1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244
246 247 248 249
Next

Last
  1. WindowsX
    With pleasure. :)

2. moby1974

Battery drain while on standby is much better, before this I would need to remind myself to power off, otherwise after a 3 or 4 days (depending on charge) days it would either be empty or close to been empty.

Seems to be draining at half the speed it was, which is great.

Sound wise I cannot really say, I would have needed to sit down for a good bit to do a before and after, but TBH like I have said my issue was with the drain, now that's better I am very happy :)

If you can do more to improve software it that would be great, but even if not, this FW is a must for any I5 owner.

3. WindowsX
    I'm glad to hear Purist ROM helps with your situation. For further improvements, you may consider Enhanced/Advanced ROM too. :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  4. chicken beer
  5. moby1974
    I see the Enhanced lists audio improvements, any detail as to what that is and noticeable?

Thanks

6. WindowsX
    Debloating non-audio processes, apply full system configuration optimizations and optimized kernel for better sound quality. Advanced ROM will have audio driver configuration optimizations, optimized system files for better performance and sound quality, and low level optimizations for very big improvements. :)

7. Ziggomatic
    Still enjoying this player very much. Lately been addicted to using with the ER4XR. So good.

Still, I'm currently intrigued by the PAW 5000 mk ii. Can anyone do a quick comp for me?

Thanks!

8. Ziggomatic
    I think the writing is on the wall, but has anyone had any luck getting their unit repaired anywhere? The headphone out is failing on mine. The audio cuts out if you move the cable a certain way :sob:

Looks like I'm in the market for a new player, unless anyone kindly has any bright ideas. Thanks.

9. Ziggomatic
    Also, while I'm at it, I would love to hear any ideas on a good replacement at (or less than) $400. Thanks again!

10. Andykong
    Sound like a bad contact at the phone connector, can you contact your local Cayin dealer and find out the price to send the i5 back to Cayin for repair? Or if this is unavailable, you can email service@cayin.cn for assistant. If you want to repair it at lowest possible cost, try to find a local repair technician, they should be able to reinforce the phone connector at an acceptable cost.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  11. Andykong
    Black Friday sales is round the corner, our US distributor MusicTeck will offer a very good deal on N5ii and N5iiS. The N5iiS will discount to $399 for several days, there are several original N5ii available at $269. :beerchug:

12. Ziggomatic
    Thank you, Andy! Do you have a list (or a link to one) of Cayin dealers in the United States?

13. Ziggomatic
    I guess Musicteck is the only one?

14. Andykong
    MusicTeck is the US distributor, he has a couple of dealer at different city, but I don't have first hand information on that. Black Friday discount is only available through MusicTeck directly (to the best of my knowledge).

15. iMongui
    Good morning man, thanks for your efforts. Im not able to find your firmware as the links are not working, could you please upload again to Mediafire or other service host please?

Cheers !

First

Back
235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244
246 247 248 249
Next

Last