Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jun 16, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #3,706 of 3,742
I have both the new and old i5 protective case with me, but I always prefer to use the i5 naked, it just feel good. My i5 is extensively used and left a lot of scratch here and there already, so as long as I don't break the glass, I am happy to let the "history" keep building up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I have both the new and old i5 protective case with me, but I always prefer to use the i5 naked, it just feel good. My i5 is extensively used and left a lot of scratch here and there already, so as long as I don't break the glass, I am happy to let the "history" keep building up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I love the look and feel of this dap. I too enjoy looking at it and the tactile feel of the I5 when listening to it.

Jun 16, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #3,707 of 3,742
Okay, I appreciate your quick reply. That figures as I picked up a used Cayin I5 quite cheap at £170. I am really impressed with the sound but realise that the Hibby player is a bit limited and the WiFi a bit clunky. How did the sq compare with the R3 and R6?

I came to the R6 Pro from the i5 (with a brief try of the Opus #1S in between), and I would say the R6 Pro is a solid upgrade for me (better dynamics, resolution, and soudstage), but there are still things the i5 does better. For example, the low end of the i5 is a bit more muscular - has more weight and impact. (Both are much better than the Opus #1S, in my opinion.)

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #3,708 of 3,742
I came to the R6 Pro from the i5 (with a brief try of the Opus #1S in between), and I would say the R6 Pro is a solid upgrade for me (better dynamics, resolution, and soudstage), but there are still things the i5 does better. For example, the low end of the i5 is a bit more muscular - has more weight and impact. (Both are much better than the Opus #1S, in my opinion.)
Thanks for this- I will start saving my pennies for the R6, but in the meantime I am really enjoying the sound of the I5. I have been using the the LG V20 as my daily mobile driver but now am appreciating the 'muscularity' of the Cayin Dap!

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #3,709 of 3,742
Thanks for this- I will start saving my pennies for the R6, but in the meantime I am really enjoying the sound of the I5. I have been using the the LG V20 as my daily mobile driver but now am appreciating the 'muscularity' of the Cayin Dap!

Enjoy - I think it's one of the best. Also, although the R6 Pro is no slouch in the power department, I miss how much juice the i5 has. Seriously a ton of power in a hand-held.

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #3,710 of 3,742
Thanks, just wanted to let the rest of you Cayin I5 users who stream Tidal know that I can stream it through UAPP with no stuttering issues whether it's Redbook or MQA.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #3,712 of 3,742
Thanks, just wanted to let the rest of you Cayin I5 users who stream Tidal know that I can stream it through UAPP with no stuttering issues whether it's Redbook or MQA.

This is great, some i5 users has run into problem with Tidal after accidentally upgraded the app, now they can fall back to UAPP. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #3,713 of 3,742
@Andykong just asking, how possible can i send my i5 for repair , loose 3.5mm socket, basically if i dont apply slight pressure to the jack pushing it to the right , left earphone /bud connection is lost

If you have tired several earphone and still having the same problem, you can submit your i5 for repair through your local dealer or email us at service@cayin.cn.

If the problem only existed with some earphone but is OK with others, maybe you can change the 3.5mm plug of your earphone. For the record, not all 3.5mm connectors are the same, some connector might be slightly smaller then others and might cause compatibility problem, especially after extensive us.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #3,714 of 3,742
If you have tired several earphone and still having the same problem, you can submit your i5 for repair through your local dealer or email us at service@cayin.cn.

If the problem only existed with some earphone but is OK with others, maybe you can change the 3.5mm plug of your earphone. For the record, not all 3.5mm connectors are the same, some connector might be slightly smaller then others and might cause compatibility problem, especially after extensive us.
ok i will email it

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #3,715 of 3,742
This is great, some i5 users has run into problem with Tidal after accidentally upgraded the app, now they can fall back to UAPP. :beerchug:

Thanks Andy. I would like to ask you if you could consider the same arrangement that you have with Neutron with Usb Audio Player Pro (UAPP). although UAPP streams Tidal perfectly it can not access the High Res Driver. I have been in Communication with Davy from Extream software who is prepared to make the necessary software implentations to UAPP so Cayin I5 can stream Hi Res from Tidal using the dac directly without interference from Android OS as well as avoiding upsampling to 48 Khz.

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #3,717 of 3,742
Hey guys,

Has anyone used this unit with a dt1770 pro headset? How does it compare to, say, the qp2r or the Cayin r6 with the dt1770’s?

DT 1770 PRO and Cayin i5 was my best pair.
Recentley I purchased DX220, but I still can't sell my i5.
i5 has enough power to drive 1770 and they match to any kind of jenre.
QP2R is a good DAP too, but too warm for me. N6ii too.
DX220 is warmer than i5 but not too much. also the sound signature is dry, which is the reason i purchased DX220.

Sep 4, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #3,718 of 3,742
QP2R is a good DAP too, but too warm for me. N6ii too.
DX220 is warmer than i5 but not too much.
Are you saying qp2r, N6ii are significantly warmer than the i5 (for your taste)? And the dx220 is marginally warmer (but acceptably so for your taste)?

also the sound signature is dry, which is the reason i purchased DX220.
Do you mean to say the dx220 is too dry or the i5 is dry for your taste?

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #3,719 of 3,742
Hi thanks for your reply.

Are you saying qp2r, N6ii are significantly warmer than the i5 (for your taste)? And the dx220 is marginally warmer (but acceptably so for your taste)?
Do you mean to say the dx220 is too dry or the i5 is dry for your taste?

Yes you are right.
I also feel the mids of QP2R and N6ii is highlighted,

i5 and DX220 is both dry and is my taste.
I think i5 is dry than DX220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back