Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jun 9, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #392 of 3,742
The writer of this open-box article, Kevin, is an Engineer from a reputable Communication appliance brand in Mainland China. I have received permission from Kevin to translate his article and post in HeadFi. While I try to translate the content as honest as possible, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of translation at professional level.

I have skipped some of the content that is related to online music service which is only relevant to Mainland China users. Kevin provided the photos to me and I attached them as-is. Unfortunately the UI displayed in these photo are in Chinese, for obvious reason.

Thanks for the translation, Andy.
And really beautiful pics 
beerchug.gif

Two points that caught my attention:

Quote:
 This is the first promotion batch and it come with a genuine leather case. The case is high quality but it does get into the way when I need to operate at the edge of the screen. I was skeptical on the heat dispersion issue with the leather case initially, but glad to know that i5 is not as hot as expected, it is significantly better when compare to the N6 that I have.

Well, I guess there's another reason to buy it earlier 
biggrin.gif

1. The general operation is smooth but not outstanding, there are 1~2 sec delay when I switch song, but the other operation are very reflective.

Hmm, so there's still delay. But nothing that couldn't be fixed by firmware update. I hope it'll be fixed on 1st firmware update.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #393 of 3,742
Well, I guess there's another reason to buy it earlier :D

Hmm, so there's still delay. But nothing that couldn't be fixed by firmware update. I hope it'll be fixed on 1st firmware update.

As long as you understand the risk involve, I am happy to have a i5 user on-board this thread as soon as possible. :beerchug:

I know there will be a firmware update within June, but not sure about the coverage in detail, I suppose event the software people can't be sure for now, they just work very hard to get as many issues sorted out as possible right now.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 11, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #394 of 3,742
As sure as you understand the risk involve, I am happy to have a i5 user onboard this thread as soon as possible.
beerchug.gif

I know there will be a firmware update within June, but not sure about the coverage in detail, I suppose event the software people can't be sure for now, they just work very hard to get as many issues sorted out as possible right now.

Welp, I've done it. Ordered, no turning back now.
The wait begins.

At least by waiting, it means new firmware will come out when I receive the unit too so I guess it's okay.

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #397 of 3,742
I know I shouldn't do this :D :D :D

But I guess you'll like it. :etysmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQjphke8bI

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #398 of 3,742
Mine shipped and is in Houston. I'm 7,000 miles away. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHH!!!

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #400 of 3,742
@Andykong
is this(i5) better or on par with the n5 in your opinion? cheers!

Yes, in my opinion, the i5 is at the same level as n5.

i5 is more pleasant, easy listening and musical, while N5 is stronger on the "audiophile" attribute: feel more dynamic and punch and the details are more audible

I can listen to i5 for very long hours, the bass of N5 is a bit prominent for me which is good for pop music but as relax and enjoyable when compare to i5.

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #401 of 3,742

i5 is more pleasant, easy listening and musical, while N5 is stronger on the "audiophile" attribute: feel more dynamic and punch and the details are more audible

I can listen to i5 for very long hours, the bass of N5 is a bit prominent for me which is good for pop music but as relax and enjoyable when compare to i5.
Then EQ can help.

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #402 of 3,742

ah i see. i just acquire a n5 recently and trying to expand my dap collection.
thanks for the headsup andy!
looking forward to the i5

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back