Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #5,568 of 6,262
I have question (maybe @CayinSupport can answer it); I often use my N3 as a DAC on my desktop (PC->N3->Loki Mini->Magni 3), and when I turn it on with nothing actually playing, the N3 shows 44K/24-bit. When I play a hi-res file, it doesn't show a change to 48K/24-bit. If I connect the N3 *while* playing a hi-res file, it shows 48K/24-bit, but never changes down to 44K when I go back to a Red Book file. Is this normal? Can I believe the N3's display?

Apr 29, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #5,571 of 6,262
Apr 29, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #5,573 of 6,262
thank you, and what is different from the official version?
I've heard that some have tried to improve the sound by adding different modules from the firmware of expensive models.
(heh, i apologize if I can not express myself clearly, I do not speak English well)
Hi - this versions adds custom themes, a new start and shutdown animation, fixes all the spelling and grammar errors in the English UI, and slims down the footprint of the firmware to make the interface slightly faster and more cohesive. It doesn't add any new functionality or borrow from other players I'm afraid - Cayin's official firmware is excellent as it is, all we did was clean it up and add some eye candy :)

May 1, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #5,576 of 6,262
Thanks for your contribution, we have compared the changed against our UI tables and adopted your suggestions, we should be able to include them in subsequent firmware update.

We are grateful to the participation and we'll try our best to accommodate, but I foresee the possibility of fan-mod firmware, hence a small reminder up-fronted.

Hello Andy,
I don't know if you remember me, I have corrected the french translation for the N3.
Will you be at the High End 2018 in Munich?
I will go and so I will take the opportunity to greet you :)
Regards
Jerome.

May 2, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #5,577 of 6,262
Hi all.

I'm new to the site and also new to a Cayin N3.
I'm having a problem to which I haven't yet been able to find a solution.

The problem is this: When I try to update the music library, once the "crawler" reaches around 1000 songs, the device just crashes and reboots.

The firmware is the customized v3.0 (downloaded from the link above; that sexy theme was unexpected). I also tried (first) with the original v3.0.
I have a 64GB microSD with ~3500 songs (MP3 files) split around ~20 folders. I've formatted the microSD to exFAT and NTFS.

Did anyone have the same problem?

May 2, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #5,578 of 6,262
Try Fat 32

May 2, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #5,580 of 6,262
Will do. I'll let you know how it goes.

A corrupted folder or file might cause some issue when N3 perform music scan.

If you have 3500 songs split over 20 folders, please split this into 4-5 rounds when you copy the files to the TF card and use N3 to scan the card after you copied several hundred files.

Alternatively, split you music library into several folders, just name them as Folder 1, Do)Dr 2, Folder 3 ,.... etc, and when you scan music in N3, scan each folder in one time only, see if all folders can pass the music scan successfully.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back