Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 1, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #182 of 6,262
I'm totally confused now...

Just ignore the suggested headphone impedance to drive.  They can say whatever they want, it will make sound. But how good it can drive, one has to try. It not only depends on the headphone impedance and sensitivity, but also the DAP's voltage.

Don't believe these budget DAPs can drive 300-600 ohm headphones. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #184 of 6,262
N3 use bluetooth 4.0 with apt-X. Enables lossless music transmission over a wireless connection, apt-X is superior with wider bandwidth, shorter delay, better error correction and most important fidelity audio reproduction.

Not only connect with apt-X Bluetooth device, N3 but also compatible with other low-level Bluetooth audio equipment.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 3, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #190 of 6,262
Just ignore the suggested headphone impedance to drive.  They can say whatever they want, it will make sound. But how good it can drive, one has to try. It not only depends on the headphone impedance and sensitivity, but also the DAP's voltage.

Don't believe these budget DAPs can drive 300-600 ohm headphones. 

I think it's due to Internal Amp effiency. Or something else. Idk.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #191 of 6,262
Andy, how much would it cost in hong Kong ? And where can I get one? Do u mind if I PM you? Thanks

Sorry, I am taking care of oversee markets but Hong Kong is not considered as "oversee" region, so I am not the involved in this region. I guess you have to wait for the formal announcement from Hong Kong distributor. From past experience, HK retail will be AROUND 5% - 7% on top of retail price in China domestic market.

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #192 of 6,262
CayinSupport, could you please answer if there are full bluetooth functionality like in shanling m1 or hidizs ap60, can it transfer BT signal via usb or coax ?

I am CayinSupport (weekend version)! :D

HeadFi has strict instruction that we can't comment or direct compare against competing products, so we can't respond to your questions directly.

Regarding BT signal via USB or Coax., I am not sure I understand exactly what you mean, do you refer to using N3 as a BT receiver for a DAC?

I haven't tested this feature in person, but I guess its unlikely because the BT implementation of N3 is designed around local playback concept, it will playback local music to BT device, or receive from from BT device for local playback, it won't output in digital bitstream form, so it can't "redirect" the music file from remote BT device to external DAC (connected to N3).

I couldn't understand this scenario, would appreciate if you explain the reason behind this feature. Assuming your remote BT source is a mobile phone, and you want to play a file from your phone to your DAC. In this case, why not connect your mobile phone to DAC directly? Most mobile phones can output digital bitstream and can serve as a digital source to a DAC nowadays. This is definitely more reliable then BT connection and you can playback 24Bit/96kHz or even DSD64 files because the bandwidth is significantly higher when compare to BTv4.0 with apt-X.

If this is indeed an important feature to our customers, I can propose a feasibility check on this feature with N3.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #194 of 6,262
CayinSupport, could you please answer if there are full bluetooth functionality like in shanling m1 or hidizs ap60, can it transfer BT signal via usb or coax ?

Do you mean can N3 receive and transmit Bluetooth? Like can you receive songs from your phone and playback through N3?

And are you also asking whether you have USB out feature, so you can hook up to a DAC like Mojo?

It is pretty important, for me at least that I can stream Spotify/Google Play Music from my Android phone to the player wirelessly.

Andykong and I chatted a bit about this behind the scenes, and the scary is a definite *I think so*, lol. I have Shanling M1 and was also curious if N3 would have BT receiver feature. At first I was told no, but then I think that Andy said it was just a limitation of the engineering sample I received and that the production units will indeed have BT receiver feature.

Andykong - Can you please confirm?

And a hearty headfi welcome to CayinSupport!

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #195 of 6,262
It is pretty important, for me at least that I can stream Spotify/Google Play Music from my Android phone to the player wirelessly.

N3 has duplex Bluetooth, so you can stream Spotify/Google Play Music from your Android phone to N3 through BT v4.0 aptX and listen to headphones connected to N3. What I just explained is you cannot stream it to N3 and then connect N3 to an external DAC via Coaxial or USB Audio output, and listen to Spotify via the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back