Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Apr 15, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #1,336 of 6,262
I have the blue DR7, which is a beautiful pearlescent type blue with just a hint of purple mixed in.

I think that's the colour I had, a colour like that would look great on the N3 with the black buttons as accents.

Remember their slogan 'from sharp minds come Sharp products'? Good stuff. I think a cool tech would be to have a coating on a product that would change colours just by thinking of them. Ha ha

Any colour you like :wink:

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #1,337 of 6,262
  I agree, but as rough as I am with things, the beautiful player would show a lot of scratches and missing paint quickly. I'd rather keep her nice for longer but the silicone doesn't do the trick as it's constantly getting pulled off the player.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #1,339 of 6,262
The Cayin N3 review is done, published on my blog HERE, and next week will go live on Head-fi.  Lots of stuff covered, including comparison with 8 daps and pair-up test with 12 earphones/headphones, as well as different wired and wireless connections, all together with over 50 pictures.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #1,340 of 6,262
The Cayin N3 review is done, published on my blog HERE, and next week will go live on Head-fi.  Lots of stuff covered, including comparison with 8 daps and pair-up test with 12 earphones/headphones, as well as different wired and wireless connections, all together with over 50 pictures.

Or you could watch my extremely lo-fi (and somewhat rambling) video two posts up, lol :p

C'mon hipsters, show me some love...

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #1,341 of 6,262

Excellent read! I totally agree on your comparisons to x3ii and x5iii. N3 really surprised me with it's sound quality.

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #1,343 of 6,262
Or you could watch my extremely lo-fi (and somewhat rambling) video two posts up, lol
tongue.gif

C'mon hipsters, show me some love...

They can read? I thought they were too cool for that.

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #1,347 of 6,262
I haven't read Alex's review yet, but I can only imagine he prefers N3 to the aforementioned FiiO DAPs...

Yes sir, I've got both the fiios and I hear exactly the same things when comparing them to the N3.

I also watched your vid and it was very interesting-actually makes me want an I5, plus you get big bonus points for liking the same N3 theme ha ha, and Huge bonus points for being a Rush fan :) Good stuff Nic.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #1,348 of 6,262
Ha! Ya, I get it...but, they're too cool for that too. They've got their 5D Mk IV out creating video instead!

Oly micro 4/3 FTW, yo!!!

B
Yes sir, I've got both the fiios and I hear exactly the same things when comparing them to the N3.

I also watched your vid and it was very interesting-actually makes me want an I5, plus you get big bonus points for liking the same N3 theme ha ha, and Huge bonus points for being a Rush fan :) Good stuff Nic.

Gracias, Senor!

And congrats for making it through my rambling video, lol :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back