Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Jan 31, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #18 of 6,262
the design looks surprisingly boring for a Cayin DAP. Interesting though that they will put Bluetooth 4.0 with AptX into it which they couldn't for
the i5. Seems strange to me.

Yup, I have to admit that this doesn't look much like a Cayin DAP. They usually have a more daring design aesthetic.

Regarding apt-X, I'd chalk it up to experience and be happy that they're learning to better meet user expectations. Just my two cents...

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #19 of 6,262
What you mean, bro?
If I could use Music App players on it, that would have been my must buy. A tiny player with music apps.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #20 of 6,262
So they used i5 customers as guinea pigs to find out what to put in the next DAPs?

It should not be too surprising for a DAP manufacturer that people might want AptX? But well, they also found it stunning news
that people think gapless playback is a relevant feature...

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #22 of 6,262
If I could use Music App players on it, that would have been my must buy. A tiny player with music apps.

Ahh, yes. I get it now. The autocorrect to "hand" threw me off.

So they used i5 customers as guinea pigs to find out what to put in the next DAPs?

It should not be too surprising for a DAP manufacturer that people might want AptX? But well, they also found it stunning news
that people think gapless playback is a relevant feature...

Could they have done a wee bit more market research for i5? Yup, no doubt. Should we fault the N3 for that? Nope, I don't think so. Let's try and keep the discussion about the N3 and not what you found lacking in i5, please.

Looks more like the FIIO x3 2 (or the upcoming version 3) or the Shanling M2 vs a Shanling m1. Suspect it will sound great. A baby i5

I'd say more of a baby N5.

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #23 of 6,262
the design looks surprisingly boring for a Cayin DAP. Interesting though that they will put Bluetooth 4.0 with AptX into it which they couldn't for
the i5. Seems strange to me.

Because this is not an Android DAP. This is our entry model to N series, a smaller brother of N5, running SoC with Linux core, no touch screen, and back to the N-5/N6 type interface.

We shall provide more information of N3 after the CanJam NYC, and a full announcement with technical framework will be available towards end of February.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back