1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by project86, Feb 7, 2016.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
  1. Andykong
    There is no plan to release a MKII for iHA-6, the IDAC-6 is revised because the digital audio product life are shorter then analogue amplifier. In addition, we have added Pre-amp circuit to IDAC-6 in the MKII revision, this will enhance the i-Series to cover deskfi application with active speakers.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  2. thecrow
    I agree.

If you are using balanced headphone cables (the output impedance of single ended inputs being the only shortfall/limitation of the amp) then there is no reason to change the iha6 at all. Exceptional value

3. thecrow
    can anyone provide a pic of the power cable that comes with the iha6 (particularly if you are in australia ...but not necessarily)
    i have my iha6 but can't remember which cable came with it
    thanks

4. fonna
    ordered this amp, but kinda scared seeing all the buzz / noise comments in this thread :frowning2:

hope I don't have to deal with that

5. thecrow
    Absolutely no issue with mine (over 18 months)

6. Litlgi74
    Same here.

7. fonna
    Got it yesterday, worked fine for a couple of hours, now whenever i plug in my hd800s via 4pin xlr it gives a horrible beeping noise, that goes away when i switch to high current.... single ended works fine also..

8. fonna
    apparently this might be an oscillation problem, I got a super quick response and great customer service.

9. thecrow
    And i believe it may have been affected by your dac or how you were feeding the amp (ie. xlr or rca). It would be good to let the thread (including potential buyers) know if there was an update to your discoveries

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  10. Litlgi74
    Are you connecting the RME to the Iha-6? I have the same setup... I have the auto reference level turned off while using the manual level of + 7 (balanced inputs) and the volume at -1. But I use the amp volume knob to control the volume... But if you want to control the volume via the RME... Leave auto reference on... And set the volume of the Iha-6 to a maximum usable level.

Hope this helps.

11. fonna
    why do you assume it was affected by my dac? and why would it be affected by how I was feeding the amp? you just plug in cables and stuff works, I was using it with my RME ADI-2 DAC on +7 ref, the amp made noise basically right out of the box, when just plugging in headphones, it was just a lemon, unlucky I guess. they will let me know what was up with it, I did however get a refund after excellent customer service by "Thomas Deyerling" from Cayin.de, my Violectric V280 has been working perfectly for a while already now with my RME ADI-2 DAC.

12. fonna
    also want to mention that the iHA-6 sounded great for as long as it worked and is a steal at the price , I was just unlucky to receive a bad unit. the customer service is also excellent, all kudos to Cayin.

13. thecrow
    Why? Because of this post.
    I was curious what your new discoveries had been and if some issues had been resolved

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31