Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Feb 15, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #106 of 6,262
I'll also echo the questions bout blind navigation.

Say you're blindfolded, shackled to the bed. God-awful pop music torturing your soul. How easy is it to make it go away?

Very easy. Press the power button for a few seconds. The song will be gone easy-peasy :rofl:

But seriously, stuff like skipping songs, play/pause, volume, power are all easy due to the physical buttons on either side of the N3 which are easy to reach. I haven't really tried blindly navigating my music collection, though. That's not something I do. If I want to change albums, I want to see the screen so I choose the right album. Does that answer your question?

The DAP seems very interesting indeed! Packed with functionality, a fantastic DAC chip, compact, good battery life, plus a reasonably low price tag.
So hopefully also a good amp stage and well implemented... Looking forward to read the impression of @nmatheis

Nik,

Inquiring minds want initial impressions!

Soon, bros...

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #107 of 6,262
Very easy. Press the power button for a few seconds. The song will be gone easy-peasy :rofl:

But seriously, stuff like skipping songs, play/pause, volume, power are all easy due to the physical buttons on either side of the N3 which are easy to reach. I haven't really tried blindly navigating my music collection, though. That's not something I do. If I want to change albums, I want to see the screen so I choose the right album. Does that answer your question?

Soon, bros...

Pretty much answers that for me. The touch buttons had me cringing, but if everything (the important stuff, anyways) can be dealt with using real buttons…
Cheers

Now hurry with the impressions
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #109 of 6,262
Pretty much answers that for me. The touch buttons had me cringing, but if everything (the important stuff, anyways) can be dealt with using real buttons…
Cheers

Now hurry with the impressions:D  

Yes, all transport controls have physical buttons for blind operation. If it only had the capacitive controls, blind operation would be quite difficult.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #110 of 6,262
Yes, all transport controls have physical buttons for blind operation. If it only had the capacitive controls, blind operation would be quite difficult.

I feel it is a great idea to have capacitive buttons for navigation and physical buttons for volume control and track skipping. I have a Xuelin iHifi770C which is impossible to operate blindly. But the folder/setting navigation is very easy because of the capacitive buttons and I prefer them to physical wheels in the Fiio X1 1st gen.

Well done Cayin.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #112 of 6,262
One of the other features of this device I'm interested in learning about is how the syncing process works after copying music from your PC to the device. Does it work like Fiio's X1  where the device will have to scan and update it's library before you see all the music in its appropriate locations on the device or do all of the tracks appear in the proper location as your syncing them from your computer (like Apple's Ipod)?

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #116 of 6,262
Would like to know more about the sound sig Nik, how'd you compare this to say a Shanling M2 or the Aune M1s?

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #117 of 6,262
Would like to know more about the sound sig Nik, how'd you compare this to say a Shanling M2 or the Aune M1s?

He said he should have a video up this weekend so fingers crossed that will cover sound a little bit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back