Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 30, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #721 of 6,262
  I am a man & I ordered cyan too. I am getting mine today. I've always had black smartphones and DAPs and I thought I should have something that looks fun and different.And if I don't like cyan or if it draws too much attention, I can always get the black silicone case (when it becomes available).

exactly 

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #724 of 6,262

I was thinking of getting the cyan as well, I just couldn't quite get there before hitting 'buy'...I was damn close though!

Real men order CYAN 
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #725 of 6,262
I have to say, the Cyan finish is pretty sweet and a nice change.

Hey guys, did anyone else notice that on the packaging there is three place holders for colours, but only two currently available? :wink:

That's a spoiler! :D

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833932/coming-soon-cayin-n3-hi-res-dap-with-akm4490-dac-apt-x-bluetooth-and-line-usb-coax-out-for-under-200/195#post_13319287

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 30, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #726 of 6,262
I ordered my N3 last night. It is CYAN! Why? Because I am a real man. :) The same story. My laptop is black. My headphone is black. My iPhone 5 is black .My iPhone SE is in black case. My kindle is black. Everything on my desk is black. Cyan is easy for me to found the N3.
I order directly from musicteck. It shipped this morning. It's via USPS. It shows it will arrive next Monday. I am living in California.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #727 of 6,262
I ordered my N3 last night. It is CYAN! Why? Because I am a real man.
smily_headphones1.gif
The same story. My laptop is black. My headphone is black. My iPhone 5 is black .My iPhone SE is in black case. My kindle is black. Everything on my desk is black. Cyan is easy for me to found the N3.
I order directly from musicteck. It shipped this morning. It's via USPS. It shows it will arrive next Monday. I am living in California.

Musicteck must be selling a bundle of these. It's where I got mine. Very good people there!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #731 of 6,262
I ordered my N3 last night. It is CYAN! Why? Because I am a real man.
smily_headphones1.gif
The same story. My laptop is black. My headphone is black. My iPhone 5 is black .My iPhone SE is in black case. My kindle is black. Everything on my desk is black. Cyan is easy for me to found the N3.

I hope your delivery date is more accurate than mine.  It was "supposed" to be delivered today. 
frown.gif

Ah, well.  Maybe tomorrow. 
L3000.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #732 of 6,262
First impressions are very positive. Also working flawlessly as an external DAC with my Windows laptop.

Build quality is very good for the most part. The USB-C slot, however, doesn't seem to be perfectly centered. This shouldn't be causing any issues though, hopefully.

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #733 of 6,262
  I just received mine and I love the cyan color. It makes it look different than all the other items on my desk like my black ThinkPad & black phone. 

However, I am not a big fan of the silicone case which looks a different shade of blue.

Does the case have a different hue when on the N3?

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #734 of 6,262
It's for another as yet undecided colour depending on the popularity of the N3, thanks to AndyKong for pointing out my spoiler :grinning:

uh the product page shows 5 colors of case. A hint?

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #735 of 6,262
  Does the case have a different hue when on the N3?

My phone doesn't have a very good camera, so it's hard to show it but yeah the case has a different hue when on the N3. But it is hard to notice it in dim light. The only place you can notice that is the area surrounding the USB-C slot and the 3.5mm jack. The case covers everything else. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back