Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Oct 20, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #5,926 of 6,262
has anyone gotten the N3 to work with an xDSD connected? If so, what usb-C to USB A Female works? I'd like to try it, but dont want to buy 27 different cables to find one that works if somebody knows of one that works for sure.

Oct 21, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #5,927 of 6,262
HELP!
My player is doing weird things like skipping by itself or pausing out of nowhere, but this only happens with my Audio-technicas and HD600s, both have TRS connectors. My VE monks and V-Moda xs both haveTRRS and everything works perfect. Has anyone had this problem, I feel devastated, I thought this was going to be a one time investment but I have 3 IEM's on the way (TRRS) so it should work fine with those but still! any recommendations? It's doing all sorts of weird things, if I press volume it will skip, then stop out of nowhere and it happens at random, it only works with TRRS :triportsad:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #5,928 of 6,262
HELP!
My player is doing weird things like skipping by itself or pausing out of nowhere, but this only happens with my Audio-technicas and HD600s, both have TRS connectors. My VE monks and V-Moda xs both haveTRRS and everything works perfect. Has anyone had this problem, I feel devastated, I thought this was going to be a one time investment but I have 3 IEM's on the way (TRRS) so it should work fine with those but still! any recommendations? It's doing all sorts of weird things, if I press volume it will skip, then stop out of nowhere and it happens at random, it only works with TRRS :triportsad:

Hi, do you have another TRS headphones? If possible, could you please try another TRS headphones to see what happens? I just tried my TRS headphone with N3, it worked.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 23, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #5,929 of 6,262
HELP!
Are you sure that the TRS plug is pushed all the way in? And, if you have a case on the N3, try removing it and pushing the connector all the way in. I've never had the remote-change effect happen...and I don't own any TRRS connectors. I've used over 4 dozen phones with the N3 and never had a single issue!

Oct 23, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #5,930 of 6,262
Are you sure that the TRS plug is pushed all the way in? And, if you have a case on the N3, try removing it and pushing the connector all the way in. I've never had the remote-change effect happen...and I don't own any TRRS connectors. I've used over 4 dozen phones with the N3 and never had a single issue!

I had some weirdness with one iem (with mic).... tracks starting and stopping and skipping on their own.

Adding a stereo right angle adapter solved the problem so it is probably some kind of issue with the jack not liking that particular mic or plug. The iem was fine on other daps without the adapter.

I am using the adapter that was included with my Trinity Master but you can easily find them.

Oct 23, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #5,931 of 6,262
I had some weirdness with one iem (with mic).... tracks starting and stopping and skipping on their own.

Adding a stereo right angle adapter solved the problem so it is probably some kind of issue with the jack not liking that particular mic or plug. The iem was fine on other daps without the adapter.

I am using the adapter that was included with my Trinity Master but you can easily find them.

In my case the mic button on iem's stopped working on the N3 around the same time I had the problem with the tracks skipping and stopping, I sent the seller a request for warranty, because his page says 12 month warranty and I bought the player a month ago, he told me to reset it but no good :frowning2: I still love the player.

Oct 23, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #5,932 of 6,262
Oct 23, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #5,933 of 6,262
In my case the mic button on iem's stopped working on the N3 around the same time I had the problem with the tracks skipping and stopping, I sent the seller a request for warranty, because his page says 12 month warranty and I bought the player a month ago, he told me to reset it but no good :frowning2: I still love the player.

This is a little wired. Truth be told, I never received similar feedback before and I have been using N3 with my TRS headphone for 15 months and never have this issue. In this case, I suggest you to try another headphone with TRS connector to see what happens. If it still doesn't work, maybe you can contact the retailer to conduct an inspection at the shop.

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #5,934 of 6,262

Hi, may I have the model number of your iem and a link of the adapter? Except this iem, can your other iems with mic work with N3?

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #5,936 of 6,262
Any suggestions welcome.

My rig consists of a N3 with a fiio ML06 cable to Fiio Q1ii

When I'm outputting DSD files I am finding after about 2hr use when i want to power off the N3 freezes and it takes about 2mins with my finger on the power button before it desides to reboot itself

Anyone having a similar problem?

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #5,938 of 6,262
Hi there.. Recently bought the n3 and loved it so much. Just one thing, how do i choose my songs and add it and create another playlist? For example, i play a song and want to create playlist2 but i dont want to put it under electronic, vocal, etc. I want to create my own playlist not under those category list (classical, rock, jazz, etc) and create my own. Because as far as the option goes there is only one "other" option can be chosen.. I want to choose songs and create my own playlists and like playlist2, playlist3 and not to put it under those categories "classical,rock, etc". Is that possible? Got the latest firmware version 3.1. I love this feature at my android poweramp app. Help please.. Thanks.

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #5,940 of 6,262
Hi. Currently I'm considering a replacement for my aging Fiio x3 mk1.
My best options at the moment are the N3 and Hidizs Ap80. I will use it mainly with a Soundmagic E80 (64 ohm impedance).

At 2018 the N3 is still a good buy or the Hidizs is better option? My main doubts with the Ap80 is relative to being an unreleased product and the not so good history of firmware support by Hidizs.
Or... Under 150$ there are other better options.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back