Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Oct 31, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #4,621 of 6,262
That makes good sense to me...if I remember correctly there's no impedance difference between the line out & headphone out, is there? It just basically a gain/volume preset?

The headphone output is a variable output, and the line out is a fixed value output, Both output going through the same signal processing and amplification path.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 31, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #4,622 of 6,262
It should be 6 dB louder. I don't know if it's common practise, but applying -6 dB gain with EQ on makes sense. For example, you can set all the frequencies to +6 dB and it still won't clip. I think that's what Cayin does and I feel like having read it in this thread. Though if limiter/compressor/whatever is used, I don't get the point of it. I mean with -6 dB gain, you are always safe, right? Well, few posts above I mentioned a situation where no gain is applied, but that's a bug. I use 1.2 FW, maybe it's fixed in the newer ones.

Yes but that's what makeup gain is for. You simply crank up the output gain from the EQ. (Although that's normally on pro EQ's.) Although I think it could likely be implemented. Likely on an Android DAP or a future DAP with a clipping indicator.

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #4,623 of 6,262
IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2473.JPG
@Andykong
I just got this Satechi Bluetooth remote. (Mounts to steering wheel or I hang it around my neck like a lanyard.) Do you think we could get Cayin to make something like this but with a wrist strap like a watch? Fiio has a remote like this but they haven't made theirs wrist wearable either. For now I'm considering velcroing mine to a wrist strap. Would be nice to have something like a watchband where the controller fits like a watch into it. (A bit sexier than my DIY Velcro wrist strap)

Even better. How about just a Cayin branded watch with a built in BT remote? Some people have been asking for a clock anyway right? :)

Just FYI if anyone is interested... the Satechi remote works beautifully. Fast Forward/Rewind works too with a hold down.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #4,624 of 6,262

@Andykong
I just got this Satechi Bluetooth remote. (Mounts to steering wheel or I hang it around my neck like a lanyard.) Do you think we could get Cayin to make something like this but with a wrist strap like a watch? Fiio has a remote like this but they haven't made theirs wrist wearable either. For now I'm considering velcroing mine to a wrist strap. Would be nice to have something like a watchband where the controller fits like a watch into it. (A bit sexier than my DIY Velcro wrist strap)

Even better. How about just a Cayin branded watch with a built in BT remote? Some people have been asking for a clock anyway right? :)

Just FYI if anyone is interested... the Satechi remote works beautifully. Fast Forward/Rewind works too with a hold down.

To achieve specific purpose as proposed, we need to design a special housing for the BT module, and that will require plastic molding. This is relatively simple from technology and manufacturing point of view, but involve a very substantial MOQ (minimum order quantity), this is something that goes beyond the supply chain and sales/support of a niche market setup like Cayin, we simply don't have the kind of support system to handle mass consumer based products like this.

If we were to build a watch with BT remote, maybe the priority should go to adding a mobile phone module into our Android DAP, .... this is something I have been daydreaming for months already, but of course our R&D department just asked me to get loss. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #4,625 of 6,262
To achieve specific purpose as proposed, we need to design a special housing for the BT module, and that will require plastic molding. This is relatively simple from technology and manufacturing point of view, but involve a very substantial MOQ (minimum order quantity), this is something that goes beyond the supply chain and sales/support of a niche market setup like Cayin, we simply don't have the kind of support system to handle mass consumer based products like this.

If we were to build a watch with BT remote, maybe the priority should go to adding a mobile phone module into our Android DAP, .... this is something I have been daydreaming for months already, but of course our R&D department just asked me to get loss. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

What about Hibylink app for smartwatches? :)

Ive heard that some smartwatches can control daps already with certain apps but so far Im not sure which cheap chinese smartwatch would do the job well.

But I'd love to just have a wristband with a wrist version of the car steering wheel mount for the Satechi or Fiio remote. :)

I just got the usbc to rca dac cable. Will be using my new satechi to control it remotely. Hibylink is awesome btw. Will be using my android tablet to control it too. Too bad my phone is iOS. I've been emailing Hiby for two months about iOS support. :frowning2:

I've been wondering if the Satechi would fit in this:

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12001882/images/010-12095-30__1.jpg

Might have to glue it. :)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #4,628 of 6,262

if cayin make this happen, I'll definitely gonna sell my current phone

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #4,629 of 6,262
What about Hibylink app for smartwatches? :)

Ive heard that some smartwatches can control daps already with certain apps but so far Im not sure which cheap chinese smartwatch would do the job well.

But I'd love to just have a wristband with a wrist version of the car steering wheel mount for the Satechi or Fiio remote. :)

I just got the usbc to rca dac cable. Will be using my new satechi to control it remotely. Hibylink is awesome btw. Will be using my android tablet to control it too. Too bad my phone is iOS. I've been emailing Hiby for two months about iOS support. :frowning2:

I've been wondering if the Satechi would fit in this:

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12001882/images/010-12095-30__1.jpg

Might have to glue it. :)

The IP of HiByLink is owned by HiByMusic, Cayin is a only a licensed user. I have no clue at all on the limitation and actual development requirement of HiByLink, or whether it is possible to install the HiBy app onto an Android compatible smart watch. You probably need to raise this question to HiBy directly. Maybe you can try the R6 DAP thread, they probably have kept an eye on that thread. :beerchug:

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #4,630 of 6,262

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #4,631 of 6,262
The IP of HiByLink is owned by HiByMusic, Cayin is a only a licensed user. I have no clue at all on the limitation and actual development requirement of HiByLink, or whether it is possible to install the HiBy app onto an Android compatible smart watch. You probably need to raise this question to HiBy directly. Maybe you can try the R6 DAP thread, they probably have kept an eye on that thread. :beerchug:

I have. And I have been for a while. They don't answer emails. :p

All I can do is keep pestering them.

Nov 2, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #4,635 of 6,262
Glad to meet another daydreamer. :grin::grin:

@Andykong :
Since you guys talk about dream lol
I dream very small DAP from cayin, small enough like Bluetooth receiver, no need powerful amp, or display, just Bluetooth and very good DAC,
we can control player with hiby link,..
Put price under 100, im the first who buy it lolz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back