Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Feb 4, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #32 of 6,262
  At $150 it replaces the FIIO X3II almost for sure.

At $150 it will definitely replace the FiiO X3ii for sure, even the Shanling M1 due to the specs it has and the AKM AK4490. Size wise the M1 is still smaller I believe. Very interesting DAP Cayin, keep on the good work, the N3 might not look like a Cayin DAP aesthetically but I'm sure it will sound very good, I will have an eye on sound impressions of it.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #33 of 6,262
At $150 it will definitely replace the FiiO X3ii for sure, even the Shanling M1 due to the specs it has and the AKM AK4490. Size wise the M1 is still smaller I believe. Very interesting DAP Cayin, keep on the good work, the N3 might not look like a Cayin DAP aesthetically but I'm sure it will sound very good, I will have an eye on sound impressions of it.

Yes, I'm really looking forward to trying N3 out. AK4490 is a great DAC when implemented well, and the price point is solid.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #37 of 6,262
I just put up a Press Release regarding N3 DAP, and I can announce the official Suggest Retail Price of N3 DAP now. At US$149.99, the N3 will be available in domestic (China) market on 6 March 2017, and tentatively the N3 will expect to hit US and Asian market by early April, 2017;

Check out the Press Release if you are interested in the N3 DAP.

The new N3 is on displayed at CanJam NYC 2017 from from 4th to 5th February 2017. We have also demo our complete line of Personal Audio products at the CanJam, and display an iDAP-6 Network player prototype that will expand the iDAC-6 and iHA-6 duo into a more comprehensive desktop system. If you are happen to attend the CanJam NYC, please drop by and check out the most comprehensive display of Cayin HeadFi product so far. Click HERE to find out more about our CanJam NYC display.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 5, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #40 of 6,262
LINK to official announcement plus update to first post with pricing at $149.99.

Can't wait to give this little guy a listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Bloody hell, Nik. Just when I thought the M1S was the way to go, you show up with something new
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #42 of 6,262
Anyone attending CanJam NY should stop by and say hi to @Andykong and team. I met them at CanJam RMAF. Super nice guys!

@Andykong is one of the nicest and politest guys I had a chance to meet at CanJam NYC.  And so was Andrew of MusicTeck, Cayin's official US distributor.  Really ashamed I have been there (at CanJam) for a whole day, enjoyed it a lot, and hardly took any pictures
frown.gif
  I was all geared up to take pictures and notes, but on Day 1 just end up visiting different tables, meeting and talking to manufacturers, and demoing a few products.  Day 2 would have been perfect for picture taking, but unfortunately I already had other plans.

Btw, N3 sounds pretty good for a little guy
wink.gif
 Very spacious and musical sound.  Interesting touch controls on the front (besides hardware buttons along the sides, and big round Select button on the front), a very clever implementation of haptic feedback with those 4 touch buttons.  Of course, fw is still work in progress, but already showing high potentials.  And if I understood correctly, Andy can confirm it, in addition to OTG support from usb-c connector, it will also support digital out to use N3 as a transport.  DAP market is very competitive now, and I think N3 is priced just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back