Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Sep 27, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #5,896 of 6,262
You may call me crazy but I think my K712s sound better with my Cayin N3 than with my R2R-11, with the R2R the bass is too boomy and the highs get piercing some times, it has a bit more soundstage though, with the Cayin however they sound more musical and holographic with smaller soundstage, which I prefer, it's smoother and laid back, the N3 can actually push them too loud on some tracks. Could it be, maybe the K712's don't have much synergy with R2R? They are 62 ohm though, makes sense they sound good with the N3 I guess? They sound so much more agile with the N3, with the R2R is like a big ball of mass, heavy and slow. It feels as if the N3 used more parts of the driver and the bass was tighter, highs also don't get piercing. The N3 emphasises the right things. good pairing

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #5,897 of 6,262
We shall celebrate the Chinese National Day. We will take a short break from 1-7 October and resume working on 8th October 2018. The Headfi forum service is available as usual. For any questions or issues, please leave us message, we will reply to you once the vacation is over. Thank you very much for your understanding and attention!
2018国庆节天坛.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 30, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #5,898 of 6,262
We shall celebrate the Chinese National Day. We will take a short break from 1-7 October and resume working on 8th October 2018. The Headfi forum service is available as usual. For any questions or issues, please leave us message, we will reply to you once the vacation is over. Thank you very much for your understanding and attention!
Happy Holidays Cayin

Sep 30, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #5,899 of 6,262

Happy days to you all.:champagne_glass:

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #5,903 of 6,262
Hi
I purchased a N3 player a few days ago and like to contact tech support.
The email info@cayin.cn seems to be wrong.
Tech support site is in Chinese language only.

Problem is that the four symbols for Menu , Return , Next and Previous dont have the back light working.
Cant see any symbol apart from the charging one.

Thanks for advise.

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #5,904 of 6,262
Hi
I purchased a N3 player a few days ago and like to contact tech support.
The email info@cayin.cn seems to be wrong.
Tech support site is in Chinese language only.

Problem is that the four symbols for Menu , Return , Next and Previous dont have the back light working.
Cant see any symbol apart from the charging one.

Thanks for advise.

I don't think the symbols have back light, they only blink when charging, the most you get is capacity touch sensing

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #5,906 of 6,262
This is holiday week for them

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #5,907 of 6,262
The N3 can't handle HD600 or DT880?

I use the N3 with a Beyerdynamic T1 (600 ohm) in high gain with very nice result. Volume only between 60 and 75.
Hope that is not a problem because the load is to high for the amp in the N3?

N3 can't handle HD600 or DT880, you need an amplifier for that, and I doubt if portable headphone amp will handle these 250ohm and 300ohm full size headphone appropriate. Cayin C5 is probably one of the more powerful portable headphone amplifier, you can give it a try if you have to stick with portable solution.

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #5,908 of 6,262
May be a dumb question but,
do you think that N3 will support Aptx HD or LDAC in the futur firmware update or it is a hardware limitation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back