Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #46 of 6,262
Hey, glad you stopped by to say hi to Andy & crew and to try out the N3!

Yeah. He was really helpful with all of the DAPs available. I loved the N3, N6 and i5 the most. :smile:

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #49 of 6,262
I must admit it's a tempting little Dap with everything it has to offer.  Not sure if I can convince myself to pick it up or if I already have enough for now.

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #51 of 6,262
  I must admit it's a tempting little Dap with everything it has to offer.  Not sure if I can convince myself to pick it up or if I already have enough for now.

I would have to see it first before I make up my mind but for now I am very interested in it. Never heard of this brand until someone mentioned it in another thread. I'd be curious to see how this will fair compared to the Fiio X1 gen 2.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #52 of 6,262

I would have to see it first before I make up my mind but for now I am very interested in it. Never heard of this brand until someone mentioned it in another thread. I'd be curious to see how this will fair compared to the Fiio X1 gen 2.

Yes, I was wondering how it might compare to the Fiio X1ii also...It seems to offer a lot for the price.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #53 of 6,262
Yes, I was wondering how it might compare to the Fiio X1ii also...It seems to offer a lot for the price.

I've given up on the X1II. I think by the time they getting working correctly it'll be time for the third gen to come out. Cayin is just as active on these boards as FiiO, but they also seem quicker to fix any issues that users are having. Hopefully this turns out good. I'm looking forward to hearing impressions once it hits the market.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #54 of 6,262
I've given up on the X1II. I think by the time they getting working correctly it'll be time for the third gen to come out. Cayin is just as active on these boards as FiiO, but they also seem quicker to fix any issues that users are having. Hopefully this turns out good. I'm looking forward to hearing impressions once it hits the market.

Yeah the X1ii could have been alot better and it might still get better but how long will it be? I've heard of Cayin but never really looked very closely at any of their DAPs but it's good to know it isn't their first one and it's nice to see another DAP in this price range. I'm going to keep watching this one and looking forward to hearing impressions too.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #55 of 6,262

Yeah the X1ii could have been alot better and it might still get better but how long will it be? I've heard of Cayin but never really looked very closely at any of their DAPs but it's good to know it isn't their first one and it's nice to see another DAP in this price range. I'm going to keep watching this one and looking forward to hearing impressions too.

Cayin > Fiio

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #56 of 6,262

I'm interested in how the device functions. Coming from an Ipod Classic and a Fiio X1 I'm use to the wheel. However with a previous firmware update for the X1, I'm been finding myself not relying on the wheel as much to find the songs that I'm looking for. That's one of the reason why I'm interested in seeing how the handling of this device will work. I'm also curious as to how well the bluetooth works. The pairing currently seems to be an issue with the X1 2nd gen as some users have reported.

On a side note, what third party media players are Cayin DAPs compatible with, MediaMonkey?

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #58 of 6,262
I'm interested in how the device functions. Coming from an Ipod Classic and a Fiio X1 I'm use to the wheel. However with a previous firmware update for the X1, I'm been finding myself not relying on the wheel as much to find the songs that I'm looking for. That's one of the reason why I'm interested in seeing how the handling of this device will work. I'm also curious as to how well the bluetooth works. The pairing currently seems to be an issue with the X1 2nd gen as some users have reported.

On a side note, what third party media players are Cayin DAPs compatible with, MediaMonkey?

I'm pretty sure Cayin is like FiiO and everything is copy and paste. I've always used Windows media player to sync files onto my cards with my FiiOs. I have no experience with Cayin other than reading through the topics on head-fi, but from what I gather, transferring files is the same as it is for FiiO. I only know of a couple DAPs that have their own media/player software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back