Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jul 23, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #736 of 3,742
Hmmm... Well, I don't know about tonal balance and the ZX2... But let's just say that after this demo, I will entertain no more thoughts about the QP1R nor hope for Questyle to do something about their dysfunctional scroll wheel. Frankly, I don't care any more... If I want to pick up a DAP for the road, this will likely be it. :)
i see, shall demo it again at Avone or jaben soon! Thanks :)

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #737 of 3,742
@Andykong, the USB-Coax cable looks great. Hope that it will available in US at the same time with i5 itself. US users can only buy i5 now from unknown ebay seller or penonaudio but Andy said that it isn't Cayin authorized. Can't wait to see it on amazon.

What is i5 standard accessories? I'm looking to try out the OTG function so hope that USB adapter is included. 

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #740 of 3,742
Hi, i just bought the I5 and I like it so much..

Here is my opinion:

From upside
Warm characteristic (can be good or bad)
Good size of dimension. Better grip compare to Onkyo.
Bluetooth and wifi signal is more strong compare to Onkyo.
Nice looking UI which diferrentiate with others DAP with android.
Line Out with maximum volume, although the volume information still showing different numbers.
Decent playtime 15-20 hours (combined playing with bluetooth, line out and HO)

From downside:
1 slot microsd. If there is 2, it will be perfect combo.
Can not read FAT32 microsd.
It doesn't turnoff automatically when 2 players open at the same time. So the sound will come out together from the 2 apps at the same time.
Still can not find a way to kill the open apps. If spotify or poweramps remains open although it is pause, it will reduce the sound played through the original player.

Thanks.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #741 of 3,742
This morning suddenly it turned itself off and booting it only got me until the Cayin logo.
Already factory reset but still persists... Welp :x

Anyone here has updated the firmware from stock? May I ask how you did iy?

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #742 of 3,742
This morning suddenly it turned itself off and booting it only got me until the Cayin logo.
Already factory reset but still persists... Welp :x

Anyone here has updated the firmware from stock? May I ask how you did iy?
boot loop?

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #744 of 3,742
Nope, stuck.
But wipe cache and factory reset did the trick now it's back on track again, albeit sometimes still stutters and such.
ah i see.i am now deciding qp1r or i5 first

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #746 of 3,742
QP1R costs double the price. No question it sounds great, but the scrollwheel and the UI were developed in hell.
yes but the sound is really good. Btw have you enquired Jaben bundle already?

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #748 of 3,742
You should have take the QP1R when they sold for 1,099....

Nope, not enquired yet. Busy last days. Will drop by this coming Thursday or Friday..
yeap but at that moment in time, I was setting aside the cash for andromeda or sirius :/
Ah i see.

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #750 of 3,742
Hi, i just bought the I5 and I like it so much..

Here is my opinion:

From upside
Warm characteristic (can be good or bad)
Good size of dimension. Better grip compare to Onkyo.
Bluetooth and wifi signal is more strong compare to Onkyo.
Nice looking UI which diferrentiate with others DAP with android.
Line Out with maximum volume, although the volume information still showing different numbers.
Decent playtime 15-20 hours (combined playing with bluetooth, line out and HO)

From downside:
1 slot microsd. If there is 2, it will be perfect combo.
Can not read FAT32 microsd.
It doesn't turnoff automatically when 2 players open at the same time. So the sound will come out together from the 2 apps at the same time.
Still can not find a way to kill the open apps. If spotify or poweramps remains open although it is pause, it will reduce the sound played through the original player.

Thanks.

What do you mean about the line out with max volume?

The i5 has LO/HO combine. However, I thought that the LO suppose to be by pass the internal amp which is not volume controllable. It should has the soft setting switch. It's not make sense when use external amp with LO while LO already amp internally. Am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back