Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #4,141 of 6,262
So far so good. Got it set up and updated. Cable works both for charging and file transfers. Power button definitely feels more responsive.in fact I think all the buttons including the touch ons are more responsive. Is that possible? Maybe I am imagining it. Anyway, I connected some new IEMs that arrived a few hours before the player and have been enjoying my music.

Does the cable allow the N3 to work as an external DAC on your computer? Mine does, but some folk had problems, at least with some of the earlier ones.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #4,142 of 6,262
I have a request for N3 UI.

Can you make it able to change folder using hard button?

I always use N3 on the journey, and most of the time using it by touch (screen off).

I want to be able to change music folder by pressing button. (I mostly use folder mode)

Maybe double click NEXT button change to next folder and double click PREV button change to previous folder.

Please consider.

Thanks..

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #4,143 of 6,262
Does the cable allow the N3 to work as an external DAC on your computer? Mine does, but some folk had problems, at least with some of the earlier ones.

I don't know as I have no reason to try that. I already have a dac/amp as part of my desktop setup. Windows7 PC running Foobar2000 to the dac/amp which has a headphone jack and rca outputs to a little amp that powers my desktop speakers.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #4,147 of 6,262
Can someone clear this up for me? The literature for the N3 says you cant use BT headphones while using Hibylink. Do they mean while you are streaming songs stored in the phone or when just using the phone to control the DAP? (or BOTH?) I really wanted to use my wireless earbuds while using Hibylink to control the DAP playlists. I ordered it 2 days ago. Now I'm worried. :frowning2:

Hi, I don't have a BT headphone at my disposal now so I can't test the problem you raised personally. But I have inquired with our engineer regarding your issue and they said we could use BT headphone while using Hibylink. Besides, Hibylink just can control the DAP and cannot stream songs stored in the phone.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 13, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #4,148 of 6,262
I have a request for N3 UI.

Can you make it able to change folder using hard button?

I always use N3 on the journey, and most of the time using it by touch (screen off).

I want to be able to change music folder by pressing button. (I mostly use folder mode)

Maybe double click NEXT button change to next folder and double click PREV button change to previous folder.

Please consider.

Thanks..

Hi, one button cannot have multiple functions and it may cause logistic conflict. Right now, keep holding the PREV hard button will resume the N3 to the main menu, so the N3 hard button cannot be used to change folder.

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #4,152 of 6,262
Thanks... this is a great sounding little player i am presently surprised ...it is such a good match with my oppo pm3..and one thing i like is that the firmware is stable

Sep 13, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #4,153 of 6,262
Three red things were delivered yesterday!!! Loving the red. Don't miss the blue (I thought I would). It was definitely defective. All the buttons on this are more responsive, and the cable works properly.

The case does not really look that orange. I should have gotten out my other camera It is more the color that the watch appears in this photo. The watch is actually a truer red and the buds match the color of the player itself pretty closely. Mostly I am just happy that everything is working as it should.

I left the buds burning in all night. After 13 hours the player suggested I charge it. It was at 15%. It took just over 2 hours to get it charged back to 100%. Not bad. I think the old cable affected the charge time as well. I remember it taking over three hours.

R0012666.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4,154 of 6,262
So far so good. Got it set up and updated. Cable works both for charging and file transfers. Power button definitely feels more responsive.in fact I think all the buttons including the touch ons are more responsive. Is that possible? Maybe I am imagining it. Anyway, I connected some new IEMs that arrived a few hours before the player and have been enjoying my music.

That's good news, sincerely hope you can enjoy your music with N3, hopefully the returned Cyan N3 will also turns out alright.

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #4,155 of 6,262
https://www.facebook.com/events/1533491470077410

We have packed and will proceed to the Guangzhou AV Fair 2017 early tomorrow morning, This is the largest AV Show in Southern part of China, Cayin will host three rooms to showcase our traditional HiFi and Personal Audio products. Basically the full Cayin front-line team will attend this event so we might not be answer any question till mid next week. Please pardon for the delay. Cayin Guangzhou AV Fair 2017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back