Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #3,676 of 3,742
Good morning man, thanks for your efforts. Im not able to find your firmware as the links are not working, could you please upload again to Mediafire or other service host please?

Cheers !

Purist ROM support for Cayin was removed after Mr. AndyKong raised his concern to the forum administration regarding copyright issue of firmware. And I also removed myself from using Cayin N5 modded product and my plan to purchase Cayin N8 too.

It's regrettable but I can no longer help you guys solving performance and battery life issues with Cayin products now. I asked him before adding Cayin support and he said he won't interfere with my project but now he changed his decision.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #3,678 of 3,742
Dear Andy and all, I accidentally uninstalled the Tidal app from my i5 and the latest Tidal version on Google Play is incompatible, is there anyway I can install an older version back on my i5?

As much as I like the i5, it would be a disaster if Tidal cannot work on it. Thank you guys.

May 4, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #3,680 of 3,742
my volume knob on my i5 kinda stall lil bit its kinda laggy. is there any way I could fix it?
I had the same problem with mine and had to send it back to Penon Audio in Hong Kong. They've organised free repair outside the warranty my cost was shipping from New Zealand to them only. I don't think you can fix it. Andy Kong here said that it's a little notch that breaks and must be replaced.

May 4, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #3,681 of 3,742
I had the same problem with mine and had to send it back to Penon Audio in Hong Kong. They've organised free repair outside the warranty my cost was shipping from New Zealand to them only. I don't think you can fix it. Andy Kong here said that it's a little notch that breaks and must be replaced.
thank you for answering m8, is there any way we can update the android os. because my cayin started to laggy all ver the place

May 5, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #3,682 of 3,742
thank you for answering m8, is there any way we can update the android os. because my cayin started to laggy all ver the place
If you are not on the latest Firmware, than it should pop up on your home screen if your WiFi is on, when new firmware is available. I don't think that it will be anymore updates for this player, nor for the android version that is on it. It has been awhile since we've received updates. Mine works perfectly, then again I never had issues with it and I don't stream.

May 5, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #3,683 of 3,742
If you are not on the latest Firmware, than it should pop up on your home screen if your WiFi is on, when new firmware is available. I don't think that it will be anymore updates for this player, nor for the android version that is on it. It has been awhile since we've received updates. Mine works perfectly, then again I never had issues with it and I don't stream.

yeahh i stream a lot. maybe is time to back to offline mode. any problem with your battery life ? mine only 6 hrs of usage non wifi is it still normal?

May 6, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #3,684 of 3,742
yeahh i stream a lot. maybe is time to back to offline mode. any problem with your battery life ? mine only 6 hrs of usage non wifi is it still normal?
Mine is now almost 3 years old and I only use my players while walking my dog, or ride the bike around 1.5-2 hours per event. Didn't notice that I have to charge it more often than my other players. So I want make any claims since I regulary switch between my players and headphone sets - I like variety you know.

May 6, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #3,685 of 3,742
Mine is now almost 3 years old and I only use my players while walking my dog, or ride the bike around 1.5-2 hours per event. Didn't notice that I have to charge it more often than my other players. So I want make any claims since I regulary switch between my players and headphone sets - I like variety you know.

yea sometimes i dont hear songs on dap that long so its not a big deal for me. is it okay to hear music from dap while charging or is it just gonna ruin the dap itself ??

May 6, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #3,686 of 3,742
yea sometimes i dont hear songs on dap that long so its not a big deal for me. is it okay to hear music from dap while charging or is it just gonna ruin the dap itself ??
Never heard that any DAP was ruined.The thing is if DAP supports Play while connected to PC and I5 is one of those players that you can choose between USB options, so it's OK to listen while charging via PC. But if you connect to wall charger than there is nooption other than charge only.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #3,688 of 3,742
is there any recommendation for DAC for i5, for some reason i quite not satisfied with sound staging on i5, which DAC should i choose ?
I've used FiiO E12 Mount Blanc and A5 ( A5 has a bit more grunt). Both very light and portable and help to boost Lower frequencies. Altough I now seldom use amps since I own selection of Headphones that sound very well indeed with I5, so no need for amp. As far as desktop version goes I never used one, so someone else might be able to chip in . I am surprised that you are not satisfied with I5s sound stage, then again we all have different demands and tastes.

May 7, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #3,689 of 3,742
I've used FiiO E12 Mount Blanc and A5 ( A5 has a bit more grunt). Both very light and portable and help to boost Lower frequencies. Altough I now seldom use amps since I own selection of Headphones that sound very well indeed with I5, so no need for amp. As far as desktop version goes I never used one, so someone else might be able to chip in . I am surprised that you are not satisfied with I5s sound stage, then again we all have different demands and tastes.

gonna cop FiiO e12 this weekend. btw when i listen to music and i turn off the screen about 4 - 5 songs, cayin i5 turn off by itself, so i need to turn on the device again and its really frustrating how do i change the setting ? is there any ?

May 8, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #3,690 of 3,742
gonna cop FiiO e12 this weekend. btw when i listen to music and i turn off the screen about 4 - 5 songs, cayin i5 turn off by itself, so i need to turn on the device again and its really frustrating how do i change the setting ? is there any ?
While player is on, swipe from the top of the screen down to get to drop down meny. Ther you'll find "timers", 1 for screen off, 1 for player of at idle. By sliding on the bar from left to right and vice versa you can adjust how long before screen and/or the whole player goes off at idle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back