Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jan 27, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,671 of 3,742
Does anybody get the unfortunately cayin i5 has stopped working?

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2,672 of 3,742

Are you talking about the DAP itself, or the company at the moment? I know it is Chinese New Year and businesses essentially stop for a bit. Begging your pardon, if you knew this...

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #2,673 of 3,742
Are you talking about the DAP itself, or the company at the moment? I know it is Chinese New Year and businesses essentially stop for a bit. Begging your pardon, if you knew this...

Dap. I get this weird message sometimes and was wondering if anyone experience this issue too.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #2,674 of 3,742

Are you married to a closed-back design? I haven't heard the SRH940, but I've really been enjoying the HiFiMan HE400i straight out of the i5, and you can get it for about the same price as the SRH940 on Amazon right now...

Naively speaking I  think that closed means more insulation, and I love it when listening to music, in particular with classical one. Unfortunately, however  the price for the HE400i in Italy is twice as much as the one in the .com store

EDIT: as open ones I was considering also the DT880 PRO, but maybe an earphone amplifier is needed for them

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #2,675 of 3,742

I get that too. Sometimes when I scroll through albums I get black screen and the player shuts down after a while. Once I got blue screen and few times I could turn up volume by tapping wrong places on a screen. I hope that these are some firmware issues, which can be fixed in next update...

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #2,676 of 3,742

Today is our Chinese New Year day, We wish you all a prosperous New Year.

Cayin is grateful to the wonderful i5 community at HeadFi forum, you are the best customers in our experience, and we are thankful to meet a lot of friends through our previous exchanges and meetings. We'll try out best to support our products, please stay with us while we are improving.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 27, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #2,678 of 3,742
Do today will come the Chinese new year , congratulate Andycong happy new year . Where is the new firmware which Andy promised earlier ?

What is the new firmware going to include?

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #2,681 of 3,742
well, I hope they take care of some other basics. If gapless and proper sorting are still not fixed in the 4th firmware update I will slowly loose my patience...

I am really curious how the i5 is going to hold up to the dpx1 that is now the same price of the i5. From what I heard the dpx1 might sound little better then the i5 and also comes with where you can plug the 2.5mm cable in(forgot what's that called) and 2 slots. Also the new FiiO x5 3rd gen.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #2,682 of 3,742
well, "better" is only subjective. I did not hear the the X5III but read that the sound signature is very similar to i5. Balanced output is only just nice to have, always remember you are on head-fi here which means:

- More expensive is automatically better
- Balanced is automatically better than Single ended
- Two DACs are automatically better than one

Furthermore lot of people here do not use the devices to listen to music, they use music to listen to their devices.

For the storage I learned to live with one slot. We are a bit handicapped because Cayin choose to go with the time and gave us a USB-C (although without implementing the advantages of USB C unfortunately). But tiny OTG-drives for USB C are coming and it should not be long until we see 512GB MIcroSD cards.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #2,683 of 3,742
x5iii sound is not that bold and warm like i5 do, doesn't mean its sound isn't thick, just not as much as i5.

Seperation is a little bit better but layer is edge behind i5.

They didn't lose to each other they just good but present its sound in different character.

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #2,685 of 3,742
Does anyone tried using i5 on sony's MDR1000x? I want to ask regarding sound quality on BT

Nope but I use the Mometum 2.0 overear bluetooth but I have not tried it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back