Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 11, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #5,451 of 6,262
Huh. Mine's been rock-solid.
I presume you're not using the stock cable, right?

Replacing the cable was one of the first suggestions I followed troubleshooting this with Andy. No difference. RMA'd it, got a M2s instead and it does the same thing. There's just something these about these devices that don't like certain computers (nobody has been able to figure what the issue is yet)

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #5,452 of 6,262
Hi eaglesgift, sorry for the late reply! This is indeed my fault. I kept an close eye in N5ii thread but forgot N3 thread last week. I apologized for my omission. I will keep following the N3 thread again. And I hope your issue can be handled by the local distributor smoothly. Besides, if you have a urgent issue but get no reply in the thread, you can send it to community@cayin.cn to get through to me quickly afterwards.Have a nice day!
Could you tell me how long it normally takes to process warranty claims? I asked the local distributor if they could tell me how long it would take and they said, "Sure, I sent it off last Friday". Does that mean they have to send the unit to you in China? I was hoping they would deal with it locally to be honest.

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #5,453 of 6,262
Hi Andy

I´m very intrigued by the N3 in this capability to read from external HDDs. Can you confirm that this method works with all HDDs? Theres no limitation on HDD manufacturers or certain controllers?
Whats the most N3 friendly format (read speed etc)? FAT/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS - Asking because my HDD is blank right now and I´m going to be dedicating it for music so I can give it the adequate format before copying the music on there
Is there an upper limit to HDD size that it can read (2TB maximum for example)
And lastly, as far as directory structure goes is there a limitation to how many levels down it can go while reading? Does it show the directory structure as one loads in Windows Explorer or just loads all the music unsorted?

Cheers
Theoretically N3 can only handle upto 2TB through OTG storage.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 12, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #5,454 of 6,262
Could you tell me how long it normally takes to process warranty claims? I asked the local distributor if they could tell me how long it would take and they said, "Sure, I sent it off last Friday". Does that mean they have to send the unit to you in China? I was hoping they would deal with it locally to be honest.

We are sorry for the trouble you have to go through. Unless the repair involves a special part that is not readily available, we should be able to complete the repair process within 7 days after we receive the items. We’ll try our best to shorten the repair period and send out the repaired item ASAP.

Last edited:

Mar 12, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #5,455 of 6,262
Theoretically N3 can only handle upto 2TB through OTG storage.

I am about to get a 256GB microSD card and was wondering how everyone is handling the navigation.
Drill down by artist-album-song is OK, but the Genre only gives a list of song titles, which is utterly useless even with a relatively small number of songs, let alone with 500CDs on a 256GB card.

Which ways are you using to navigate a big library?

Mar 12, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #5,456 of 6,262
We will repair it quickly and send to you ASAP after we receive your N3. Really sorry for the trouble caused!
Never mind....it appears they already sent it back to me....they just didn't bother to tell me so I missed the postman. Oh well, I can pick it up tomorrow from the post office in town. Not sure if they've repaired or replaced it. Thank you for your help anyway. Hopefully I won't have any more problems.

Mar 12, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #5,457 of 6,262
I am about to get a 256GB microSD card and was wondering how everyone is handling the navigation.
Drill down by artist-album-song is OK, but the Genre only gives a list of song titles, which is utterly useless even with a relatively small number of songs, let alone with 500CDs on a 256GB card.

I classified my songs by artist in my TF card. And go to the music library->TF card->select the artist I named before and confirm the song I want to listen.

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #5,459 of 6,262

I use folder view because I prefer to listen to full albums and because I sometimes use OTG with a flash drive.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #5,460 of 6,262
I use folder view because I prefer to listen to full albums and because I sometimes use OTG with a flash drive.

Thanks for the repy!
The folder view is certainly a workaround, could also be used to manually create "Genre-Folders" and the dig deeper.

But what I really want is to use the Genre information from my iTunes library as a first level filter, and only then dig down by artist, album and song.
I am realizing that it sounds easier than it is, but the challenge is that when I have 500 CDs on the SD card, it becomes quite diffcult to manage without a clever filtering method...
I'll think about it a little more how it could really work and post it as a wish for future firmware or HiBy App features,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back