1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by project86, Feb 7, 2016.
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
  1. thecrow
    there was no voltage switch on my iha6

i never heard the clears with my amp but the elears sounded soo much better with the extra power that the iha6 offers

i recently "upgraded" to an auralic taurus mkii ad that change has me thinking that the iha6 has a bit of heightened (or spiky) upper mids or lower treble in some headphones that i have heard (eg utopia and he6se). It made the utopia's a little too "aggressive" or fatiguing for me (or at least it did that day) but i think this element is great for the elear that has that dip

also worked great with my lcd2

IMHO YMMV

2. lambdastorm
    Thanks for the reply! I used to have the Tauraus Mk2 but imho it has way too much gain, it is fantastic for my HE5LE and HE6 but for the rest of my cans there's not much room to play with on the volume knob, which is part of the reason why I want the iHA-6. I've heard people say its basically a Tauraus with less power and gain.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  3. thecrow
    It’s in the same ball park i guess. A great review by project86 on the iha6 here/innerfidelity

I can see how the taurus can be an issue ie too much power or gain

i think the iha6 is very underrated

pity about the output impedance of the single ended input though

A much as i hate to say it zeos (z reviews) loved it but it was not much of a review at all, except to say he liked it

4. nanu
    Couldn't find a dedicated thread of this Amp so posting my question here...

On power-off my iHA-6 has a (loud) pop sound in the headphones, but if I toggle the high current switch before power off I don't get this power-off pop.
    Should I be worried or is this normal?

First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32