Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Dec 25, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #5,131 of 6,262
Means i have to use the front panel buttons to navigate to next song?? Was hoping it would disable the front buttons and use right side to navigate via muscle memory.

If you turn on screen lock option, you'll lock both front and side buttons when dark screen. You need to turn on the screen (push power button once) first when you need to use these buttons.

If you turn off screen lock option, you'll lock the touch buttons on front panel but leave the three button on right panel active when dark screen. You can control play/pause, next/pre during dark screen.

The choice is yours.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #5,132 of 6,262
Means i have to use the front panel buttons to navigate to next song?? Was hoping it would disable the front buttons and use right side to navigate via muscle memory.

Hmmm. Yeah, mine works the way you hoped; capacitive front buttons are disabled but all mechanical buttons still work.

EDIT: I see I have "Lock screen" turned off.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #5,133 of 6,262

The front panel capactive button cannot be disabled completely. If you want to use the right side to navigate next song,you could turn off "lock screen" button and press the power button once to black out the screen.Then front panel buttons except capactive button will be disabled and the side panel buttons are still active. You could continue to use the right side buttons to navigate next or previous songs. But please note that as long as you haven't pressed the capactive button or power button to light up the screen, the other front panel buttons will still remain disabled.

Dec 25, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #5,134 of 6,262
The front panel capactive button cannot be disabled completely. If you want to use the right side to navigate next song,you could turn off "lock screen" button and press the power button once to black out the screen.Then front panel buttons except capactive button will be disabled and the side panel buttons are still active. You could continue to use the right side buttons to navigate next or previous songs. But please note that as long as you haven't pressed the capactive button or power button to light up the screen, the other front panel buttons will still remain disabled.
This shld be my ideal situation for my dad to cope with. Thanks a lot.

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #5,136 of 6,262
I was wondering how well the front screen protectors are holding up on this player. I know on the tour player it was lifting up a lot around the round button, of course that unit had been through a lot. I've seen a few other pictures that hinted at it lifting too though and that it tends to scratch rather easily. Appreciate any feedback.

Dec 26, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #5,137 of 6,262
I was wondering how well the front screen protectors are holding up on this player. I know on the tour player it was lifting up a lot around the round button, of course that unit had been through a lot. I've seen a few other pictures that hinted at it lifting too though and that it tends to scratch rather easily. Appreciate any feedback.

Mine is just fine. The original.

Dec 26, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #5,138 of 6,262

Did a screen protector come already installed? I never added one... I think there is one in the box somewhere...maybe. In any case, my screen is perfect...as long as I clean it once in a while with a soft cloth. I have never had good luck putting on screen protectors so I avoid them.

Dec 26, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #5,140 of 6,262
I just want to chime in about cayin n3 with the 2.2 firmware.

I swear this firmware on my same computer I had major popping issues with before has solved the popping issue altogether!

I had tried USB DAC mode with the beta USB drivers, and new windows updates but nothing had changed on either of my computers. Now all of a sudden, I have zero popping issues at all, with a generic cable and on a usb 2.0 port as well. Its even usable for gaming, just have to keep the bitrate at normal levels to make sure you have the most lag free experience possible. This is with just built in w10 drivers too. Hiby link iOS is great too! Cayin gave us a nice christmas present here :)

Here's to many more good times with my cayin n3, especially now that I can take mine to school or when traveling, without any problems with music or gaming whatsoever :)

Now onto the final frontier...glass screen protectors for our n3!

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #5,141 of 6,262
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this was already discussed (couldn't find it), but I'm pairing my N3 with a Chord Hugo 2 using Cayin's own usb-c to coaxial cable.
PCM files seem to be recognized as expected (e.g., 24/192 is identified by Hugo), but DSD files are playing with the colour that matches 88.2 or 96 PCM resolution.

Any of you know the cause for this? My SPDIF configuration is set to DoP, and I can't find anything else to configure.

PS: would dsd only be possible through usb?

@CayinSupport , can you help me out?

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #5,142 of 6,262
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this was already discussed (couldn't find it), but I'm pairing my N3 with a Chord Hugo 2 using Cayin's own usb-c to coaxial cable.
PCM files seem to be recognized as expected (e.g., 24/192 is identified by Hugo), but DSD files are playing with the colour that matches 88.2 or 96 PCM resolution.

Any of you know the cause for this? My SPDIF configuration is set to DoP, and I can't find anything else to configure.

PS: would dsd only be possible through usb?

Sorry for the late reply! It indeed seem wired. Would you please double confirm your connection between N3 and Chord Hugo2 and SPDIF setting is on DoP? Are you DSD files DSD64 or DSD128? What is your current firmware of N3? Have you ever reset the N3 before?

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #5,144 of 6,262
I just want to chime in about cayin n3 with the 2.2 firmware.

I swear this firmware on my same computer I had major popping issues with before has solved the popping issue altogether!

I had tried USB DAC mode with the beta USB drivers, and new windows updates but nothing had changed on either of my computers. Now all of a sudden, I have zero popping issues at all, with a generic cable and on a usb 2.0 port as well. Its even usable for gaming, just have to keep the bitrate at normal levels to make sure you have the most lag free experience possible. This is with just built in w10 drivers too. Hiby link iOS is great too! Cayin gave us a nice christmas present here :)

Here's to many more good times with my cayin n3, especially now that I can take mine to school or when traveling, without any problems with music or gaming whatsoever :)

Now onto the final frontier...glass screen protectors for our n3!

Glad to hear that good news!Thanks for choosing Cayin. I hope you can enjoy music and life with our product! Happy New Year to you! :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back