Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Nov 12, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #481 of 751
I tried these at a local audiophile's home today. The set up was idac6+iHA-6 driving a pair of Nighthawk and Focal Clear. They both sound warm and engaging. One thing tough, I didn't spot any voltage switch on the back of the iHA-6. If I do remember right it used to have that switch. Did Cayin make a silent revision?
there was no voltage switch on my iha6

i never heard the clears with my amp but the elears sounded soo much better with the extra power that the iha6 offers

i recently "upgraded" to an auralic taurus mkii ad that change has me thinking that the iha6 has a bit of heightened (or spiky) upper mids or lower treble in some headphones that i have heard (eg utopia and he6se). It made the utopia's a little too "aggressive" or fatiguing for me (or at least it did that day) but i think this element is great for the elear that has that dip

also worked great with my lcd2

IMHO YMMV

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #482 of 751
there was no voltage switch on my iha6

i never heard the clears with my amp but the elears sounded soo much better with the extra power that the iha6 offers

i recently "upgraded" to an auralic taurus mkii ad that change has me thinking that the iha6 has a bit of heightened (or spiky) upper mids or lower treble in some headphones that i have heard (eg utopia and he6se). It made the utopia's a little too "aggressive" or fatiguing for me (or at least it did that day) but i think this element is great for the elear that has that dip

IMHO YMMV
Thanks for the reply! I used to have the Tauraus Mk2 but imho it has way too much gain, it is fantastic for my HE5LE and HE6 but for the rest of my cans there's not much room to play with on the volume knob, which is part of the reason why I want the iHA-6. I've heard people say its basically a Tauraus with less power and gain.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #483 of 751
Thanks for the reply! I used to have the Tauraus Mk2 but imho it has way too much gain, it is fantastic for my HE5LE and HE6 but for the rest of my cans there's not much room to play with on the volume knob, which is part of the reason why I want the iHA-6. I've heard people say its basically a Tauraus with less power and gain.
It’s in the same ball park i guess. A great review by project86 on the iha6 here/innerfidelity

I can see how the taurus can be an issue ie too much power or gain

i think the iha6 is very underrated

pity about the output impedance of the single ended input though

A much as i hate to say it zeos (z reviews) loved it but it was not much of a review at all, except to say he liked it

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #484 of 751
Couldn't find a dedicated thread of this Amp so posting my question here...

On power-off my iHA-6 has a (loud) pop sound in the headphones, but if I toggle the high current switch before power off I don't get this power-off pop.
Should I be worried or is this normal?

Feb 23, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #490 of 751
Can I use this amp to listen to both XLR 4-pin and 6.3mm unbalanced at the same time?

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #492 of 751
is the version of cayin iha 6 mk2?
I don't think there is a mk2 iha6, Cayin don't need to release it. There is a mk2 iDAC6 which has significantly improved DAC AKM4490 to ESS9028PRO

Feb 23, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #494 of 751

IMHO YMMV
Yeah, I found this to be the case. If the treble was tamed down slightly it would be much better. I compared with Jotunheim, and Jotunheim was smoother. The Jotunheim may have been the newest revision because I heard there was impression of it sounding clinical as well. What iHa-6 did better in comparison was spacial imaging as Jotunheim sounds a bit flat in comparison, and sounds not as distinctive.

So, Taurus is different despite what people say about iHA-6 essentially sounding like Taurus.

About me. I don't like clinical sound, but I do like precise sounding response without being clinical. I dislike THX amps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back