Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
May 17, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,847 of 6,262
My leather case from musicteck just shipped :).

Mine, too :L3000:

jealous.jpg

May 18, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #1,857 of 6,262
Not sure what the issues with the I5 are as I've never used one, but so far in my experience with the N3, there doesn't seem to be any issues that affect my enjoyment of it.

N3 is a totally different chipset, operating system, etc. Not really an apples to apples comparison.

I am not comparing the devices. The specifics of the issues with the i5 is obviously not the point, it is what appears to be a lack of interest and support from Cayin for the i5.

To add speculation, I suspect the lack of interest originates from the issue wirh the i5 / Tidal ( I am not bothered about Tidal ) and they are working on something else.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #1,858 of 6,262
I am not comparing the devices. The specifics of the issues with the i5 is obviously not the point, it is what appears to be a lack of interest and support from Cayin for the i5.

Speaking from personal experience, I have more confidence in Cayin than you do. Right now, I'm using N5, N3, and i5 from Cayin amongst many other DAPs from other manufacturers. None of them are perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and the Cayin DAPs are better than many.

May 18, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #1,859 of 6,262
Looking to get a N3 to pair with my VSD 5s and DT880. Have anyone tried it with Beyer DT880 250ohm?

Also how does it compare to the Shanling M2s?

May 18, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #1,860 of 6,262
Just out of curiosity, and I know it's off topic, but I was wondering what some of you guys do with all these DAPs? I mean often people rattle of a list of 3, 4, 5 or more DAPs that they CURRENTLY use, often with another bunch of DACs and sometimes AMPs they connect them to. I mean, if you have a great DAP, why would you need more? I get you may want one for the road, maybe one for home, but the way some people talk it's like they have different combinations of DAPs, DACs, AMPs and cans for each room! :p

I love my music but struggle to find more than an hour, maybe two a day to really listen. If I had that many DAPs I'd use each of them once a year!

Right, back on topic. Hope to have N3 in hand tomorrow and will share my thoughts and experiences here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back