Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #3,616 of 3,742
091114BA-42C9-4E33-B7E4-FECAD31873FE.jpeg
I haven’t been using my C5 amp (no DAC) with the i5 lately just cause it sounds so damn good, and I’m running lower ohm phones. But with these 250 ohm Beyer DT’s this is a sweet combo!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #3,617 of 3,742
Sorry for bothering you again. it is the last I promise as I'm going to leave you enjoy your holiday.

I've already asked above but haven't got any attention or response as of now.

I have a problem with browsing my WD My Book NAS with the player's stock interface (Hiby).
Although it will find my NAS server, IP and the directories, it won't eventually prompt me to enter credentials in order to gain access to my files. This is not the case if I try for example to connect to a desktop computer in my LAN. It asks for credentials in that case and connects normally.

You're lucky that you can at least connect to desktop computers with Hiby, I have never been able so far to connect to any of mines, while I have no problems if I use, for example X-Plore file manager. Have you experienced any difference rolling back to firmware 2.0?

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #3,618 of 3,742
You're lucky that you can at least connect to desktop computers with Hiby, I have never been able so far to connect to any of mines, while I have no problems if I use, for example X-Plore file manager. Have you experienced any difference rolling back to firmware 2.0?
I can't tell you unfortunately as I have now put my i5 on sale..
From what I recall, yes, I could connect to my desktop computer via Hiby music and never had luck with my WD NAS where I store all my music...

Feb 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #3,619 of 3,742
I can't tell you unfortunately as I have now put my i5 on sale..
From what I recall, yes, I could connect to my desktop computer via Hiby music and never had luck with my WD NAS where I store all my music...
Ok, thanks for your reply. What I am experiencing is:
1) with a pc running windows 10 pro, i5 trough hiby simply refuses to connect saying user/password combination is wrong, no problem instead with X-Plore;
2) with a pc running windows 7 ultimare, i5 trough hiby accepts the user/password combination, but then the wheel on the screen keeps turning around and it never gets to folder browsing; again no problems with X-Plore;
3) with another pc running windows 7 home edition instead everything works.

I am wondering what could make the difference.

However, what I am mainly interested in, is how to solve the issue related to the Win 10 pro pc, that is the user/password combination reported as wrong even if it correct. If anybody is still using the i5 and could help, this would be very appreciated

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #3,620 of 3,742
However, what I am mainly interested in, is how to solve the issue related to the Win 10 pro pc, that is the user/password combination reported as wrong even if it correct. If anybody is still using the i5 and could help, this would be very appreciated

I quote myself since I found a solution googling around, I report here in case it may help anybody with the same issue: it seems that with a security update Windows 10 disabled SMB1 sharing protocol, and apparently the lan browsing trough hiby app doesn't work with newer version of this protocol, so the only solution I found is to re-enable it trough Control Panel > Program and Features > Turn Windows features on and off.
This however could expose your pc to some vulnerability issues (see for example here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-smb1-windows), so, even if I know that at this point it is a groundless hope, it would be appreciated if future firmware releaes for i5 would fix this problem by adding support for SMB2 or SMB3 (if it isn't a limit of the Android version on the i5).

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #3,621 of 3,742
Sorry for bothering you again. it is the last I promise as I'm going to leave you enjoy your holiday.

I've already asked above but haven't got any attention or response as of now.

I have a problem with browsing my WD My Book NAS with the player's stock interface (Hiby).
Although it will find my NAS server, IP and the directories, it won't eventually prompt me to enter credentials in order to gain access to my files. This is not the case if I try for example to connect to a desktop computer in my LAN. It asks for credentials in that case and connects normally.

Strangely, with 3rd party apps like ''USB Audio Player Pro'' I can browse my NAS flawlessly.

Am I missing anything in the settings or is there anything I should change within my NAS's configuration?

Sorry for the late respond.

I am not a NAS-literate, I struggled with my QNAP 4 bay and finally seek help from my friend before I can get it setup correctly. Therefore I can't comment on the NAS configuration, but if you can give me the detail of your NAS equipment and a short video clip on the i5 trying to connect to your NAS, I can forward the problem to our Service Engineer for comment. You can PM a dropbox or Google drive download link to me after you take the video clip.

On the other hand, have you tried Neutron Player with your NAS? Since Neutron provides Hi-Res support to i5, if it works with your NAS, we can have an interim solution that support Hi-Res audio for the moment.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 28, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #3,622 of 3,742
I haven’t been using my C5 amp (no DAC) with the i5 lately just cause it sounds so damn good, and I’m running lower ohm phones. But with these 250 ohm Beyer DT’s this is a sweet combo!

250ohm headphones will be a bit marginal for i5, so I am not surprised that the C5 can contribute as an upgrade in overall audio performance in this setup. With lower ohm phones, you better be careful with the volume knob of C5, it is a very powerful headphone amplifier give its size, it probably won't damage your headphone, but it might damage your hearing. :beerchug:

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #3,623 of 3,742
I quote myself since I found a solution googling around, I report here in case it may help anybody with the same issue: it seems that with a security update Windows 10 disabled SMB1 sharing protocol, and apparently the lan browsing trough hiby app doesn't work with newer version of this protocol, so the only solution I found is to re-enable it trough Control Panel > Program and Features > Turn Windows features on and off.
This however could expose your pc to some vulnerability issues (see for example here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-smb1-windows), so, even if I know that at this point it is a groundless hope, it would be appreciated if future firmware releaes for i5 would fix this problem by adding support for SMB2 or SMB3 (if it isn't a limit of the Android version on the i5).

Thanks for the update, I'll forward your solution to HiBy, keep them informed and find out if there is any internal setting in the HiBy app that can handle the situation correctly. :beerchug::beerchug:

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #3,624 of 3,742
@Andykong
need help to pair bluetooth headset ...
bluetooth in cayin i5 does not show headset name ( it show 00:26:38:00:5A: DC instead)
while pairing, cayin i5 show [can't communicate with )

in available devices of cayin
it show my phone name and pair with it as intended

also had try to connect headset to my phone, it work without problem

edited : update
somehow i was able to get the headset name show up correctly in cayin i5
but still unable to communicate with headset

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #3,625 of 3,742
@Andykong
need help to pair bluetooth headset ...
bluetooth in cayin i5 does not show headset name ( it show 00:26:38:00:5A: DC instead)
while pairing, cayin i5 show [can't communicate with )

in available devices of cayin
it show my phone name and pair with it as intended

also had try to connect headset to my phone, it work without problem

edited : update
somehow i was able to get the headset name show up correctly in cayin i5
but still unable to communicate with headset

What is the brand and model of your headset? Can you list the supported BT profile? If it works with your mobile phone but not with i5, and your i5 can pair with other BT device correctly, that might suggest incompatibility of BT profile. Be reminded that i5 only support A2DP profile in BT connection.

You said "it show my phone name and pair with it as intended" and then "still unable to communicate with headset", I am a bit confused, we are talking about two distinctive device here?

Apr 2, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #3,626 of 3,742
i will admit it is bit confusing
You said "it show my phone name and pair with it as intended"

is to show that i5 bluetooth does not have problem

What is the brand and model of your headset?
it is 维迈通 V8 for helmet

Can you list the supported BT profile?
not listed

Be reminded that i5 only support A2DP profile in BT connection.
suspected it after intense research online

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #3,628 of 3,742
Hi I'm curious how the i5 matches up to the fiio x5 3gen?

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #3,629 of 3,742
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #3,630 of 3,742

Users who are viewing this thread

Back