Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Apr 2, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #887 of 6,262

@Andykong : I have a suggestion based on our latest thread discussion regarding enabling/disabling buttons and accidental triggering while in your pocket.  If Cayin can release N3 case with a cutout for buttons on the left/right sides, it should solve this problem without a need to disable buttons.  When buttons are covered (silicone case) or device is naked in your pocket, it's easy to trigger them.  When you have a cutout around the buttons, they become recessed and you have to poke your finger through to push them.  A very simple solution, the same way how it was implemented in i5 case, which looks elegant and relative cheap (meaning the price) 
wink.gif

I agree that would be a perfect case...but I'd like to see the hole for the card slot covered up to give it more protection from dust and accidental ejection via shock.

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #891 of 6,262

Hi,
You can get one (or pre-order, it is not very clear) at Audiogarden (http://audiogarden.fr) in Paris. At a fair price IMHO. I am planning to go there next week to test the N3 with my headphones.
Bon w-e

Hi, do you, or anyone fluent in French, know if Audiogarden ships to outside of France (the Netherlands). Or perhaps another place that has the N3 for the same price? Want to buy!
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #893 of 6,262
  @Andykong : I have a suggestion based on our latest thread discussion regarding enabling/disabling buttons and accidental triggering while in your pocket.  If Cayin can release N3 case with a cutout for buttons on the left/right sides, it should solve this problem without a need to disable buttons.  When buttons are covered (silicone case) or device is naked in your pocket, it's easy to trigger them.  When you have a cutout around the buttons, they become recessed and you have to poke your finger through to push them.  A very simple solution, the same way how it was implemented in i5 case, which looks elegant and relative cheap (meaning the price) 
wink.gif

Lock is a basic feature and I would like to see it implemented in future updates. I and many like me who don't like covers will need that.

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #895 of 6,262
  Yeah they do! And it is free!
I have ordered 1 item before.
Sadly the Cayin N3 is on back-order @Audiogarden.

Hope this helps!

I've just bought my N3 on Audiogarder 5min ago, i sent them an email last saturday, this is their answer :

Malheureusement une succession d'événements a retardé la livraison de notre stock à ce lundi 03/04.

Nous mettrons le site à jour dès réception du stock

Good luck ! just kidding, they basically say that they had some issues with the stock but they are supposed to receive it today :)

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #896 of 6,262
@Andykong
Please, fix that I can delete the folder without turn on the "folder operation" in settings. As I am guessing "the folder operation" future is for moving to the next folder without stoping in the the end of the previous folder.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #897 of 6,262
Hmmmm. Well, that's annoying. I just discovered that the N3 forgets that it's in line-out mode if it times out (goes to sleep) and then it resumes in headphone mode even though it's still connected to my amp.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #898 of 6,262
Hmmmm. Well, that's annoying. I just discovered that the N3 forgets that it's in line-out mode if it times out (goes to sleep) and then it resumes in headphone mode even though it's still connected to my amp.

I like that feature because if you're using line out for a speaker and then want to use earphones again and you forget to switch it back to headphone out you don't get blasted with music at full volume.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #899 of 6,262

I like that feature because if you're using line out for a speaker and then want to use earphones again and you forget to switch it back to headphone out you don't get blasted with music at full volume.

Indeed, I think it's a safety feature to protect your ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back