Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Apr 17, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,366 of 6,262
Must compliment Andrew at Musicteck. I asked him a question about availability of the N3, and sent a helpful answer explaining the delay in Hong Kong almost instantaneously on the weekend.

I am a sucker for great service and look forward to being his customer.

Andrew actually understands customer service is not just a phrase.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #1,368 of 6,262
Got mine from Music Tech, because that was the only place on amazon. Good to know that they're good folks and an official cayin dealer.

Funny quick story, when I got my opus #1 I put an msd card in it that had most of my music on it. Well when I scanned it all these crazy artists came up along with my music- amy grant, Willie Nelson, aaron nevel- stuff just I wouldn't listen to.

I though it was just a database problem with the opus or the card had errors, the artists wouldn't show up under the PC folder
browser. So I just used a smaller card and set that one aside.

Well last night with my indesgestion keeping me up :) I decided to fix errors on the card. I popped it in the N3 and still all these goofy artists like Perry homo and such popped up. I'm thinking What, were did all these songs come from?

Then I realized they were all Christmas songs hmmm, then I remembered! I couldn't play my Christmas music dvds on my ps4 so I made a 'music' folder on said card (because you have to with sony) and copied all our Christmas music to it. Time life christmas, Now that's what I call Christmas, Kenny g Christmas, the nutcracker and on and on.

Lol so I just moved the folder on to another card and I'm all set, mystery solved!

As homer would say,

Dohhhhhhhhhhhh!

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #1,369 of 6,262
Got mine from Music Tech, because that was the only place on amazon. Good to know that they're good folks and an official cayin dealer.

Funny quick story, when I got my opus #1 I put an msd card in it that had most of my music on it. Well when I scanned it all these crazy artists came up along with my music- amy grant, Willie Nelson, aaron nevel- stuff just I wouldn't listen to.

I though it was just a database problem with the opus or the card had errors, the artists wouldn't show up under the PC folder
browser. So I just used a smaller card and set that one aside.

Well last night with my indesgestion keeping me up
smily_headphones1.gif
I decided to fix errors on the card. I popped it in the N3 and still all these goofy artists like Perry homo and such popped up. I'm thinking What, were did all these songs come from?

Then I realized they were all Christmas songs hmmm, then I remembered! I couldn't play my Christmas music dvds on my ps4 so I made a 'music' folder on said card (because you have to with sony) and copied all our Christmas music to it. Time life christmas, Now that's what I call Christmas, Kenny g Christmas, the nutcracker and on and on.

Lol so I just moved the folder on to another card and I'm all set, mystery solved!

As homer would say,

Dohhhhhhhhhhhh!

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,371 of 6,262
  Excellent, I love eggs. I'd suck them straight from the back of a chicken given the chance
biggrin.gif

Just hang around Guy Fieri and he'll let you have all his eggs
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,372 of 6,262
  I am really happy with the firmware v1 and the synergy with Puresounds ps100-600. Should I upgrade to v1.1? I have seen battery life complaints here, so is there anything which will significantly improve for me if I upgrade?

I'd update to v1.1 without a thought. Replaygain is very useful as well as the few fixes. There isn't a battery life issue with 1.1, it was just a new battery learning it's calibration curve.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #1,374 of 6,262
Basil: Look, uh, go and get me a hammer. 

Manuel: Uh, como? 

Basil: Hammer. 

Manuel: Hammer, oh... Oh, hamma sandwich! 

Basil: Oh, do I have to go through this every time? Look, a HAMMER. 

Manuel: My hamster? 

Basil: No, not your hamster. How could I knock a nail in with your hamster? Well... I could try, no, it doesn't... No, I'll get it. You come here and tidy. You know - tidy? 

Manuel: Oh, tidy. Si. 

Basil: [walking away] Yes, I'll get hkhammer and hkhit you on the hkhead with it hkhard.

lol

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #1,376 of 6,262
  Basil: Look, uh, go and get me a hammer. 
Manuel: Uh, como? 
Basil: Hammer. 
Manuel: Hammer, oh... Oh, hamma sandwich! 
Basil: Oh, do I have to go through this every time? Look, a HAMMER. 
Manuel: My hamster? 
Basil: No, not your hamster. How could I knock a nail in with your hamster? Well... I could try, no, it doesn't... No, I'll get it. You come here and tidy. You know - tidy? 
Manuel: Oh, tidy. Si. 
Basil: [walking away] Yes, I'll get hkhammer and hkhit you on the hkhead with it hkhard.

Are you someone else who received the "Fawlty Towers" book of scripts, as a premium for supporting your local PBS TV Station, back in the early '90s?  
wink_face.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #1,377 of 6,262

Are you someone else who received the "Fawlty Towers" book of scripts, as a premium for supporting your local PBS TV Station, back in the early '90s?  
wink_face.gif

I already had it by then....and the DVDs

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,379 of 6,262
M1 is a wee bit bigger than a postage stamp, lol. It is really small and immensely pocketable, though with "just good enough" sound.
No ham here. Been a vegetarian for 25 years now
L3000.gif

Is the Colorfly C3 better than the M1? Sounds like it.

Vegetarian 17-18 years here. I've lost count of the exact start date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back