRS Male to 4.4mm TRRRS Female Adapter (PH-35X) in the Amber Pearl package because we only provided a 4.4mm IEM cable with Amber Pearl IEM. In case our user wants to try the 3.5mm phone out of our DAP, he'll need this adapter.

1692263009047.png
1692262689858.png

Will there be exactly one protective case for each Version or will there be Alternative colors available as additional Accessoire?

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #433 of 2,940
@Andykong this line makes many wonder if they plan to use it with other IEM also. What makes it more versatile? How does the sound differ?
Hi @Andykong could you please reply to my question 🙏 many of us have the same since you said non AP version will be more versatile. I ordered the AP version and wondering, should I also order another non AP for other IEMs? Can you elaborate the differences in sound and why it’s more versatile? Vs the AP version.

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #434 of 2,940

A Brief recap of our Cayin showcase at Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show 2023

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #435 of 2,940
HI @Andykong When you say it is a more versatile DAP...do you feel that the regular version will work better with IEMs and headphones better than Amber Pearl? It sounds like it is more capable for the variety... I ordered the Pearl...but would also buying the regular DAP be a good idea for using with my Empire Ears IEMs (Odin, etc..) and heapdhones? Have you compared the sound of regular vs Pearl when listening to other IEMs/headphones? Thank you!!!
Thank you @Andykong But how does the sound differ with other IEMs of AP model vs normal. You said regular model better for other IEM/headphones. More versatile. Should I also purchase the regular non pearl version for other IEM/headphones? What can you tell from the sound differences for them when using AP vs non AP?

Thank you!
@Andykong this line makes many wonder if they plan to use it with other IEM also. What makes it more versatile? How does the sound differ?
Hi @Andykong could you please reply to my question 🙏 many of us have the same since you said non AP version will be more versatile. I ordered the AP version and wondering, should I also order another non AP for other IEMs? Can you elaborate the differences in sound and why it’s more versatile? Vs the AP version.

We'll try our best to explain the design, technology, and engineering of our product, but we don't provide subjective impressions or sound analysis of our product. We have maintained this practice for many years already.

Let's put it this way. When we scheduled the date of availability at 28 August 2023, our "regular" practice will be hosting the product announcement live stream on 24th August 2023. This is exactly what we did with N7: live stream on 23rd February 2023 when the DAP become available on 27th February 2023. With N30LE, given the limited circulation, we know it will be unlikely that our users can demo the units at the shop in person, so we bring forward the live stream announcement and include the following three shows in our product debut arrangements. We hope there will be more user/visitor impressions during these shows.
Let me describe our "process" again so that we can illustrate the concept of versatile in more detail.

One of the design objectives of our DAPs, N8ii, N7, and N30LE included, is to make sure our DAP will perform satisfactorily with as many IEMs and portable-friendly headphones as possible. We use all the IEMs and headphones in our R&D inventory as the reference monitors during our product fine-tuning process, and we'll borrow the latest IEMs from our dealers and professional partners/acquaintances, UM is one of them as we are in the same city and described as "The Sound of Zhuhai" by local audiophile community.

After we finalized the standard N30LE, then we move on to the Amber Pearl project, we defined the IEM sound signature with UM together, and then we customize the N30LE to maximize the synergy effect of DAP and IEM. From our interaction with our users and headfiers, we know they have been going through this synergy process through equipment selection/shortlisting, audition, changing eartips, changing cables, applying EQ/PMEQ, ... etc etc. We understand this is a tough process and there are a lot of uncertainties in due course. We want to take this unique opportunity to tackle this problem from design and engineering route, an option that is not available to users. Our process will fundamentally achieve better "compatibility" between the N30LE and Amber Pearl IEM. In other words, there is ONE particular reference monitor we adopt when we fine-tune the final circuitry (and sound signature) of N30LE AP version.

Will the standard N30LE sound bad with the Amber Pearl IEM? Certainly not, we have UM IEMs during the R&D development, and they do sound very good together to start with. In fact, we have stated this particular scenario in our earliest explanation:
In practice, Amber Pearl sounds excellent even when paired with standard N30LE. During its design process, we have extensively tested various headphones and backend equipment combinations alongside N30LE itself.

explained this scenario in the "from 98 to 99" analogy already.

Will the N30LE AP version sound bad with other IEMs? Certainly not, while the synergy with other IEMs is not as strong as the Amber Pearl IEM, the quality and engineering are there, it will perform very well for sure.

please read our "from 98 to 99" analogy again:
Is it possible that the N30LE AP combo version paired with other earphones achieves a rating of 98 points while the standalone N30LE model achieves a rating of 99 points? The answer is yes. Audio products, whether electronic devices (such as players or amplifiers) or electroacoustic devices (such as IEM, headphones, or speakers), are all playback equipment with their own tendencies and limitations. N30LE itself has undergone multiple adjustments in design and various load combinations during its development process. It also possesses strong driving capability. The slight difference between ratings can be attributed to specific tuning considerations.

If you compare standard N30LE + Amber Pearl IEM, vs N30LE AP version + Amber Pearl IEM, it's 98 vs 99 in our opinion. Likewise, if you compare standard N30LE + a list of other IEMs, vs N30LE AP version + a list of other IEMs, it's 99 vs 98 in our opinion. This is why we said the N30LE can be more versatile than the N30LE AP version. Its a 99 vs 98 comparison.

Last but not least, if you are not interested in Amber Pearl, or you have your favorite IEM/headphones already, or plan to sell the Amber Peral IEM and keep the N30LE AP DAP, assuming the N30LE AP will outperform the standard N30LE DAP because it is more expensive. We suggest you think twice before you go for the Amber Pearl version. The N30LE Amber Pearl version is more expensive than the standard N30LE because the former involves extra R&D activities, and you have to pay for this inevitable. Since we only make 99 sets of the N30LE Amber Pearl version, the R&D cost will be spread over these 99 sets. Please be reminded that these extra R&D activities are there to enhance the synergy between the N30LE AP version and Amber Pearl IEM. When you sell or discard the Amber Pearl IEM, this extra R&D becomes meaningless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back