Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
May 18, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #1,863 of 6,262
I have tried that. No difference. Do I need to reboot after changing settings? What does the folder setting do?

I believe it's the Play through from one Folder to the Next function.
Probably doesn't have anything to do with deleting files.

File permission differences, between your PC, and the embedded Linux running on the DAP, could be the issue.

May 18, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #1,865 of 6,262
Just out of curiosity, and I know it's off topic, but I was wondering what some of you guys do with all these DAPs? I mean often people rattle of a list of 3, 4, 5 or more DAPs that they CURRENTLY use, often with another bunch of DACs and sometimes AMPs they connect them to. I mean, if you have a great DAP, why would you need more? I get you may want one for the road, maybe one for home, but the way some people talk it's like they have different combinations of DAPs, DACs, AMPs and cans for each room! :p

I love my music but struggle to find more than an hour, maybe two a day to really listen. If I had that many DAPs I'd use each of them once a year!

Right, back on topic. Hope to have N3 in hand tomorrow and will share my thoughts and experiences here.

Didn't you know? The person who dies with the most DAPs wins:ksc75smile: (just noticed, we don't have a DAP emoji - mods get on that)

May 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,866 of 6,262
Didn't you know? The person who dies with the most DAPs wins:ksc75smile: (just noticed, we don't have a DAP emoji - mods get on that)

Haha, I get why you'd have more than one or two sets of headphones but to collect DAPs, that I don't get. One day to go! :pray:

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #1,867 of 6,262
I just got my N3. Only issue I am having is I cannot delete files with the player. When i click yes to confirm, I get a "Deletion Failed" message. Can anyone confirm this? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe a setting?

@Andykong - Do you have an answer for @LuckyAce1974 ?

May 18, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #1,868 of 6,262
Haha, I get why you'd have more than one or two sets of headphones but to collect DAPs, that I don't get. One day to go! :pray:

It is our disease. You will be one of us soon.

one of us.gif

May 18, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #1,869 of 6,262
Just out of curiosity, and I know it's off topic, but I was wondering what some of you guys do with all these DAPs? I mean often people rattle of a list of 3, 4, 5 or more DAPs that they CURRENTLY use, often with another bunch of DACs and sometimes AMPs they connect them to. I mean, if you have a great DAP, why would you need more? I get you may want one for the road, maybe one for home, but the way some people talk it's like they have different combinations of DAPs, DACs, AMPs and cans for each room! :p

I love my music but struggle to find more than an hour, maybe two a day to really listen. If I had that many DAPs I'd use each of them once a year!

A couple of years ago I wondered the same thing. Now I have 5 DAPs, and if I get the N3, that will be 6! I`m not sure what happened lol.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #1,870 of 6,262
May 18, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #1,871 of 6,262
Lol! And I had to edit my post because I forgot about one!

May 19, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #1,874 of 6,262

Some of it is just due to 'Head Fi fever'. But some can be due to different usage scenarios. For example, I have a Clip+ (Rockboxed), xduoo X3 (Rockboxed), and 4 iPods (2 6G Nanos and a Rockboxed 5.5 Video). I use the Clip+ or large-capacity iPod nano 6G when working out due to it's size and built-in clip, 1 of the non-Rockboxed iPods is permanently in the car due to USB iPod integration with my head unit, and the X3 whenever I'm not working out or driving in my car. The other iPod Nano (small capacity & junk battery) is reserved exclusively for burning in audio equipment. Finally, the Rockboxed iPod is reserved for when the X3 has a dead battery or is being charged up.

Thinking about it more, it would be a PITA to get by with 1 DAP.

first-world-problems.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back