Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Aug 18, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #3,601 of 6,262
Here's the link of MusicLover thread's that have the same issue with me , the difference that's i have mostly Flac in different resolution , MP3 , Ogg vorbis , PCM , and a few DSD files ! : https://www.head-fi.org/search/1842235/ By now the problem is not solved ! Sorry for my English , it is not my native language . Thanks
You still haven't provided any more info than before. You say you have all kinds of formats. Do they all pop? If so, give us some examples. If not, then which ones do?

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #3,602 of 6,262
You still haven't provided any more info than before. You say you have all kinds of formats. Do they all pop? If so, give us some examples. If not, then which ones do?
They all pop with all MODE ! shuffle , continuos , repeat , album , all music , replay gain on ,off , gapless on or off .......... ! With all format , all resolution !

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #3,603 of 6,262
They all pop with all MODE ! shuffle , continuos , repeat , album , all music , replay gain on ,off , gapless on or off .......... ! With all format , all resolution !
Are you using category or library mode? Library mode would be what I am referring to when I say folder browsing and is the folder icon on the main screen of the N3. Category would be the one with the musical not icon. Going by your other post above, it sounds like you are using multiple formats of lossless and lossy formats. I recall reading that you will hear a pop between tracks of different formats early on in this thread, but for the life of me I can't find it now. You might try formatting the card in the N3 which will put it to fat32. If you have an album in one format, try listening to it in library mode and see if you still get the pops. Other than what I suggested, wait for Cayin to respond.

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #3,604 of 6,262
Are you using category or library mode? Library mode would be what I am referring to when I say folder browsing and is the folder icon on the main screen of the N3. Category would be the one with the musical not icon. Going by your other post above, it sounds like you are using multiple formats of lossless and lossy formats. I recall reading that you will hear a pop between tracks of different formats early on in this thread, but for the life of me I can't find it now. You might try formatting the card in the N3 which will put it to fat32. If you have an album in one format, try listening to it in library mode and see if you still get the pops. Other than what I suggested, wait for Cayin to respond.
Album in one format pop ! Have just format another card (Sandisc Ultra 128gb) in Fat32 and fill with about 70 gb files : pop ! no matter what mode ! pop , pop pop ! But don't worry , i have found the solution , return the unit and will see if i stay with the N3 not ! Thanks a lot to you . Regards

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #3,605 of 6,262
Album in one format pop ! Have just format another card (Sandisc Ultra 128gb) in Fat32 and fill with about 70 gb files : pop ! no matter what mode ! pop , pop pop ! But don't worry , i have found the solution , return the unit and will see if i stay with the N3 not ! Thanks a lot to you . Regards
Sounds like you won't even try to help us help you and that you have your mind already made about returning it. Good luck.

Aug 19, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #3,607 of 6,262
I've encountered a minor Firmware bug (vers 2.1) when browsing folders containing a large number of files.

If you hold down the capacitive scroll button it will stop working when you reach the 157th file in the folder.
To continue browsing you have to scroll back once in the other direction. (The bug is the same in both directions i.e. scrolling up or down).

It's not the end of the world, but I have a favourites folder containing around 500 tracks and it stops when I get to letter H.

Aug 19, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #3,610 of 6,262
Good luck. Perhaps you have a defective unit.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #3,615 of 6,262
also the n3 won't play some SACD .dts files...anyone know aw workaround for this? thanks i'm new to the hobby so learning heaps atm.....
Hi, the N3 doesn't support surround sound SACD (and definitely not dts). If you have an SACD ISO with both 2.0 and 5.1 tracks, you have to extract the 2.0 files as dff or dsf files first (Google 'Sonore ISO2DSD' for a free tool that does this for you). Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back